2018-19 Baltimore & D.C. Metro Areas Basketball Thread

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#421 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:18 PM

Bishop is more hyped but Blakney is better. Blakney outplays him every time they are on the court together. He is a better all around player and a better team player.

Blakney has offers. I’ve never seen him play to compare the two. But he does have offers. He’s a Bmore kid, so will be rooting for him.

#422 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

Seems like Glenelg Country School beat Gilman for the Maryland Independent Schools Tournament. If McDonogh had beaten GCS in the previous game, the Eagles would have beaten your Greyhounds in the championship too. What a terrible year for a team with such promise!

Terrible year, terrible coach. Injuries played a role, but have to attribute much of it to a horrible coach. How in the world do you come in ranked the top 10 in every poll and only win 9 games? He needs to be fired.

#423 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

Terrible year for you both I’ve never seen a C Hall team that bad . Gilman team had some potential but played soft all year

#424 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:41 AM

Terrible year for you both I’ve never seen a C Hall team that bad . Gilman team had some potential but played soft all year

No way Gilman should’ve been this bad the coaching was terrible.

#425 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:45 PM

Blakney has offers. I’ve never seen him play to compare the two. But he does have offers. He’s a Bmore kid, so will be rooting for him.

You’re correct GA. He has six mid-major offers according to 24/7sports.com. PrepHoops.com writers have been commenting on the lack of offers for Blakeney all season. Glad he has options.

#426 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

I told the board after the first or second scrimmage in November that Calvert Hall was gonna be terrible. I have seen teams this bad. Teams where the coach played guys that didn’t even deserve to be varsity basketball players. If you don’t keep talents like Justin Lewis (Poly), Montez McNeil (Georgetown Day), Darius Tilghman (City College), Adam Walden (SFA) and Zaakir Williamson (Coolidge, D.C.) you wind up putting a crappy product on the floor.

#427 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

Goretti 24 SFA 18 End of 1Q

Goretti

Golek 8
Tsimbila 7
Blakeney 5

SFA

Baldwin 6
West 9

#428 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

Goretti 35 SFA 34At the Half

Goretti

Golek 8
Tsimbila 7
Blakeney 11

SFA

Baldwin 11
West 17

SFA leads Goretti in rebounding by 5, 20-15. The Panthers have also forced the Gaels into 11 turnovers. They can’t handle SFA’s pressure defense. Blakeney is as good as advertised but West is the best player in the court so far.

#429 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

With about 4 minutes left in the game Ace Baldwin scored on a finger roll over the Gaels 6’8 Center, Tsimbila. The Panthers then went on a 5 pt run to talk a 63-58 lead with 2:44 left.

#430 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:56 PM

That game was crazy.
@aka_themamba

#431 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:47 AM

Goretti gave everything they had on the court last night in the 71-68 loss to the SFA Panthers. Ace Baldwin hit a clutch 3 at the buzzer to win after Goretti had tied the score with a tough shot of their own with seconds left. Baldwin finished with 25 pts and 6 rebounds and was joined by Jamal West with 29 pts and 9 rebounds. Jordan Toles had his usual glue game and just missed a double double with 10 pts and 9 boards.

As good as SFA’s big three on the offensive side were, it was the Panthers defense that won the game. SFA held Goretti’s top scorers in check in the second half. Golek scored 6 pts, Blakeney had 6 and Tsimbila tallied 8 after half-time. SFA coach Nick Myles turned up the pressure intermittently in the first half with great success and late in the second half with the game on the line. Goretti’s guards just couldn’t handle the ball well enough with under 5 minutes to go to pull off the victory..

Next up, SFA and Goretti along with MSJ head to Cumberland for the Alhambra Catholic Invitational.

#432 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:38 AM

Ace Buddy Hield Baldwin wins it at the buzzer

#433 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament

1st Round: Thursday, March 7, 2019

Game 1: 4:00 pm
Saint Maria Goretti HS vs St. John’s College HS

Game 2: 5:45 pm
St. Frances Academy vs DeMatha Catholic HS

Game 3: 7:30 pm
Gonzaga College HS vs Bishop Walsh School

Game 4: 9:15 pm
Mt. Saint Joseph HS vs Paul VI Catholic HSl

#434 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:12 AM

Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament

1st Round: Thursday, March 7, 2019

Game 1: 4:00 pm
Saint Maria Goretti HS vs St. John’s College HS

Game 2: 5:45 pm
St. Frances Academy vs DeMatha Catholic HS

Game 3: 7:30 pm
Gonzaga College HS vs Bishop Walsh School

Game 4: 9:15 pm
Mt. Saint Joseph HS vs Paul VI Catholic HSl

Guru you know if these games are going to be streamed?

#435 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Guru you know if these games are going to be streamed?

Not Guru but yes the games are streamed by Monumental sports net. You can sign up for a free trial if you dont already subscribe i think. If you just want radio 995wdzn.com will stream all games live. 

#436 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

Not Guru but yes the games are streamed by Monumental sports net. You can sign up for a free trial if you dont already subscribe i think. If you just want radio 995wdzn.com will stream all games live.

I might be attending on Saturday this year. Depends if my son needs me to pick him up from WVU for spring break.

#437 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

DeMatha 79 St Frances 74 2OT - Panthers went without Baldwin, who hurt his leg in celebration in BCL title game.

St Johns 70 St Maria Goretti 58
@aka_themamba

#438 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

DeMatha 79 St Frances 74 2OT - Panthers went without Baldwin, who hurt his leg in celebration in BCL title game.

St Johns 70 St Maria Goretti 58

That’s a bad break for SFA. I thought this was the year that they would win the whole tournament. I also wasn’t impressed by DeMatha when I saw them play IMG earlier in the season.

#439 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Gonzaga 67 Bishop Walsh 59

Paul VI 68 Mt St Joe 65

The WCAC moves to 50-18 v Baltimore privates at the Alhambra since Calvert Hall won in '82.
@aka_themamba

#440 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

SFA played well, Toles bullied his way to the basket all game. Struggled a little rebounding the ball in the 4th and OT's with DeMatha getting second and third chances on several occasions. Goretti came out strong against St Johns but St Johns picked up their D and started hitting shots. BW played tough and was up at halftime against Gonzaga but went cold in the 3rd quarter. Terrence Williams for Gonzaga had a really strong game. MSJ looked like they were on their way to getting blown out, down by double digits in the 2nd qtr but kept it close and made a run in the second half. Bishop had 39 points including 8 threes. 

Day 2 matchups

Goretti vs SFA

BW vs MSJ

St Johns vs DeMatha

Gonzaga vs PVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=