#141 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 July 2021 - 06:59 PM

Apparently CM Punk officially signed today. Don’t know what to believe on the internet pertaining to wrestling stuff. But looks like a done deal.

That his big news if true.
Again, I suspect he is a part timer but the Chicago PPV just got big.
@mikeghg

#142 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 02:26 PM

Lot of rumors that CM Punk will be appearing on Rampage tonight.  I just turned 40 but I might mark out just a bit if he comes out to Cult of Personality.

#143 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 07:30 AM

Well that was awesome.
  • glenn__davis likes this

#144 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:28 AM

Lot of rumors that CM Punk will be appearing on Rampage tonight.  I just turned 40 but I might mark out just a bit if he comes out to Cult of Personality.

Wish granted. 

Kind of the worst kept secret ever. Malakai Black's arrival was way better because no one saw it coming.

I wish everything didn't have to make the rounds on the internet before it actually happens. 

Loved his promo though.  

@BSLMikeRandall

#145 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 August 2021 - 11:04 AM

Wish granted. 

Kind of the worst kept secret ever. Malakai Black's arrival was way better because no one saw it coming.

I wish everything didn't have to make the rounds on the internet before it actually happens. 

Loved his promo though.  

Punk’s spot IMO, was perfectly done.

He has always been magic on the mic.   Cena and Punk, along with the Miz are best.

@mikeghg

#146 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 August 2021 - 11:05 AM

Daniel Bryan is likely next man through the door.

I guess he will be Bryan Danielson.

@mikeghg

#147 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 11:39 AM

He did. I did.  That was awesome.

And super smart of them to start off with it because that crowd was going to crap all over everything else until he came.

• Mike in STL likes this

#148 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 11:40 AM

Which young guy has got it better? MJF, who gets to feud for a couple years with maybe a top three all timer in Jericho. Or Darby Allin who gets to work alongside a legend in Sting, and now draws CM Punk as his first fight in AEW?
@BSLMikeRandall

#149 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:00 PM

2 matches to go and this is the best PPV I’ve ever watched.

#150 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:48 PM

What an amazing show.

#151 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 10:17 PM

All Out blew SummerSlam out of the water.
@BSLMikeRandall

#152 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:12 PM

All Out blew SummerSlam out of the water.

I thought it was very good.  The ending made the show.   Cole and Bryan Danielson, that is a serious ending.

Christian really got beat up.  Omega caught him for real with one of the knees, and the table did damage to him too.

@mikeghg

#153 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:07 PM

I thought it was very good. The ending made the show. Cole and Bryan Danielson, that is a serious ending.

Christian really got beat up. Omega caught him for real with one of the knees, and the table did damage to him too.

That steel cage tag match was one of the best matches I’ve ever seen.
  • Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#154 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:40 PM

I thought it was very good.  The ending made the show.   Cole and Bryan Danielson, that is a serious ending.

Christian really got beat up.  Omega caught him for real with one of the knees, and the table did damage to him too.

I thought the whole card was constructed beautifully. Start with a couple bangers. The tag match tore the house down, so the battle royal was a nice way to let people catch their breath. Same with putting Wight/Marshall in between Punk and the main event. 

Didn't care for the ending of MJF/Jericho. But MJF's entrance was instant heat, heel to max type stuff. Loved it. 

Yeah, the tables are brittle, but the metal bar coming through it and into your ribs, ouch. 

Unfortunately I watched yesterday on YouTube, and searching for the show had the Cole and Danielson reveals spoiled. Is it just me or does Dainelson look jacked in a plain white tee? Did he put on like 20 pounds of muscle recently? 

Is it too many WWE guys now? Think about this. The All Out card was stacked, and here are the studs who didn't have a match. Hangman Page, Sammy Guevarra, Andrade, Brian Cage, Ricky Starks, Lance Archer, Malakai Black, Orange Cassidy, Pac. That isn't even counting Kazarian and Scorpio Sky who can work singles, or as a team, or any other tag teams except for the title match. No FTR, Jurassic Express, Santana and Ortiz, Varsity Blondes who are moving up fast. Now you have Cole and Danielson to fit into the mix. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#155 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:54 PM

Once again, AEW is putting PPV worthy cards on regular television.

