#101 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:05 PM

Yeah but that's why they got Locksley. He was the one stealing local talent for Alabama. Franklin was stealing it for a while, he's also been big in this area, and it's where MD screwed up before going for coaches, but not recruiters.

This year, and really 2022 were the big ones to see cause that's when he's had enough time to get guys that were completely uncommitted to places. Locks tweeted something out this morning kinda cryptic talking about '22 so something tells me next year's class is going to be a big one.

Obviously Locksley has it going in the right direction. He is making it difficult for the big schools to just come in state and take what they want and leave the rest for Maryland.  This class is great to see.  I expect the best is yet to come.  .  

• JeremyStrain likes this
@mikeghg

#102 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:47 PM

The only thing missing from this class is a QB. Barring a late addition, it'll be the second straight class without one.

#103 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:07 AM

The only thing missing from this class is a QB. Barring a late addition, it'll be the second straight class without one.

We talked about it on the latest episode of Talking Terps last night, QB and OL will be the two biggest focuses of the 2022 class. But Locksley is expected to add at least one from the transfer portal before next season.
@BSLZackKiesel

#104 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:19 AM

We talked about it on the latest episode of Talking Terps last night, QB and OL will be the two biggest focuses of the 2022 class. But Locksley is expected to add at least one from the transfer portal before next season.

Given the Terps QB history, one is a must, maybe 2 from the portal.

@mikeghg

#105 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:28 PM

5-star LB Terrence Lewis (Opa Locka, FL) has narrowed his final two schools to Tennessee and Maryland. He's the #1 ILB in the 2021 recruiting cycle and was widely expected to commit to Auburn, but Gus Malzahn's firing seems to have changed things. He decommitted from Tennessee two weeks ago and the Terps weren't even thought to be on his radar, but defensive line coach Brian Williams has roots in South Florida and seems to have developed a relationship with him.

He'll be making his final decision on January 2nd.

Lewis is wearing a Maryland sticker on his helmet in Miami Central High School's 6A State Championship game against Lake Minneola High School today.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:30 PM

Lewis is wearing a Maryland sticker on his helmet in Miami Central High School's 6A State Championship game against Lake Minneola High School today.

Wow... that would be huge.  All of that DL / LB talent.  Things could get fun!

#107 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:18 PM

Wow... that would be huge.  All of that DL / LB talent.  Things could get fun!

Apparently he'll be signing his LOI after the game today, but won't be announcing until January 2nd live on NBC. Wherever he's headed, he'll be enrolling early and participating in spring practice.

If he chooses Maryland, he'll be the team's highest-ranked recruit since Stefon Diggs in 2011.

• JeremyStrain likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#108 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:40 PM

Apparently he'll be signing his LOI after the game today, but won't be announcing until January 2nd live on NBC. Wherever he's headed, he'll be enrolling early and participating in spring practice.

If he chooses Maryland, he'll be the team's highest-ranked recruit since Stefon Diggs in 2011.

I mean going from Miami area to Maryland area worked out for Ray Lewis. I was hoping they stole him, I've been saying since they hired Locks, give him some time to work his magic, it looks like it's really working.

The one that everyone is wondering about is the 5-star DC kid that went to OK, but with QB you also have to consider fit, scheme, surrounding players, so I always look at their choices as being more complex, and why more transfer.

@JeremyMStrain

#109 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 05:29 PM

I'd say things are looking pretty good on this front...

https://twitter.com/...1751603200?s=20

Lewis is expected to sign tonight but not announce until Jan. 2. He is between Maryland and Tennessee. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I would say that tweet bodes well for the Terps.

#110 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,134 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

Smells like a HS kid trolling.
  • Mackus likes this

#111 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:28 PM

Biggest targets still out there for Maryland:

• 5-star LB Terrence Lewis (Opa Locka, FL)
  • 4-star ATH Titus Mokiao-Atimalala (Ewa Beach, HI)
  • 4-star ATH Charles Montgomery (Valrico, FL) -- Committed to Florida
  • 3-star T Austin Barber (Jacksonville, FL)
  • 3-star T Austin Uke (Dallas, TX)
  • 3-star C Michael Myslinski (Jacksonville, FL)
  • 3-star CB Phillip O'Brien, Jr. (Deerfield Beach, FL) -- Committed to Auburn

Montgomery officially decommitted from Florida tonight. Joker Phillips is leading his recruitment for Maryland.

@BSLZackKiesel

#112 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 12:21 PM

Balt Sun: ‘I’ve always wanted to go to Maryland’: Terps lock in half-dozen Baltimore-area football recruits
https://www.baltimor...l3ye-story.html

#113 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 December 2020 - 03:03 PM

I'd say things are looking pretty good on this front...
https://twitter.com/...1751603200?s=20

Lewis is expected to sign tonight but not announce until Jan. 2. He is between Maryland and Tennessee. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I would say that tweet bodes well for the Terps.

Lewis will now be choosing between Maryland and Miami on Saturday. Things have shifted fairly dramatically and he’s now expected to choose the Hurricanes.
@BSLZackKiesel

#114 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

OL Tommy Varhall will be joining the team as a preferred walk-on. He’s a 6’8”, 325 lb. recruit from the IMG Academy in Florida and will be a fourth generation Terrapin.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#115 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:50 AM

Terrence Lewis announces today live on NBC somewhere between 3-5 PM. While Miami is the favorite here, there’s still a chance he pulls an upset and chooses Maryland.
@BSLZackKiesel

#116 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,830 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:41 AM

No disrespect, but I have no idea how anybody can follow these recruits and the subterfuge and mystery show that they turn it into. Basketball isn't as bad, and commitments mean something, but football is ludicrous.

I follow and am interested in some really esoteric stuff that others don't understand at all, so no judgements towards those that live and breathe this stuff.

#117 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

No disrespect, but I have no idea how anybody can follow these recruits and the subterfuge and mystery show that they turn it into. Basketball isn't as bad, and commitments mean something, but football is ludicrous.

I follow and am interested in some really esoteric stuff that others don't understand at all, so no judgements towards those that live and breathe this stuff.

You just have to learn to block out the drama and not take what these kids say too literally. Recruiting is how you build a program, so if you're going to be a fan it's hard to just ignore recruiting. End of the day, you want the best prospects you can get, but more importantly you want players that want to be on your team.

And whatever you do, just don't look at their Twitter feeds....that's a rabbit hole you never want to go down. Let the "recruiting analysts" deal with that and the other mixed messaging, then read what they try to decipher from it if you want. These people who go off on the kids on social media because they didn't choose their school need to step back and do some serious self-examination.

#118 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:49 PM

Terrence Lewis announces today live on NBC somewhere between 3-5 PM. While Miami is the favorite here, there’s still a chance he pulls an upset and chooses Maryland.

The 24x7 crew seem to be heavily leaning on him picking MD now, though none of them have a great degree of confidence in their choice.

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#119 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

He selects Maryland, huge!

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#120 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

Highest rated recruit since Diggs. 4th highest in MD history per 24x7 rankings (which go back to around 2001).

His addition to the class bumps them up one spot to #18 nationally (they jumped Ole Miss) and 4th in the Big Ten.

• ShoNuff07 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=