Mt Hebron 3 at Oakland Mills 37
Centennial 0 at Marriotts Ridge 47

#62 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

Week 3

Centennial (0-2) at Wilde Lake (2-0) - Another long night for Centennial. Wilde Lake will ride West Va commit Osita Smith for quite a few TDs.  Will be a while before Centennial will be competitive.  Wilde Lake by 6 score.

River Hill (1-1) at Long Reach (2-0) - Last year Long Reach traveled to River Hill and left with a running clock put on them, losing 42-7. I believe Long Reach will have revenge on their minds.  But so will River Hill, who would like to revenge their surprising 15-9 lost to Reservoir.  This will be a very close game.  But I believe I will give Long Reach the edge, only because they are home.  Long Reach by 1 score

Reservoir (1-1) at Atholton (0-2) I am REALLY scared to make a prediction on this game. Just not sure which team will show up. Not sure how Reservoir managed to beat one of the county title favorites, but most of the county coaches stated that Reservoir could be one of the most improved teams.  But I think Reservoir will still be on their victory "cloud", and Atholton will pick up their 1st win in a close one.  Atholton by 1 score.

Glenelg (2-0) at Oakland Mills (1-1) -  Coming off a huge pay-back victory, Glenelg could be still on cloud nine when they roll into Oakland Mills.  But I think Glenelg's senior leadership will make sure they will take care of business and move on. Look for RB Wande Owens to have a huge game.  Glenelg by 5 scores.

Howard (1-1) at Mt Hebron (0-2) - What a VERY sloppy game Howard played last week.  Opening kick off returned for TD ONLY to be called back for penalty. A drive into the red zone stops due to a fumble. Next drive into red zone halts due to a pick-6.  And a wide-open receiver drops a sure TD was magnified when follow play ended in another pick-6.  Pretty sure Howard can't wait til Friday evening to get back to their winning ways. This could be an ugly game for the home team Mt Hebron, who has not scored a TD this season. RB Devin Dawkins and Howard "should" roll in a big way.  Howard by 6 scores.

Hammond (0-2)  at Marriotts Ridge (2-0) -  Although they are undefeated, Marriotts Ridge has played the 2 worst teams in the county in Centennial and Mt Hebron, both in shutouts.  Hammond is scoreless this season, and unfortunately I think they will leave this game still scoreless.  Marriotts Ridge by 4 scores.

#63 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:06 AM

Week 3

Centennial (0-2) at Wilde Lake (2-0) - Wilde Lake has had a very impressive start to the season. They might be the 3rd best team in the league this year. Lots of athletes, but Osita Smith stirs the drink here. Ostia will have 4 TD's this game. Centennial does not any real hope in this game. There is not a single Cenn player that could start for WL. The final score will depend how much the Wildecats wants to lay it on the Eagles. I do not think WL will run it up. Goal is to get a running clock. WL 42 Cenn 0

River Hill (1-1) at Long Reach (2-0) - This is a really big game (which is funny to say week 3), but the RH loss opened things up in the county. I am surprised by the RH loss. They have 2 good athletes at their wings, but they must be pretty limited everywhere else. With the Wing T you need 3 solid options, and maybe RH only has 2. LR has taken care of business thus far and has a 2-0 record. The new backfield for Long Reach has come up big putting up some solid points in their 1st 2 games. This is a tough one to call but I a going with Long Reach 28 River Hill 21

Reservoir (1-1) at Atholton (0-2) I am still not very high on either of these teams. I was very wrong about Reservoir last week. I thought RH would have a big win. Reservoir had a sound game plan and executed at a very high level. I wish The Gators would be more consistent though. Atholton is 0-2 but still not an easy out. They played 2 of the better teams in the league and have nothing to show for it. If they lose this game they will be out of the playoff hunt early. I think Atholton being home and desperate is enough to give them the edge in this game. Atholton 21 Reservoir 20

