#2961 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

The 2000 Ravens defense was insanely dominant (obviously). Some stats that to my eye don't get enough play about them...

Out of 20 games played that mattered (playoffs included) the DEFENSE surrendered 10 points or less in 16 of them.  80% of the time they took the field, the DEFENSE gave up 10 or less.  And that was with an offense that didn't always keep them off the field for LONG periods of time either.  One of those 16 games, as a TEAM, they gave up 14 points but 7 of them were on an INT return while the offense had the ball.

In the 4 playoff games, the defense itself surrendered 16 points... total.  The Giants only score in the Superbowl was on a kickoff return, which by chance happened because Duane Starks had just scored on defense with an INT return of his own.  In the playoffs, the defense alone was outscored 16-7 over four games.  Also in the AFC title game, the only 3 points the Raiders scored was on a drive that started inside the Ravens 40 after a Dilfer INT.

And the Titans took the #1 ranking largely due to the Jets coming out in the season finale deciding they would try to be Tom Brady before he even existed... and had Vinny chuck it up 69 times.  SIXTY NINE passes in one game.  So they managed to roll up a bunch of yardage which in the end was meaningless...

Interestingly enough, the season finale vs the Jets featured the only defensive TD of the regular season when Chris McAllister jump a quick out route and took to the house.

The perception was the defense scored a lot of points in 2000 but they didn't. They stopped a lot of scoring but didn't score much themselves. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2962 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

Sounds like we are losing our LB coach to Michigan 

Interesting since Harbaugh might leave for the Jets 

Michigan expected to sign Ravens LB coach Mike Macdonald for defensive coordinator job

https://ravenswire.u...oordinator-job/

Roll Tide

#2963 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

Sounds like we are losing our LB coach to Michigan 

Interesting since Harbaugh might leave for the Jets 

https://ravenswire.u...oordinator-job/

As I posted in the coach rumor thread, the Athletic reported Harbaugh is finalizing a 5 year deal with Michigan. Here's another link.

https://www.cbssport...ut-per-reports/

#2964 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

As I posted in the coach rumor thread, the Athletic reported Harbaugh is finalizing a 5 year deal with Michigan. Here's another link.

Supposedly he is helping the university out and re-doing the contract and taking less.

@mikeghg

#2965 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

Thanks
Roll Tide

#2966 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

So apparently we brought 2 centers and a OT for tryouts.

Centers John Halapio and Greg Mancz. Also OT Jordan Mills

https://nfltraderumo...-three-players/

Roll Tide

#2967 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

Madubuike had a full grown man game! The rookie defenders are special. This is a quick look at all 18 Henry carries. Dline was dominant and the LBs were physical. Just awesome to see.

• BobPhelan, Mike B, Mike in STL and 2 others like this

#2968 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,979 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Madubuike has All Pro potential. Im far from sold on Queen and maybe he takes a big step , but otherwise Decosta did a great job in this draft. Harrison is going to be a starter very soon. Dobbins is a clearly a stud. Phillips played much better late. Duvernay at worst looks like a good returner and gadget play guy threat.

#2969 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

I didn't realize how active Madubuike was almost every snap he was in there. Hope we see some pass rush. He was blowing people off the ball.

#2970 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

Madubuike had a full grown man game! The rookie defenders are special. This is a quick look at all 18 Henry carries. Dline was dominant and the LBs were physical. Just awesome to see.

He had nowhere to run and the few holes that did open up closed quickly. Really impressive

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@DaKittenz

#2971 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:30 PM

I didn't realize how active Madubuike was almost every snap he was in there. Hope we see some pass rush. He was blowing people off the ball.

Even when the run went away from him and he was out of the play he seemed to be next to or beyond his lineman, never held in front.

@DaKittenz

#2972 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:36 PM

He had nowhere to run and the few holes that did open up closed quickly. Really impressive

They put Derrick Henry and his stiff arm on a Milk Carton.  DL and LB's kicked ass.  

@mikeghg

#2973 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:38 PM

Even when the run went away from him and he was out of the play he seemed to be next to or beyond his lineman, never held in front.

I'm juiced that we won that style of game. The revenge and bullying was great but I'm talking about other than that. If we somehow meet the Browns and they play all that TE/RB heavy personnel, we know we can handle it. And I believe Harrison should play as much as he did yesterday. I think I saw 55% of snaps, squashing Fort & Board.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2974 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:47 PM

This is great stuff.  I really enjoy the film you post.  As always thanks for sharing.

• BobPhelan and Huddle It Up Films like this
@mikeghg

#2975 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:57 PM

Good stuff per usual. You were at the game, right?

#2976 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

I'm juiced that we won that style of game. The revenge and bullying was great but I'm talking about other than that. If we somehow meet the Browns and they play all that TE/RB heavy personnel, we know we can handle it. And I believe Harrison should play as much as he did yesterday. I think I saw 55% of snaps, squashing Fort & Board.

My amateur observations: Harrison was more noticeable (to me) yesterday than any prior game. And I think he and McPhee laid the 3-4 hardest hits on Henry. Wolfe has been a force these past 6 weeks or so and Judon played highly disciplined football yesterday. An amazing effort by the D.

#2977 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

So MacDonald is likely his new DC.

Roll Tide

#2978 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:10 PM

I think Jihad Ward has quietly become a force also.  Every game he makes at least a handful of great plays.  I'd like to see him get more snaps and maybe he will moving forward.  

#2979 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the video!  I took a really close look at Queen and he really doesn't do much in the running game.  He has a ton of trouble shedding blockers.  He had Ben Jones on him most of the game and Jones absolutely smothered him i think 15 out of the 18 plays by my rough count.

• DuffMan, GabeFerguson and Huddle It Up Films like this

#2980 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:22 PM

My amateur observations: Harrison was more noticeable (to me) yesterday than any prior game. And I think he and McPhee laid the 3-4 hardest hits on Henry. Wolfe has been a force these past 6 weeks or so and Judon played highly disciplined football yesterday. An amazing effort by the D.

Harrison is like a country mile ahead of Queen in the run game IMO.  Queen couldn't shed blocks at all.  I'm losing confidence in him fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=