128 replies to this topic

#61 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:26 AM

Have you played all or most of the games from the Instant Game collection? Mostly good ones in there. I still havent played RE7 or the Crash trilogy. Will give Days Gone and Fallout 4 a shot too.

Not all of them so will definitely download some. Never played a Souls game before so even though I’m 99% it’s not for me I’ll try Bloodborn.

#62 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:48 AM

Since you brought that up I’m downloading Days Gone, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, and Detroit Become Human. I’ll at least give each of them a shot before Cyberpunk comes out.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#63 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:05 AM

I haven't played Bloodborne either. I've meant to try it out but just haven't got around to doing it. I'm usually up for a challenge but I've never been into the fantasy RPG type games. That said, Ive heard that some people who generally don't like these types of games enjoyed it. I also try to give the very well received games a try and Bloodborne is considered one of the best of the generation.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#64 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:18 AM

Not all of them so will definitely download some. Never played a Souls game before so even though I’m 99% it’s not for me I’ll try Bloodborn.

My intro to the style was Jedi Fallen Order.  Interested to see how one plays from the original makers.

Honestly what's holding me back is, constant death (particularly from some of the janky crap that seems to be present in From's product) is not a good way for me to relax and have fun.  And the attitude of the community is so toxic too, with all the "git gud" nonsense.  Not playing Souls games doesn't mean I'm not a real gamer.

• BobPhelan likes this

#65 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:27 AM

Since there was finally a significant price drop on The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima I'll pick them up and try to play them before the year is out.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#66 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:35 AM

I just snagged Ghost of Tsushima off Amazon.  They don't have the best Black Friday price on The Last of Us 2 though.

#67 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

While Im on the gaming kick. I know Im two years late here but what was your overall thoughts on Red Dead 2. Interesting thing has happened with me. I picked it up when it came out and played it for a few weeks. I genuinely liked it but once I stopped playing it I never had a desire to jump back in. I always knew I would play it again but it took 2 years for that to happen. Started it all over again back in October. Was obsessed with it for about a week. Played it every day. Got into Chapter 3. Took a few days off and now its been about a month since Ive played. Again, know I'll go back to it but no real desire to do so right now. Maybe its because its so immersive and there is so much to do but I've never done this with a game before. Taken so long off on a game I enjoyed. Especially one that is building such a great story.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#68 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:18 AM

It was an excellent game.  Much more mature and slower paced than I'd expect to see from Rockstar, and super immersive.  They did a really good job fleshing out their characters.

#69 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:51 PM

I haven’t played it. I think it’s on Game Pass (or was) so I’m tempted to dive in but there always seems to be something that interests me more whenever I get close to diving in.

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:03 PM

While Im on the gaming kick. I know Im two years late here but what was your overall thoughts on Red Dead 2. Interesting thing has happened with me. I picked it up when it came out and played it for a few weeks. I genuinely liked it but once I stopped playing it I never had a desire to jump back in. I always knew I would play it again but it took 2 years for that to happen. Started it all over again back in October. Was obsessed with it for about a week. Played it every day. Got into Chapter 3. Took a few days off and now its been about a month since Ive played. Again, know I'll go back to it but no real desire to do so right now. Maybe its because its so immersive and there is so much to do but I've never done this with a game before. Taken so long off on a game I enjoyed. Especially one that is building such a great story.

Same exact thing for me. Love it, but just not ready to get back into it. I think I'm saving it for a rainy day or something. Playing it on PC though. I don't own a PS, but will get the PS5 because I like some of the exclusive titles, particularly GoT.

#71 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

I end up going down the same road in games like Red Dead and GTA. I'll get into it, do a few missions. Make it to camp, or a new base. End up looking over all the mundane details of every little thing. Before I know it, 12 hours have passed, and my game progression is like 0.001%. I literally played poker on Red Dead for 4 hours once. I kinda hated myself afterwards.

That said, one day I will jump back in and just try to fly through the missions and forget the side crap and at least finish the story. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#72 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:39 PM

Thats the thing. Im enjoying Red Dead being a slow burn. Enjoy the side missions. Enjoy exploring the world. That said, once I put it down for a few days I've found it hard to jump back in. Just a bit weird. Im the one person who's never played GTA 5. Maybe it'll be the same type of expierence. For what its worth, I played straight through Red Dead 1 and GTA 4. No significant time off to complete either.

#73 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:19 PM

Since you brought that up I’m downloading Days Gone, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, and Detroit Become Human. I’ll at least give each of them a shot before Cyberpunk comes out.

Cyberpunk seems to be a disaster.

#74 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

Just on the older systems.

Seems like they built it to run on PS5, XBX and PC, and then had to backward engineer it a bit to work with XB1 and PS4 (which is generally backwards from how they usually do things). Because of that there's a LOT of glitches and graphical debacles going on, especially on the Xbox side.

• Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#75 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:37 PM

Just on the older systems.

Seems like they built it to run on PS5, XBX and PC, and then had to backward engineer it a bit to work with XB1 and PS4 (which is generally backwards from how they usually do things). Because of that there's a LOT of glitches and graphical debacles going on, especially on the Xbox side.

Ive heard there are still some issues on the newer systems too but yeah mostly PS4 and XBox One. Still, as bad as it is and with the developer knowing how bad it was it should have never been sold on those consoles. They tried to cover it up too in the days and weeks leading up to release. Giving refunds apparently but still shady as F.

#76 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:43 PM

Ive heard there are still some issues on the newer systems too but yeah mostly PS4 and XBox One. Still, as bad as it is and with the developer knowing how bad it was it should have never been sold on those consoles. They tried to cover it up too in the days and weeks leading up to release. Giving refunds apparently but still shady as F.

Yeah I read today it was bad enough that they have like two more major patches coming and then said they are offering full refunds for older console owners if they still aren't happy after those.

@JeremyMStrain

#77 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:01 PM

I cancelled my pre-order when I saw the reviews and that they could only review it on PC. Bought the new Call of Duty instead. I’ll wait for the next gen patch and all the bugs to be fixed and then I’ll get it.

#78 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:07 PM

I cancelled my pre-order when I saw the reviews and that they could only review it on PC. Bought the new Call of Duty instead. I’ll wait for the next gen patch and all the bugs to be fixed and then I’ll get it.

You get a chance to play any of those games you were going to download from the Instant Game collection. If so, your thoughts.

#79 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:46 PM

You get a chance to play any of those games you were going to download from the Instant Game collection. If so, your thoughts.

Only messed around with Bloodborne for a little bit. I can see the appeal but my hunch was right that it’s not a genre for me. Too hard haha. I’m not a gamer who enjoys being frustrated by a challenge.

The Last Guardian is really cool, first Team Ico game I’ve played. Very original. I look forward to playing their next game when it comes out.

Downloaded Days Gone and Detroit, still planning on trying them out.

Haven is a new game available on Game Pass and it’s pretty much the video game version of the comic book Saga, which is a good thing.

#80 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:47 PM

I've had a few bugs with like items getting stuck in place, UI stuff not disappearing properly, but nothing worse than your typical Bethesda game.  And I'm running it on a 6 year old graphics card.

I really liked Cyberpunk 2077, but it's too short and has some poor game design decisions (you don't get anywhere near enough cash to enjoy the cybernetic aspect without effort).  CDPR does a good job with story, so that core thread is well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=