Glenelg (2-0) at Oakland Mills (1-1) -  Glenelg played a perfect game last week and took advantage of all of Howards mistakes. Glenelg might be the 2a state champion as is seems Damascus and Walkersville took big steps bag. They need another way to score other than long runs from Wande Owens though. That gets very hard come playoff time. OM bounced back to beat up on a team that is not very good in MH. Oakland Mills tempo is something that is very hard for teams to prep for. This game will be close than people think. OM will not be able to stop Glenelg, but I think OM can score a little bit with their up tempo style of play. Glenelg 42 Oakland Mills 21

Howard (1-1) at Mt Hebron (0-2) - Howard earned a Big L last week. Worst lost to a county team since 2012. Howard ddid not play to level of intensity of Glenelg and executed very poorly. Simple as that. This team is still very talented, and can make the playoffs, but no more slip ups. Bad luck for Hebron to play Howard after a loss. This should be a wake up call for the Lions. Mt. Hebron........they have a great band. Howard 42 Mt Hebron 0

Hammond (0-2) at Marriotts Ridge (2-0) - Marriotts Ridge has not had the toughest schedule to start the year, but they won the games regardless. They proved they are not in the bottom tier of the league. They get another cupcake game this week. Hammond is just not very good right now. Not much else to say. Marriotts Ridge should continue their hot early start. Marriotts Ridge 21 Hammond 7

#64 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:13 AM

Week 3 scores

Centennial 0 at Wilde Lake 45

River Hill 21 at Long Reach 12

Reservoir 27 at Atholton 28 (OT)

Glenelg 49 at Oakland Mills 12

Howard 42 at Mt Hebron 0

Hammond 6  at Marriotts Ridge 40

#65 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:48 AM

How does a team win by one in OT?  Is high school OT like college instead of the NFL?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#66 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

How does a team win by one in OT? Is high school OT like college instead of the NFL?

Could have went for 2 instead of the XP

#67 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

How does a team win by one in OT?  Is high school OT like college instead of the NFL?

Could have went for 2 instead of the XP

As OldBallCoach stated, Atholton scored first in OT and kicked the extra point.  Then Reservoir scored and decided to go for 2-point conversion and the win...but QB was stopped short of the goal line.  Here's an article from the HoCo Times:

http://www.baltimore...0914-story.html

And a video clip of the goal-line stop vua reporter Kyle Stackpole's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/...804590474743810

#68 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

Didn’t work out for RHS but love the gutsy call

As OldBallCoach stated, Atholton scored first in OT and kicked the extra point. Then Reservoir scored and decided to go for 2-point conversion and the win...but QB was stopped short of the goal line. Here's an article from the HoCo Times:

http://www.baltimore...0914-story.html

And a video clip of the goal-line stop vua reporter Kyle Stackpole's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/...804590474743810

#69 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

Didn’t work out for RHS but love the gutsy call

I like the call, just hate the play...

#70 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

Week 4

Long Reach (2-1) at Centennial (0-3) - Once again not a close game at all.  Long Reach by 6 scores.

Oakland Mills (1-2) at Hammond (0-3) - A long night at home for Hammond.  Oakland Mills by 5 scores.

Atholton (1-2) at Mt. Hebron (0-3) - In 3 contests Mt Hebron has only scored 3 points. The struggle to score will continue. Atholton by 4 scores

Wilde Lake (3-0) at River Hill (2-1) -  Will give the advantage to River Hill, only because they are home.  River Hill by 1 score

Reservoir (1-2) at Glenelg (3-0) -  Wande Owens and crew will continue to roll pretty big.  Glenelg by 6 scores

Marriotts Ridge (3-0) at Howard (2-1) - After feasting on the county's 3 worst teams, Marriotts Ridge will fall from the unbeaten ranks.  Howard by 3 scores.

