102 replies to this topic

#41 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2022 - 12:22 PM

Makes sense. 

That's a problem for me. Too disjointed. Episode 2 picked up about 6 months after the events of episode 1. 

The time jumps are only going to get bigger.

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 06:44 PM

Makes sense.

That's a problem for me. Too disjointed. Episode 2 picked up about 6 months after the events of episode 1.

I think that once they hit the actual Dance of the Dragons, we'll lose the massive time jumps.

Sucks were going to lose Milly Alcock once they get past the "young Rhaenyra" stage. She is absolutely killing it in that role. Luckily we'll get to keep rolling with Smith as Daemon. Emma D'arcy is going to have to nail it as "older Rhaenyra" after what Alcock has done.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 August 2022 - 06:56 PM

I think that once they hit the actual Dance of the Dragons, we'll lose the massive time jumps.

Sucks were going to lose Milly Alcock once they get past the "young Rhaenyra" stage. She is absolutely killing it in that role. Luckily we'll get to keep rolling with Smith as Daemon. Emma D'arcy is going to have to nail it as "older Rhaenyra" after what Alcock has done.

She’s phenomenal, that sucks. Didn’t even think about that. Smith has done well, I do not like that his voice sounds almost exactly like Ramsey’s. I’ll trust in the project for now. I just really likes the early seasons of GoT, the way things developed slowly, the unpredictable nature of it, etc. so far this feels like jumping around to major plot points with a few little political conversations in between.

But thanks for the info, good to know, I can at least reset a little bit. The production quality is through the roof. Also really liked the opening credits this episode. That was awesome.
  • Biggsy likes this

#44 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 07:10 PM

She’s phenomenal, that sucks. Didn’t even think about that. Smith has done well, I do not like that his voice sounds almost exactly like Ramsey’s. I’ll trust in the project for now. I just really likes the early seasons of GoT, the way things developed slowly, the unpredictable nature of it, etc. so far this feels like jumping around to major plot points with a few little political conversations in between.

But thanks for the info, good to know, I can at least reset a little bit. The production quality is through the roof. Also really liked the opening credits this episode. That was awesome.

His voice is very Ramsey Boltonish. I found it a bit distracting on the bridge scene. lol

The creators of this did say they plan on focusing more on the political aspects, and the relationships of the characters. I hope that's true.

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 August 2022 - 07:13 PM

Lol exactly, that was very distracting. I’ve often felt distracted by the similarity of his voice in the characters. Daemon is a very intriguing character so far. I won’t say more as to keep this relatively spoiler free for now.

#46 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 06:09 AM

Lol exactly, that was very distracting. I’ve often felt distracted by the similarity of his voice in the characters. Daemon is a very intriguing character so far. I won’t say more as to keep this relatively spoiler free for now.

Having read pretty much everything GRRM has put out in this universe. Daemon is a very intriguing character. Very similar to Oberyn. Kind of has his own motivations. Smith has done a great job at portraying him.
  • You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this

#47 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,734 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 August 2022 - 06:46 AM

How about a new intro and theme song for a new show?

• Dupin likes this

#48 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 11:15 AM

I could've sworn I heard someone mutter:

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."

• DuffMan and Biggsy like this

#49 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 03:40 PM

How about a new intro and theme song for a new show?

I was legit irritated when I heard the Games of Thrones theme song come on.  Has any spinoff ever just recycled it's origin show's theme?

#50 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2022 - 04:25 PM

I was legit irritated when I heard the Games of Thrones theme song come on. Has any spinoff ever just recycled it's origin show's theme?

At least do a different spin on it.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 05:24 PM

The Ringer: ‘House of the Dragon’ Episode 2 Breakdown: Queens and Kings

#52 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 04:29 PM

Show runner is leaving already. WTH

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#53 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 10:40 PM

Episode 3 was pretty good.  It's growing on me; maybe this one will turn out decent after all.

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 08:35 AM

The Ringer: The Time Jumps on ‘House of the Dragon’ Are a Real (Albeit Temporary) Problem

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:20 AM

The Ringer: ‘House of the Dragon’ Episode 3 Deep Dive

https://www.theringe...game-of-thrones

#56 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:48 PM

Feel it’s getting better and better. The pacing is consistent, and they really do hit the right notes and get to the right details in the moments of time that they do jump around to. I’m really respecting the work here so far.

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:50 AM

The Ringer: ‘House of the Dragon’ Focuses on Its Core Four

#58 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 09:10 PM

I was really uncomfortable for a lot of episode 4, but I agree the show keeps getting better.  I like it.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:36 AM

The Ringer: Who Is the Most Ethically Compromised 'House of the Dragon' Character?

#60 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 09:33 PM

I'm all in now.  It'll be interesting to see how things change next week with the time jump/actor switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=