How many PPVs could Kenny Omega v. Bryan Danielson headline… and Tony Khan is just like, have it for free, and they’ll be THE FIRST MATCH on the card.
  • DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#156 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:30 AM

Once again, AEW is putting PPV worthy cards on regular television.

How many PPVs could Kenny Omega v. Bryan Danielson headline… and Tony Khan is just like, have it for free, and they’ll be THE FIRST MATCH on the card.

That was a damn good match.  I feel like both guys have another gear, but that was pretty good.

I wonder if the idea to put that match on TV if they had a network or more PPV events.

@mikeghg

#157 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:40 AM

I know everyone feels like Omega is the best wrestler alive, but after watching last night, I think Bryan is every bit as good.

@mikeghg

#158 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:23 AM

That was a damn good match.  I feel like both guys have another gear, but that was pretty good.

I wonder if the idea to put that match on TV if they had a network or more PPV events.

If it turns into Bryan getting a title shot, that will be on a PPV. AEW only has 4 PPVs a year. I feel like when WWE has monthly PPVs, they just spend all of Raw/SD promoting those. For example, Cena comes back. Challenges Reigns. 5 weeks of promos building up to the PPV. Where Lesnar shows up. Feud with Reigns. Build up to...something. But Brock is never fighting on regular TV. (Side note: Hasn't Brock/Reigns PPV matches ended a show with a chorus of "this is boring" and a bunch of edited out "boos" like three times now? What are they doing?)

Maybe as a young company trying to get as many eyes as they can, that is why they limit the PPVs, and put so much quality on the free product. In Bischoff's WCW he held Nitro in the Georgia Dome with 50,000some people and had Goldberg beat Hogan for the title on regular TV. Crazy to think that they would sell out a football stadium for not even a PPV. A passing of the torch kind of deal from Hogan to Goldberg would easily be a PPV event. But maybe thats how you win ratings wars. 

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#159 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:40 AM

Didn't hear about this until I watched Dynamite from Wednesday, this morning. Jon Moxley checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse. Was supposed to fight Orange Cassidy in their number one contenders tournament but was replaced last minute with Miro.

Good on him for seeking the help. You'd think life couldn't be better right now. Just had a baby girl. His book came out this week. Probably was in line to fight Bryan Danielson, IMO, probably a more anticipated match than Omega/Page in the upcoming PPV. Sad to hear he's dealing with this. Hits a little closer to home for me. Lost my dad years ago to a long bout with alcohol abuse, and he wouldn't seek nor accept the help we tried to get him.

But it's also not surprising. He's the GCW world champ as well. Deathmatch wrestling in front of like 500 people. Certainly takes a toll, self medication to excess is probably common there.

I always thought he had some demons when WWE did a doc on him, not long before he left the company. But when he came to AEW and did some podcasts and wasn't being in character, seemed like a breath of fresh air for him. Had a sense of humor about him that he didn't have behind the scenes before. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#160 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 09:14 AM

In more light hearted news. I think we see Ric Flair in AEW sooner rather than later. Old school fans remember the four horsemen. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard managing their respective stables, finally crossed paths and are feuding. Possibly in Tully's stable of guys is Andrade, Charlotte Flair's fiance. When Ric was released from WWE a few months back, he appeared as Andrade's manager in AAA, in Mexico. 

The Horseman have had many members, but the most notable iteration, the HOF four, are Flair, Arn, Tully, and Barry Windham. I don't know what Windham is up to. Quick google search, he had a heart attack ten years ago. But still alive at 61. Windham is also the Uncle of Bray Wyatt, who was released from WWE, and has been rumored to AEW for a while now, cryptic tweets by him, etc...

In some way the four horsemen could appear together again. Two are there with their stables now feuding. One has a soon to be son in law he's managed in the feud. Another has a nephew rumored to be signing there. Stars are aligning. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=