208 replies to this topic

#161 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:21 AM

MJF and CM Punk put on an 18 minute promo to kickoff Dynamite. And it's one for the books. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#162 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:44 AM

That was phenomenal. They should see if they could somehow get Jake the Snake in the middle of that.

#163 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:48 PM

Keith Lee! Keith Lee!!!!
@BSLMikeRandall

#164 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:29 AM

Keith Lee! Keith Lee!!!!

Keith needs to lose some weight.  He looks like he needs to hit the work out room.

@mikeghg

#165 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:31 AM

I like that he is using the Limitless moniker.  Much better than the stupid "bearcat" that Vince hung on him.

@mikeghg

#166 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:33 AM

A friend of mine attended a wrestling show about 10 days ago, and had a conversation with Mike Rotunda, and he kept hinting that Bray Wyatt would be on AEW soon.

@mikeghg

#167 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like Cody and Brandi Rhodes may be exiting, possibly returning to WWE.  Of course, it's wrestling so it all could just be a work.

They've both been getting serious X-pac heat lately.  I think Cody was a big fish in a small pond for a while but he's been passed by a lot of guys at this point.  

#168 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:17 PM

Sounds like Cody and Brandi Rhodes may be exiting, possibly returning to WWE.  Of course, it's wrestling so it all could just be a work.

They've both been getting serious X-pac heat lately.  I think Cody was a big fish in a small pond for a while but he's been passed by a lot of guys at this point.  

The rumor was Cody was going to be in the Rumble.  i will believe it when I see it.  Vince seems to be in the cut down mode.  He has made it extremely easy for AEW to add to their talent base.

@mikeghg

#169 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 02:47 PM

I like that he is using the Limitless moniker.  Much better than the stupid "bearcat" that Vince hung on him.

IIRC, Lee came up with the Bearcat name to honor Bearcat Wright who fought to de-segregate wrestling way back when.

@BSLMikeRandall

#170 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 02:57 PM

Why would he do that? He's an executive. I always thought his role was putting guys over. Taking a beating for the good of the company.

I mean, he created a place where people who didn't want to be on the road 300 days a year, without health insurance, and zero creative control cause thats what he hated about WWE. Why would he go back to that?

• DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#171 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:02 PM

Why would he do that? He's an executive. I always thought his role was putting guys over. Taking a beating for the good of the company.

I mean, he created a place where people who didn't want to be on the road 300 days a year, without health insurance, and zero creative control cause thats what he hated about WWE. Why would he go back to that?

The rumors have been there for awhile.  Maybe he feels like AEW is becoming the WWE annex.

@mikeghg

#172 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,420 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:37 PM

The rumor was Cody was going to be in the Rumble.  i will believe it when I see it.  Vince seems to be in the cut down mode.  He has made it extremely easy for AEW to add to their talent base.

For Vince it'd be about the ego. Look, even your founding execs will come back when I offer. Cause they know, which means you are no threat.

Instead of it being about the winner having the best storyline and performance it's about who can write bigger checks.

@JeremyMStrain

#173 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:51 PM

For Vince it'd be about the ego. Look, even your founding execs will come back when I offer. Cause they know, which means you are no threat.

Instead of it being about the winner having the best storyline and performance it's about who can write bigger checks.

Vince is IMO, a 100% ego maniac.  His actions the last 6 months are hard to understand.  He is not being outbid by AEW or IMo out worked.  He is just cutting good talent and they are going to where they can go and still get paid.  He really does not seem to care.  His story lines scream Vince.  AEW should send him a big thank you card.

• JeremyStrain likes this
@mikeghg

#174 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,420 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 04:24 PM

Vince is IMO, a 100% ego maniac.  His actions the last 6 months are hard to understand.  He is not being outbid by AEW or IMo out worked.  He is just cutting good talent and they are going to where they can go and still get paid.  He really does not seem to care.  His story lines scream Vince.  AEW should send him a big thank you card.

I had this theory a while back that without real competition, the WWE will shrivel and die. It's almost like he's trying to help the competition get to a level where they really feed off each other, but I don't know it will ever matter with the stupid moves and storylines they are pushing out. Just doesn't make ANY sense.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#175 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:37 PM

Sounds like Brandi had a ton of heat backstage and Tony Khan had cut him out of booking decisions. Also, it couldn't have helped Cody's ego that he was getting booed out of the building every night. The fans were done with him and rather than turn heel and work things, he just kept pushing forward as a face that no one liked.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#176 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 10:26 PM

Sounds like Brandi had a ton of heat backstage and Tony Khan had cut him out of booking decisions. Also, it couldn't have helped Cody's ego that he was getting booed out of the building every night. The fans were done with him and rather than turn heel and work things, he just kept pushing forward as a face that no one liked.

Yeah, I did hear on a podcast that they took away Cody's creative control. Also, people in the know basically are guaranteeing his return to WWE. Which kind of sucks if you ask me because It's almost like Vince once again wins. Wonder if Cody's time in WWE will end with him getting tossed into a garbage truck like Eric Bischoff. 

At least in WWE he won't be taking any bumps. No bloodshed, no flaming tables, no dog collars. Maybe thats what Brandi wants for him now that he's a dad. If you've ever seen the documentary where Mick Foley's wife and kids are watching ringside during his "I Quit" match with The Rock...oof. It's rough. Can totally see why a wife, even in the business, doesn't want to see her husband and a new father keep doing some of the things he does. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#177 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 February 2022 - 01:02 PM

The MJF-Punk feud is the best thing to happen in pro wrestling in the last decade. I don't want to see it end. 

They're both phenomenal on the mic and both guys respect the business. Their work isn't phony, flippy, video game wrestling. They actually know how to work and sell and put together a match. Can't wait for the dog collar match this weekend.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#178 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 February 2022 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, I did hear on a podcast that they took away Cody's creative control. Also, people in the know basically are guaranteeing his return to WWE. Which kind of sucks if you ask me because It's almost like Vince once again wins. Wonder if Cody's time in WWE will end with him getting tossed into a garbage truck like Eric Bischoff. 

At least in WWE he won't be taking any bumps. No bloodshed, no flaming tables, no dog collars. Maybe thats what Brandi wants for him now that he's a dad. If you've ever seen the documentary where Mick Foley's wife and kids are watching ringside during his "I Quit" match with The Rock...oof. It's rough. Can totally see why a wife, even in the business, doesn't want to see her husband and a new father keep doing some of the things he does. 

The whole match with Andrade was absurd. He was so desperately seeking approval from the fans that it was tough to watch. Especially when you know that Cody can work his butt off. If it's just about his in ring work, he's pretty good but the over rehearsed promos and the desperation to be a mainstream star really seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back for him in AEW.

@primetime667083

#179 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 March 2022 - 08:01 AM

I don't want MJF-Punk to ever end. This has been legendary.
@primetime667083

#180 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,420 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 02:42 PM

You guys see Tony Khan bought Ring of Honor today?
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=