2018-19 Baltimore & D.C. Metro Areas Basketball Thread

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#381 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

So, best out of 7 series... how do you things would go? 

Baltimore County: Ryan Conway (Dulaney), Che Evans (Dulaney), John Godinez (Parkville), Andrew Mills (New Town), &  Martaz Robinson (New Town)  

vs: 

Baltimore City: Marvin Price (Patterson), Gerard Mungo (Patterson), Rahim Ali (Poly) , Justin Lewis (Poly), Brandon Murray (Poly) & Marcus Hocker (Edmondson)

vs: 

Private:  Ace Baldwin (St. Frances), RJ Blakney (Gorretti), James Bishop (MSJ), Cameron Spencer (Boys Latin) & either Jalen Rucker (Gilman) or Ausar Crawley (MSJ).

Was that the Blakney you guys were talking about?

That’s the Blakney they’re speaking on. But Justin Lewis is by far the best player on Poly’s team and probably the area. I don’t know anything about the Hocker kid.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#382 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:00 PM

Brandon Murray lol Lewis the best player they have and I’m taking Harried over Mungo
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#383 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

That’s the Blakney they’re speaking on. But Justin Lewis is by far the best player on Poly’s team and probably the area. I don’t know anything about the Hocker kid.

That was my fault. Genius had mentioned him, I had mistakenly left him off when relisting. 

#384 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:34 AM

The Alhambra Tournament in Cumberland has announced seven of the eight teams for the field this year so far. The Baltimore schools are SFA, MSJ, and Goretti. Really no surprises as there is such a drop off from the top three in the BCL. Other schools announced so far are the usual from the WCAC DeMatha, Gonzaga, Paul VI, and of course the host school Bishop Walsh. 

• TheGuru likes this

#385 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

I think you will be eating your words about that when it comes to Winbourne. He’s a high D1 prospect, who could be the top prospect in the area his senior year. Don’t see him staying at Gilman with that coach.

I thought kids went to Gilman for the life long connections.

#386 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

I thought kids went to Gilman for the life long connections.

They do!! Doesn’t mean they want to stay there with a horrible coach, and/or experience. You wouldn’t know anything about that, living in the armpit of America. You were probably happy doing your weekly cow tipping excursions.

#387 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

They do!! Doesn’t mean they want to stay there with a horrible coach, and/or experience. You wouldn’t know anything about that, living in the armpit of America. You were probably happy doing your weekly cow tipping excursions.

I’ll take my cow tipping Town over your land of make believe everyday.

#388 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:23 PM

I think you will be eating your words about that when it comes to Winbourne. He’s a high D1 prospect, who could be the top prospect in the area his senior year. Don’t see him staying at Gilman with that coach.

Calvert Hall will take Winbourne and coach him up. Put a word in for the Hall. The best freshman I saw the season on the varsity level in the MIAA was Everett Cooper. I wasn’t impressed by Antonion Hamlin, Carlos Alexander and Winbourne after only seeing them once.

The best freshmen that I saw on the JV level were Josh Brice (CHC) and Adam Walden (SFA). Brice could have been the 4th guard on the CHC varsity after Logan Curtis, Jaylin Raikes and Terrence Henderson but I guess Coach Hasson wanted him to get lots of minutes on the JV. Walden showed me so much upside and with good coaching he will be a force by his Jr season. The best public school freshmen I saw was Sammy Scott of City College.

#389 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Calvert Hall will take Winbourne and coach him up. Put a word in for the Hall. The best freshman I saw the season on the varsity level in the MIAA was Everett Cooper. I wasn’t impressed by Antonion Hamlin, Carlos Alexander and Winbourne after only seeing them once.
The best freshmen that I saw on the JV level were Josh Brice (CHC) and Adam Walden (SFA). Brice could have been the 4th guard on the CHC varsity after Logan Curtis, Jaylin Raikes and Terrence Henderson but I guess Coach Hasson wanted him to get lots of minutes on the JV. Walden showed me so much upside and with good coaching he will be a force by his Jr season. The best public school freshmen I saw was Sammy Scott of City College.

Gilman has a great JV player in Jaylin Marshall. Should have been on Varsity, wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves as well. Winbourne has been at Gilman for a while, so he probably will stay, at least that’s what I’m hoping. You will see this summer what he does, he killed Cooper when they played McDonogh. His injury put him a little back but happy it wasn’t season ending.

#390 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

Best freshman I've seen is Brice Lindsay of Poly

#391 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

The Alhambra Tournament in Cumberland has announced seven of the eight teams for the field this year so far. The Baltimore schools are SFA, MSJ, and Goretti. Really no surprises as there is such a drop off from the top three in the BCL. Other schools announced so far are the usual from the WCAC DeMatha, Gonzaga, Paul VI, and of course the host school Bishop Walsh.

I checked out the ACIT website today and saw that the matchups aren’t set yet. Why is that?
  • loco09 likes this

#392 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Balt Sun: No. 1 Patterson, No. 6 Edmondson to battle for Baltimore City boys basketball title

#393 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

ACIT hasn't announced the entire field and once they do it usually takes about a week to set the matchups, obviously they try to avoid matching bmore vs bmore in the first round. They should have the pairings set by next week. Should be a really competitive tournament this year.

#394 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

SFA 19 BL 6 End of 1Q

#395 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

SFA 42 BL 19 At the Half

SFA’s stifling defense and bullseye shooting from 3-pt range has the Lakers facing a total blowout in the second half. Cam Spencer had no answer for the Panthers help defense in the 1st. half. Hopefully the refs don’t bail out BL in the second half.

#396 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

SFA 64 BL 33 End of 3Q

#397 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

Final SFA 81 BL 47

Payback is a mutha. BL came out cocky and got smacked in their collective mouths. Final observation: Cam Spencer is the dirtiest HS basketball player I’ve ever seen in 42 years of watching basketball in Baltimore...bar none.

#398 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Patterson beat Edmondson 60-52 for the Baltimore city title last night at Morgan State University. Zach Blackwell led the Clippers with 16 pts and Marcus Hocker paced the Red Storm with 19.

#399 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

MIAA B-Conference Championship

Gerstell Academy 59 St. Paul’s 56 Final

#400 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

MSJ 15 SFA 9 End of 1Q
MSJ 34 SFA 28 at the half

SFA put in a 5 guard lineup, erased the halftime deficit and increased the lead to 59-52 with 4:17 left in the game. It took Pat Clatchey the entire 3rd quarter to adjust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=