Howard County Football 2018

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

Anyone make it over to the Atholton scrimmage ?

Haven’t heard much about it.

#22 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Anyone make it over to the Atholton scrimmage ?

I didn't make it to their scrimmage nor did I hear anything.

#23 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

I think it was 2-0 but Walkersville was the better team that day for sure. Howard needs to clean up its back 7 play. Everything else looks real strong for the Lions. This matchup highlighted the loss of Stephanos.

With Howard unable to move the ball at all I would suggest they also need to clean up their OL.  However, their OL Coach usually work magic with the linemen he gets, so I am not too worried about that.

DEFINITELY not make ANY excuse, but there were a lot of rumblings from parents that the players didn't received their pads until Wednesday.  However, I don't believe most teams hit until that time frame anyways, at least at the public school level.

#24 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:14 PM

With Howard unable to move the ball at all I would suggest they also need to clean up their OL. However, their OL Coach usually work magic with the linemen he gets, so I am not too worried about that.

DEFINITELY not make ANY excuse, but there were a lot of rumblings from parents that the players didn't received their pads until Wednesday. However, I don't believe most teams hit until that time frame anyways, at least at the public school level.

Yea that is why I’m not too concerned about the o-line. Yes they could have played better but Coach Prestel is great and will get the boys rolling.

#25 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Yea that is why I’m not too concerned about the o-line. Yes they could have played better but Coach Prestel is great and will get the boys rolling.

My opinion, the unsung hero of the Howard Football Coaching Staff.

#26 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

Ok....any words on any scrimmages from the HoCo schools? I was unable to go see the Howard/Dundalk game yesterday. Any word on how Long Reach played against Dunbar ? They are usually good with reporting via their twitter account.

#27 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

Dundalk gave howard a good test. Howard was kinda sloppy. Should have been 28-7 Howard but with mistakes it was only 14-7.

Howard needs to clean up if they wanna make some noice in the playoffs. I still think they run through hoco (glenelg is the only school that should push them).

#28 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Dundalk gave howard a good test. Howard was kinda sloppy. Should have been 28-7 Howard but with mistakes it was only 14-7.

Howard needs to clean up if they wanna make some noice in the playoffs. I still think they run through hoco (glenelg is the only school that should push them).

Not a good look there GDEF. A few guys in this forum suggested that Dundalk would be a .500 club this season.  But maybe this close game will give them some confidence going forward.

Howard on the other hand, not sure what to chalk this up to be.  Have they actually taken a larger step back with graduation and injuries?  Or the delay in players receiving their pads?  I guess we shall see how things go when they play Glenelg.

#29 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

Not a good look there GDEF. A few guys in this forum suggested that Dundalk would be a .500 club this season.  But maybe this close game will give them some confidence going forward.

Howard on the other hand, not sure what to chalk this up to be.  Have they actually taken a larger step back with graduation and injuries?  Or the delay in players receiving their pads?  I guess we shall see how things go when they play Glenelg.

I would agree. I hoped for a better performance myself. I do think Dundalk will be better than .500, but Howard should have been the ugly better team, and I am not sure that is what I saw. 

Howard has a great coaching staff, so I hope once game planning gets involved it will help out. We will see this Friday. 

#30 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:58 AM

Preview of the Howard County Football Season:

http://www.baltimore...2018-story.html

#31 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

Anyone heard a rumor SFA is after the Howard RB?

#32 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

Wilde Lake Osita Smith just commited to WVU on twitter.

https://twitter.com/...219459978534912

East

Coast

Fan

#33 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

Anyone heard a rumor SFA is after the Howard RB?

Not sure about that one OBC.  Looking at his latest Twitter feed it looks like he is focused on trying to break the All Time Career Rushing record at Howard and in the county.

#34 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Not sure about that one OBC. Looking at his latest Twitter feed it looks like he is focused on trying to break the All Time Career Rushing record at Howard and in the county.

Ok word was from one of the Howard coaches SFA is throwing the house at him trying to get him to leave.

#35 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Ok word was from one of the Howard coaches SFA is throwing the house at him trying to get him to leave.

That might be true, especially since his recruiting has been pretty much non-existing, which looks bad coming from a program where the Head Coach stated he wants Howard to be the premier program in the county.  We all know what could be hindering him in his recruitment, but I am pretty sure SFA could be in his ear about helping him.  So with that said, I may have to agree with ECF that this has been going on for a couple of years.

#36 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

That might be true, especially since his recruiting has been pretty much non-existing, which looks bad coming from a program where the Head Coach stated he wants Howard to be the premiere program in the county. We all know what could be hindering him in his recruitment, but I am pretty sure SFA could be in his ear about helping him. So with that said, I may have to agree with ECF that this has been going on for a couple of years.

Yeah I am not sure about that area but was just going based off what a friend of mine said to me the other day. Hope I am wrong

#37 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

That might be true, especially since his recruiting has been pretty much non-existing, which looks bad coming from a program where the Head Coach stated he wants Howard to be the premier program in the county. We all know what could be hindering him in his recruitment, but I am pretty sure SFA could be in his ear about helping him. So with that said, I may have to agree with ECF that this has been going on for a couple of years.

I’m not following. How is the head coach hurting his recruiting? His recruitment problems are because he is a 5th senior with bad grades.
  • ECF likes this

#38 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

Yeah I am not sure about that area but was just going based off what a friend of mine said to me the other day. Hope I am wrong

He isn’t going anywhere.

#39 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

Oakland Mills @ Howard- Howard keeps their home winning streak going with a solid win. OM doesn’t have enough to knock off the Lions. Howard 28 OM 0

Reservoir @ Wilde Lake- WIlde Lake night have the best athlete in the county in Osita Smith. Wilde lake had a good preseason. I don’t know much about Reservior so this will be a good test as I think Wilde lake is a sleeper this year. Close came. Wilde lake 28 Reservoir 21

Atholton @ Long Reach- haven’t heard a ton from Atholton but i know from last year they had a horrific offense. Doubt that will change with JC still running the program. Long Reach lost a lot and haven’t shown a lot during the scrimmages. They are similar to Howard in that way but I gave Howard the benefit of the doubt and I’ll do the Same with Long Reach. Long Reach 14 Atholton 0

Marriotts Ridge @ Mt Hebron- both teams are probably going to finish towards the bottom of the league at the end of the day so this is an opportunity to get a what might be rare win. Coin flip but the home team has a few more athletes. Mt Hebron 21 Marriotts Ridge 7

Hammond @ River Hill- River Hill is poised to challenge for a county title and will begin their campaign with a lopsided victory. Hammond is trying to claw back into becoming a relevant program but they will probably struggle again this year. River hill cruses. River Hill 49 Hammond 0

Glenelg @ Centennial- this will get ugly quickly. Glad Centennial is back and playing. Sucks to play a power like Glenelg off the bat. Hard to see Centennial doing much positive in this game. Wande Owens will get closer to the career rushing record record. Glenelg 49 Centennial 0

#40 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:30 PM

He isn’t going anywhere.

That is great to hear!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors