#181 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 March 2022 - 02:01 PM

Great to see the Hardys reunited but they need to get their cardio up.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#182 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 March 2022 - 03:36 PM

Great to see the Hardys reunited but they need to get their cardio up.

I saw Jeff wound up on AEW.  He basically walked out at WWE.  Hopefully he stays clean.

@mikeghg

#183 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:50 AM

Did anyone watch FTR and the Briscoes? Match of the year candidate for sure.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#184 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:37 AM

AEW was in Baltimore last night, looked like quite the turnout.

#185 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 10:20 AM

AEW was in Baltimore last night, looked like quite the turnout.

It was at UMBCs arena. About 4K capacity. I wonder if it had been at Baltimore Arena with about triple the capacity if it would sell out.
@BSLMikeRandall

#186 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:25 AM

MJF cut an intense promo last night that is worth checking out.

#187 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 June 2022 - 09:40 PM

MJF cut an intense promo last night that is worth checking out.

Seemed “Pipebomb” esque. But I think it’s a work. The censors were too clean with the bleeping the f-word. Whereas when Mox let it slip later it was like the sound cut out for a second. No audible bleep.

Might be the start of a face turn. He begged to be fired. Can see Tony Khan making him work his ass off instead. Start putting him in matches where he is severely disadvantaged. MJF has run the gauntlet deal on Jericho, Wardlow, maybe now the tables turn on him. Ending in a rematch with Punk for the title.
@BSLMikeRandall

#188 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 June 2022 - 08:56 AM

Seemed “Pipebomb” esque. But I think it’s a work. The censors were too clean with the bleeping the f-word. Whereas when Mox let it slip later it was like the sound cut out for a second. No audible bleep.

Might be the start of a face turn. He begged to be fired. Can see Tony Khan making him work his ass off instead. Start putting him in matches where he is severely disadvantaged. MJF has run the gauntlet deal on Jericho, Wardlow, maybe now the tables turn on him. Ending in a rematch with Punk for the title.

I think it was definitely a work, but the best "works" have a lot of truth in it.  The spending money on ex-WWE guys has a lot of truth.

Some interesting spots, coming out of AEW the last week.  Kahn's ridiculous tirade directed at Bishoff was as interesting as MJF's tirade.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#189 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 08:11 AM

I think it was definitely a work, but the best "works" have a lot of truth in it. The spending money on ex-WWE guys has a lot of truth.

Some interesting spots, coming out of AEW the last week. Kahn's ridiculous tirade directed at Bishoff was as interesting as MJF's tirade.

Lines were definitely blurred and that’s when wrestling is at its best.

However, MJF is no longer on AEWs roster online. FWIW.
@BSLMikeRandall

#190 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:18 PM

I really hated that FTR had to share a ring with Orange Cassidy. I know some people get a kick out of him but he's a one note gimmick that's played out. Especially when juxtaposed with FTR, who are everything that's still awesome about pro wrestling. I guess some of the "modern" guys bring out my "get off my lawn" attitude.
@primetime667083

#191 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 09:25 AM

AEW continues to fall flat when it comes to these super hardcore matches. Not everything has to be Mankind getting thrown off the Cell. But blood and guts had Guevara fall gracefully onto an obvious 10 foot tall stack of boxes and air bags that was supposed to be “the timekeepers table”. This week JAS was locked in a shark cage so they couldn’t interfere, but someone got the key to let them out. And it didn’t work, so the guys just slip through the bars of the cage to get out. Just laughable, facepalm stuff.

They have the best wrestling on TV, but when it comes to booking something as “blood” “deathmatch” “unsanctioned”, they screw it up every time.
@BSLMikeRandall

#192 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 July 2022 - 01:32 PM

I think both companies have problems.  I tune in and out of both.  The WWE, IMO does not have enough wrestlers, but the real problem is their story lines.  There stale, constantly repeated and at times beyong dumb.  I really thought NXT at one time was the best wrestling show on TV.  Now it is awful.Vince got involved, gifted AEW talent and just ruined the show.

AEW may have too many performers and at times their story lines to me are boring.  

The issue may be that there is just too much wrestling on TV.

@mikeghg

#193 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 02:20 PM

I think both companies have problems. I tune in and out of both. The WWE, IMO does not have enough wrestlers, but the real problem is their story lines. There stale, constantly repeated and at times beyong dumb. I really thought NXT at one time was the best wrestling show on TV. Now it is awful.Vince got involved, gifted AEW talent and just ruined the show.
AEW may have too many performers and at times their story lines to me are boring.

The issue may be that there is just too much wrestling on TV.

I’m not a Roman Reigns guy, so since he’s like Bruno Sammartino right now, I’m pretty much out. Further, when I hear he and Brock are running it back for like the 3rd last time, I’m even further out. Did Cena come back? When’s the last time he won a match? He comes in. Cuts promos for two months. Loses, gone for 10 months. Repeat. They really don’t have anyone else they can do a story with Reigns with?

Finn Balor got hurt winning the Universal Title, gave it up the next night. Hasn’t had anything close to a shot since (or maybe had one title match he definitely wasn’t winning). That was like 6 years ago. Know he went back to NXT for sometime.