#71 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Week 4 (15-3 prediction BTW)

Long Reach at Centennial - Long Reach lost a tough game against RH last week. Long Reach I think is proving to be a tier 2 team in the league, because of their lose to RH and barely beating Atholton. ECF will have to answer this for me, but is Huffman healthy? He is a big part of the team and is a good player. I would also hope to see more Chris Martin Jr. in the gameplay moving forward. He is one of the better younger talents in the county for sure. Centennial does not have the horses to keep this close. Hard to see a win on their schedule this year. I don't think anyone will be surprised by this outcome. Long Reach 49 Centennial 0

Oakland Mills at Hammond - Oakland Mills was able to punch it in a few times against Glenelg last week. That tempo offense is hard to defend, especially when you have a few athletes. Hammond might want to think about pulling some of their JV kids up. They have some players on that team so the future has potential. That future is not tonight though. Oakland Mills 28 Hammond 7

Atholton at Mt. Hebron - Atholton picked up a crucial win last week. A lost to Reservoir and their season would have been over. Melvin Brown carried the team on his back. Very impressive performance from the young man last week. If Atholton can score they will be a tough team for anyone. Mt. Hebron had the misfortune of playing Howard after Howard took a big L. 2 programs in different stages. Mt. Hebron lacks offensive creativity. Pair that with no game changers and Hebron will not be in many games this year. Athotlon keeps it rolling and Hebron keeps falling. Atholton 28 Mt Hebron 0

Wilde Lake at River Hill -  This is the Game of the Week for sure. Wilde Lake has been the kinda surprise this year so far. Playing solid teams (minus Centennial )and winning handily. Wilde Lake has some serious speed, and they had 7 freshmen on the team last year, and those guys are starting to contribute. River Hill will be the best team they have played by far though. RH had a hick up against Rezzi, but returned to form with a good win against LR. RH showed a little bit of a passing game last week with 2 TD's through the air. I think RH being at home is an advantage. I would not be surprised by either result, but I will take River Hill. River Hill 22 Wilde Lake 21

Reservoir at Glenelg -  Reservoir has had a tough schedule to start the year. Other than Howard they have played the top teams and they are still win the playoff mix so that is a good thing. Reservoir has some talent, and one thing about Rezzi kids is they think they can win every game. Glenelg is a machine right now and its hard to find something that can derail them. I think with what is going on in the rest of the state, you would have to think Glenelg is the favorite for the 2a title.  I still wish they had another offensive weapon other than Wande, that would be ideal. They won't need another one in this game though. Glenelg 35 Reservoir 7

Marriotts Ridge at Howard - Marriotts Ridge always gives Howard tough games. They are well coached and don't make mistakes. They are undefeated and from the quotes from their new start RB they seem very confident in their approach. Marriotts Ridge will not be scared of Howard and will put up a good fight. Howard found their grove last week. A beat down of Hebron. Swarming D, fast offense, and quality special teams. That has been the Howard way the last few years. It took a kick in the teeth from Glenelg for the Lions to find their groove. Jerry O'Neil provides a nice spark in the air and on the ground to keep teams honest against Dawkins. Howard will ultimately pull away, but it won't be that easy. Howard 35 Marriotts Ridge 7

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#72 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Week 4 (15-3 prediction BTW)

Long Reach at Centennial - Long Reach lost a tough game against RH last week. Long Reach I think is proving to be a tier 2 team in the league, because of their lose to RH and barely beating Atholton. ECF will have to answer this for me, but is Huffman healthy? He is a big part of the team and is a good player. I would also hope to see more Chris Martin Jr. in the gameplay moving forward. He is one of the better younger talents in the county for sure. Centennial does not have the horses to keep this close. Hard to see a win on their schedule this year. I don't think anyone will be surprised by this outcome. Long Reach 49 Centennial 0

Oakland Mills at Hammond - Oakland Mills was able to punch it in a few times against Glenelg last week. That tempo offense is hard to defend, especially when you have a few athletes. Hammond might want to think about pulling some of their JV kids up. They have some players on that team so the future has potential. That future is not tonight though. Oakland Mills 28 Hammond 7

Atholton at Mt. Hebron - Atholton picked up a crucial win last week. A lost to Reservoir and their season would have been over. Melvin Brown carried the team on his back. Very impressive performance from the young man last week. If Atholton can score they will be a tough team for anyone. Mt. Hebron had the misfortune of playing Howard after Howard took a big L. 2 programs in different stages. Mt. Hebron lacks offensive creativity. Pair that with no game changers and Hebron will not be in many games this year. Athotlon keeps it rolling and Hebron keeps falling. Atholton 28 Mt Hebron 0

Wilde Lake at River Hill -  This is the Game of the Week for sure. Wilde Lake has been the kinda surprise this year so far. Playing solid teams (minus Centennial )and winning handily. Wilde Lake has some serious speed, and they had 7 freshmen on the team last year, and those guys are starting to contribute. River Hill will be the best team they have played by far though. RH had a hick up against Rezzi, but returned to form with a good win against LR. RH showed a little bit of a passing game last week with 2 TD's through the air. I think RH being at home is an advantage. I would not be surprised by either result, but I will take River Hill. River Hill 22 Wilde Lake 21

Reservoir at Glenelg -  Reservoir has had a tough schedule to start the year. Other than Howard they have played the top teams and they are still win the playoff mix so that is a good thing. Reservoir has some talent, and one thing about Rezzi kids is they think they can win every game. Glenelg is a machine right now and its hard to find something that can derail them. I think with what is going on in the rest of the state, you would have to think Glenelg is the favorite for the 2a title.  I still wish they had another offensive weapon other than Wande, that would be ideal. They won't need another one in this game though. Glenelg 35 Reservoir 7

Marriotts Ridge at Howard - Marriotts Ridge always gives Howard tough games. They are well coached and don't make mistakes. They are undefeated and from the quotes from their new start RB they seem very confident in their approach. Marriotts Ridge will not be scared of Howard and will put up a good fight. Howard found their grove last week. A beat down of Hebron. Swarming D, fast offense, and quality special teams. That has been the Howard way the last few years. It took a kick in the teeth from Glenelg for the Lions to find their groove. Jerry O'Neil provides a nice spark in the air and on the ground to keep teams honest against Dawkins. Howard will ultimately pull away, but it won't be that easy. Howard 35 Marriotts Ridge 7

Dont think he will ever be healthy from what they tell me. 

East

Coast

Fan

#73 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Dont think he will ever be healthy from what they tell me. 

That is unfortunate.

#74 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

Week 4

Long Reach 60 at Centennial 0
Oakland Mills 50 at Hammond 12
Atholton 43 at Mt. Hebron 13
Wilde Lake 15 at River Hill 23
Reservoir 0 at Glenelg 35
Marriotts Ridge 20 at Howard 25

#75 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

Howard seems a little overrated to me somebody elaborate

#76 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

Howard seems a little overrated to me somebody elaborate

Gooch,

I don't think they are a little overrated.  Yeah, maybe a couple of people believed they would once again run through county play, but the majority of folks sensed a step back from their typical norm of domination.  Defense returns only 2 starters on defense and 3 on offense.  They also lost their D-Coord, who has been replaced by another former head coach at Mt Hebron. I can only guess that as the season goes forward Howard will get better.  But right now, I don't see that happening.

#77 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

Howard seems like they might just be young could that be a factor

#78 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

Lost a lot of seniors from last year squad

East

Coast

Fan

#79 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

Yes OBC,  that is a factor.  But in a county league that tons of folks believe is down and not good some still believe Howard should run through it.  But their youth is probably playing a bigger part. 

#80 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

Lost a lot of seniors from last year squad

But ECF, during their run they have lost at least 25 seniors the previous years.  Maybe this year its catching up to them.  But I think it could be a little more to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=