#61 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:44 PM

Can't blame anyone choosing the school that's produced two of the last three Heisman winners over Maryland

#62 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:15 AM

I just hope Caleb is given a fair shot without battling QBs that transfer from other programs, like the past 3 QBs that starred at Oklahoma.

#63 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

Good Luck to Caleb,  He made the choice that he thinks sets him up for his life in football.  Congrats and the best of luck.

@mikeghg

#64 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:38 AM

And great effort by Locks and gang.  They came late the party in regards to the Williams recruiting and got down to them and 2 power houses.  If Maryland begins to show better results on the field, they will be better suited to get the future Williams type recruits.

@mikeghg

#65 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

4-star DeMatha LB Greg Penn III committed to LSU this afternoon. He had been trending towards Maryland last week, but ultimately stuck with his top choice. He's ranked as the 10th-best player in the state of Maryland, and the 9th-best inside linebacker in the country. Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee were also among his top choices.

@BSLZackKiesel

#66 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

4-star DeMatha LB Greg Penn III committed to LSU this afternoon. He had been trending towards Maryland last week, but ultimately stuck with his top choice. He's ranked as the 10th-best player in the state of Maryland, and the 9th-best inside linebacker in the country. Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee were also among his top choices.

It is hard to say no to the National Champs.

@mikeghg

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

IMS: https://247sports.co...tm_content=Link

Maryland football ended a quiet stretch on the recruiting trail Saturday with a commitment from Florida defensive back Corey Coley Jr.

The Terps' first commitment since June 1, Coley ranks as a three-star prospect, the No. 57 safety and the No. 740 player in the nation for the class of 2021, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He chose Maryland over a long list of Power Conference offers, including LSU, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Florida.

#68 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:53 AM

Saw this rumor in the Testudo Times comment section, so take it with a grain of salt. But apparently there's talk of 4-star DT Marcus Bradley decommitting in the near future. No word on whether 4-star JACK Demeioun Robinson would be joining him, but hopefully this just remains a rumor.

@BSLZackKiesel

#69 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:07 PM

Saw this rumor in the Testudo Times comment section, so take it with a grain of salt. But apparently there's talk of 4-star DT Marcus Bradley decommitting in the near future. No word on whether 4-star JACK Demeioun Robinson would be joining him, but hopefully this just remains a rumor.

No longer just a rumor. Bradley has officially decommitted. Major loss for the program, and just have to hope there isn't a ripple effect.

@BSLZackKiesel

#70 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:40 PM

No longer just a rumor. Bradley has officially decommitted. Major loss for the program, and just have to hope there isn't a ripple effect.

Good News does not seem to last long in Terp Land.

@mikeghg

#71 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:54 PM

Jeff Ermann reporting that he decommitted due to concerns with how he'd fit in Jon Hoke's 3-4 defense. Pretty odd reasoning considering that he seems to fit perfectly as a 5-technique. And since very few colleges two-gap their nose tackle, everyone is running Under fronts whether you call it a 3-4 or a 4-3.

@BSLZackKiesel

#72 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:40 PM

Locksley tweeted out his bat-signal yesterday. Haven't heard any solid names yet though.

https://twitter.com/...575698543767559

#73 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 08:44 AM

Locksley tweeted out his bat-signal yesterday. Haven't heard any solid names yet though.

https://twitter.com/...575698543767559

Saw somewhere it might be a 2022 pickup, not sure though.

@BSLZackKiesel

#74 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:04 PM

Jeff Ermann reporting that he decommitted due to concerns with how he'd fit in Jon Hoke's 3-4 defense. Pretty odd reasoning considering that he seems to fit perfectly as a 5-technique. And since very few colleges two-gap their nose tackle, everyone is running Under fronts whether you call it a 3-4 or a 4-3.

Read something quick lately that said he was worried about the fit, and the guys on the roster with him. Like he was less sure he was going to be able to be THE guy over them and didn't like the idea of shifting around depending on the look that down. I guess that is a good case for how good the guys we have are? I dunno.

@JeremyMStrain

#75 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

Read something quick lately that said he was worried about the fit, and the guys on the roster with him. Like he was less sure he was going to be able to be THE guy over them and didn't like the idea of shifting around depending on the look that down. I guess that is a good case for how good the guys we have are? I dunno.

The whole thing is very odd to me. He would've had a clear path to be a day-one rotational player at the very least, if not a starter. And shifting around and playing multiple spots on the line ought to be a positive for his development, not a negative. Apparently there's still a decent chance he winds up here when all's said and done, so who knows.

@BSLZackKiesel

#76 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

The whole thing is very odd to me. He would've had a clear path to be a day-one rotational player at the very least, if not a starter. And shifting around and playing multiple spots on the line ought to be a positive for his development, not a negative. Apparently there's still a decent chance he winds up here when all's said and done, so who knows.

Yeah that's why I clicked whatever link it was and read it, seemed a little weird to me too, not like it's a stacked position here, or we pulled off some other 4 star lately or something. I wanna say it was on 247 but I can't remember. It was on my phone, you know how that goes.

Either he's just REALLY set in what he is willing to do (which would then be a plus for us to get rid of a primadonna) or he saw something he didn't like. Just wish I knew what.

@JeremyMStrain

#77 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:53 PM

3-star JACK George Wilson, Jr. (Virginia Beach, VA) just decommitted from South Carolina. Maryland's been on him for a little while, so definitely a guy to keep an eye on as we move towards National Signing Day.

@BSLZackKiesel

#78 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:45 PM

Maryland has been working hard to flip 3-star DT Andre Porter (Washington, PA) from Boston College, and it sounds like he may make it official sooner rather than later. He has ties to the area, having played at Ballou High School in Washington, DC before transferring to Washington High School in Pennsylvania. If he does flip to the Terps, they'd be stealing him away from former assistant Aazar Abdul-Rahim who's been recruiting him for the Eagles.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#79 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:45 PM

Maryland has been working hard to flip 3-star DT Andre Porter (Washington, PA) from Boston College, and it sounds like he may make it official sooner rather than later. He has ties to the area, having played at Ballou High School in Washington, DC before transferring to Washington High School in Pennsylvania. If he does flip to the Terps, they'd be stealing him away from former assistant Aazar Abdul-Rahim who's been recruiting him for the Eagles.

Porter officially decommitted from Boston College today.
@BSLZackKiesel

#80 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:10 PM

Porter officially decommitted from Boston College today.

And he officially committed to Maryland today. Nice pickup for Locksley and his coaching staff.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=