• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

Ghost of Tsushima is a masterpiece. I haven't had a game hit me that hard since Red Dead Redemption 2.

Is it on sale this week? If it is I might login and buy it and add it to my backlog.
@JeremyMStrain

#102 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 10:53 AM

Is it on sale this week? If it is I might login and buy it and add it to my backlog.

Its $40 on the psn store through the 19th. I'll probably wait for it to drop to $30. Finally picked up The Last of Us 2 for $30. Looking forward to playing it.
  • JeremyStrain and BobPhelan like this

#103 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:27 PM

Its $40 on the psn store through the 19th. I'll probably wait for it to drop to $30. Finally picked up The Last of Us 2 for $30. Looking forward to playing it.

Ah yeah I’ll probably do the same. I got Last of us 2 for $18 (had it on GameFly and then just kept it when the price dropped). That and SpiderMan currently make up my backlog on PS4.
@JeremyMStrain

#104 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:29 PM

I know this is the PS5 thread but if you have a Switch or PC Hades is a must buy. I’m typically not a fan of rogue-likes but this is easily one of the best games of the year. I have another game or two I want to try and then I can make my top 5/10 list.

#105 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:23 PM

Im gonna give Bloodborne a shot next. I enjoy a challenge but it really does depend on how hard it is. Also, the backtracking when you die to regain souls before you battle again seems tedious.

Gave it a shot for about an hour. Kicked my ass. I dont give up easily. Will read guide or at least try to pick up some tips but damn was that overwhelming the first time through. Didnt even make it to a boss so if things dont improve relatively quickly next time Im out.

#106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:37 PM

Gave it a shot for about an hour. Kicked my ass. I dont give up easily. Will read guide or at least try to pick up some tips but damn was that overwhelming the first time through. Didnt even make it to a boss so if things dont improve relatively quickly next time Im out.

Just sink into Ghost of Tsushima for a few months and enjoy yourself. It's a masterpiece. I'll leave some open spots in my DM so you can thank me in the future.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:10 PM

Just sink into Ghost of Tsushima for a few months and enjoy yourself. It's a masterpiece. I'll leave some open spots in my DM so you can thank me in the future.

Just booted it back up for 30 min and did much better without even reading any guides. Getting the hang of it. That said, I think Im gonna have to be in the right mood to grind and lock in (weird saying that about a damn game).

Ghosts and The Last of Us 2 are next up. Really the only two games I feel I have to play before moving on to PS5. Well and finishing off Red Dead 2.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:21 PM

Just booted it back up for 30 min and did much better without even reading any guides. Getting the hang of it. That said, I think Im gonna have to be in the right mood to grind and lock in (weird saying that about a damn game).

Ghosts and The Last of Us 2 are next up. Really the only two games I feel I have to play before moving on to PS5. Well and finishing off Red Dead 2.

I'm in the same boat these days - have to be in the right mood/place to really get into it. Love all 3 of those. I'm grinding through RDR2 now, and savoring Ghosts so I am pacing myself there.

#109 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:48 PM

I know the PS5 has toned down the number of buttons from the PS4, but, sometimes, it makes one think and overthink too much.

#110 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 04:23 PM

I still can't find one.

#111 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 04:58 PM

I still can't find one.

Ive pretty much given up until next holliday season. Not like Im gonna miss a ton of must have games this year. Plus, apparently there are some drift issues with some of the controllers. Let them get all that worked out.

#112 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 07:00 PM

I'm in the same boat these days - have to be in the right mood/place to really get into it. Love all 3 of those. I'm grinding through RDR2 now, and savoring Ghosts so I am pacing myself there.

I just started Ghosts right before tax season really kicked off, so it's kinda chillin' and waiting for me. I think the only thing I've really played lately is Golden Tee, cause that just lets me destress for some reason.

I'm strangely fixated on getting an NBA JAM arcade game right now, and then I heard a rumor Killer Instinct is getting one in a couple months and that would be a must have for me too.

@JeremyMStrain

#113 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 March 2021 - 08:04 PM

The Final Fantasy 7 Remake is free on PS+ this month so I’m gonna give that a shot. I’ve heard great things but it wasn’t something I wanted to spend $60 on.
  • DuffMan and Dupin like this

#114 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:59 AM

Target has them in stock right now.  

Edit:  They are gone

#115 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:46 AM

Just snagged one for my daughter.  Her birthday was in March.  She asked if she could skip a party (and opt for the small family one instead) in the hopes of a bigger present.  She's 11 now so she knows how things work.  I followed this one twitter page that notified me immediately when they were available at various places.  Snagged one today on Amazon of all places.  Went for a short run while the kids were elearning, came back and sat down and was dripping sweat when the notification popped up.   Tried on my phone with no luck, tried on my laptop and was successful.  At this point it's going to be a bday/elementary school graduation present.  I'm not going to tell her, it's supposed to come on Saturday so I plan on just letting her open the package and be surprised.

• You Play to Win the Game, JeremyStrain, BobPhelan and 2 others like this

#116 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:09 AM

Console is in transit, hopefully some delivery driver doesn't swipe it.

#117 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:37 AM

Console is in transit, hopefully some delivery driver doesn't swipe it.

You're good at this point bud, don't worry about it.

Which Twitter page did you follow? I follow a couple, still haven't been able to score one for my brother.

Happy for you and your daughter. I'm sure she'll be shocked. That's awesome!
  • DuffMan likes this

#118 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:39 AM

Which Twitter page did you follow? I follow a couple, still haven't been able to score one for my brother.

Yeah let me know which twitter page. Though Im still seriously contemplating a series x. Did you get a series x Chris?

#119 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:40 AM

Yeah let me know which twitter page. Though Im still seriously contemplating a series x. Did you get a series x Chris?

I did, and the PS5. Haven't even touched the X in a couple months thanks to Ghost and The Show. It's really nice though. I was playing Call of Duty a little bit and it's impressive.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#120 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

Happy for you and your daughter. I'm sure she'll be shocked. That's awesome!

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

It's this guy Matt Swider, make sure you sign up for the notifications because if you don't see them when they post immediately you stand almost no chance.  I had come close a few times prior to this with several of the other PS5 drops through Sony Direct,  Target and Bestbuy but missed out (sometimes I even had them in the cart).   It's funny because a month or two ago Swider had the scoop on Amazon.  Supposedly Amazon had like almost 50k consoles sitting in warehouses, the thought was they would be releasing them at some point shortly thereafter but it never happened.  After so long without it dropping they weren't sure if/when it would show up.  If I hadn't been following this page there's no way I would  have gotten it. 

She has no clue I snagged it this time so I'm really excited to see her flip out.  I've been impressed with her patience.  She knows it's tough, so she hasn't even asked that often about it.  I've told her sometimes when I've been close just so she knew I was still working on it.  

• You Play to Win the Game and TwentyThirtyFive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=