Merging NXT as a third brand, then rebranding it back to a developmental territory did no one any favors. They were pushing so many great guys who they just disposed of. Johnny Gargano, they just didn’t renew his contract. Karrion Kross was supposed to be this big deal and his first appearance on Raw I think he got squashed, never saw him again. Tomaso Ciampa. Keith Lee, Alister Black, list goes on.

I like to check in leading up to Royal Rumble and WM season. But have been disappointed.

AEW has more flaws than ever now. Too many belts. Too many wrestlers. Too many people that can’t cut promos trying to cut promos. Production issues. Too many gimmicks that don’t make sense. Orange Cassidy has a funny gimmick that is now past stale, but it makes no sense to have him/that go 15 minutes with Wardlow who is booked like new Goldberg. Killed any momentum you had with Wardlow.

I love Moxley but the interim championship thing is dumb. Make Punk give it up, or don’t.

TL:DR

Both promotions are bad at booking right now.
@BSLMikeRandall

#194 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 02:28 PM

Not to mention JR needs to hang it up as an announcer. He’s the goat, but it’s time. Worse than Jordan on the Wizards time.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#195 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 November 2022 - 07:26 AM

AEW was back at UMBC's arena last night.  Jericho was cutting a promo and said he would also whoop Lamar's ( who was at ring side) ass  :lol:

• Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#196 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:36 AM

Not to mention JR needs to hang it up as an announcer. He’s the goat, but it’s time. Worse than Jordan on the Wizards time.

JR lost his zeal for the broadcast.  He hasn't been the same since his wife was killed in the car accident and I seem to remember good old JR has a eye problem, that has reduced his sight in one eye.

@mikeghg

#197 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:39 AM

AEW was back at UMBC's arena last night.  Jericho was cutting a promo and said he would also whoop Lamar's ( who was at ring side) ass  :lol:

Chants of MVP rang out when LJ came into the building.    LJ also went backstage and had some fun.

https://nypost.com/2...baltimore-show/

@mikeghg

#198 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:37 PM

I'm glad they put the respective belts on MJF and Hayter.

On the other hand, not having FTR on the pay per view is a travesty. They're the best tag team in the business right now and they've been buried in AEW. It's clear that the Young Bucks can't do business and that they're threatened by a superior team.

@primetime667083

#199 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:05 PM

I'm glad they put the respective belts on MJF and Hayter.

On the other hand, not having FTR on the pay per view is a travesty. They're the best tag team in the business right now and they've been buried in AEW. It's clear that the Young Bucks can't do business and that they're threatened by a superior team.

I thought the MJF/Mox match was extremely predictable, and I love Moxley, so I kinda hated it. MJF hasn’t been around long enough to be this “cool” heel. Like Piper, Flair, etc… He needs to ramp up the despicable even more so now as the champ.

I don’t like the Interim Champion thing.

The Bucks do some cool things but the rules of wrestling never apply in their matches. I’m definitely not looking forward to six more Elite vs. Death Triangle matches in a row. Whose bright idea was that? How do they keep it interesting?

It does look like a reset of sorts after the PPV which AEW really needs. It’s been getting stale lately.
@BSLMikeRandall

#200 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 December 2022 - 05:15 PM

I thought the MJF/Mox match was extremely predictable, and I love Moxley, so I kinda hated it. MJF hasn’t been around long enough to be this “cool” heel. Like Piper, Flair, etc… He needs to ramp up the despicable even more so now as the champ.

I don’t like the Interim Champion thing.

The Bucks do some cool things but the rules of wrestling never apply in their matches. I’m definitely not looking forward to six more Elite vs. Death Triangle matches in a row. Whose bright idea was that? How do they keep it interesting?

It does look like a reset of sorts after the PPV which AEW really needs. It’s been getting stale lately.

Outside of MJF, AEW has been tough to watch lately. The problem that they're going to have is who is in line to challenge MJF? I guess they're building Ricky Starks, who I do like but he needs to be featured a bit more, IMO. Outside of Starks, who else can they program with MJF? I know you like Mox but I think he's limited and he's been a little over exposed lately. Hangman Page has no oomph and his first title run was a flop. Do they even have any top babyfaces?

I'm really tired of all of the Jericho stuff. This vanity project of his with the ROH belt is a little ridiculous. Whether it's bringing Colt Cabana out of storage to screw with Punk or standing in the middle of the ring having a slap fight with a Japanese wrestler that I don't care about, I'm just tired of it. And it's frustrating because I was a huge Jericho fan but what's going on with him the last couple of years has really soured me on him.

As far as the Elite vs the Bermuda Triangle, it's obviously the EVP's idea because they know the Lucha Brothers will go out and do choreography with them. I know that you're a big Omega fan, he's not my cup of tea but he's alright. I'd rather see him working singles matches than being a part of this shit show. Just be prepared for 4 more weeks of copious super kicks, no selling, Rick Knox looking feckless and when all is said and done, the EVPs will get their Trios titles back.

• Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=