• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

Heard Dawkins has a bad wheel also

He hurt his ankle during his homecoming game against River Hill.  This forfeit should allow him to rest that ankle.

#102 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Week 7

Fri Games

Howard (5-1) at Centennial (0-6) - On Tuesday Centennial forfeit the game due to lack of healthy bodies, 13 at the time they forfeit.  Hope this doesn't discourage the Centennial football program going forward. Howard wins 2-0.

Oakland Mills (4-2) at River Hill (4-2) - probably HoCo Game of the Week, since both teams need this win to stay in the 2A-South regional playoff race. Oakland Mills is riding a 3 game winning streak that include victories over Reservoir and Marriotts Ridge. Although they are not the River Hill of old, they are still a very tough team to beat, especially at River Hill.  I really believe this could either way with Oakland Mills ability to spread their opponents out and pass on them.  But River Hill wants to build some momentum for next week matchup against rival Glenelg, so I give them the edge.  River Hill by 2 scores.

Long Reach (4-2) at Glenelg ( 6-0) - Don't believe Long Reach currently have the players that can slow down Wande Owens and Glenelg's running game.  This could get out of hand come 2nd Half. But this loss won't affect Long Reach playoff chances in the 3A-East region when 4 or the county's worst teams are in your region. Glenelg by 5 scores.

Sat games

Reservoir (2-4) at Mt Hebron (1-5) - Even though this is Mt. Hebron's homecoming weekend, I don't believe that will be enough to moviate the team enough to slow down Reservoir, especially with Mt. Hebron's scoring woes.  Reservoir by 4 scores

Wilde Lake (4-2) at Hammond (1-5) - A must win for Wilde Lake, currently trying to keep pace with 6 other schools for the final 3 spots in a very competitive 2A-South region. Even though Hammond is coming off an 30-28 upset win over Atholton, I don't believe they have enough athletes to pull off another one.  Wilde Lake by 3 scores.

Marriotts Ridge (3-3) at Atholton (2-4) -  I feel like flipping a coin on this one. Both teams are hard to judge, particularly Atholton who last week lost to a winless Hammond squad.  I am only guessing since its Atholton, but I am giving Atholton the edge since they are at home. - Atholton by 1 score.

#103 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

Week 7

Fri Games

Howard (5-1) at Centennial (0-6) - On Tuesday Centennial forfeit the game due to lack of healthy bodies, 13 at the time they forfeit.  Hope this doesn't discourage the Centennial football program going forward. Howard wins 2-0.

Oakland Mills (4-2) at River Hill (4-2) - probably HoCo Game of the Week, since both teams need this win to stay in the 2A-South regional playoff race. Oakland Mills is riding a 3 game winning streak that include victories over Reservoir and Marriotts Ridge. Although they are not the River Hill of old, they are still a very tough team to beat, especially at River Hill.  I really believe this could either way with Oakland Mills ability to spread their opponents out and pass on them.  But River Hill wants to build some momentum for next week matchup against rival Glenelg, so I give them the edge.  River Hill by 2 scores.

Long Reach (4-2) at Glenelg ( 6-0) - Don't believe Long Reach currently have the players that can slow down Wande Owens and Glenelg's running game.  This could get out of hand come 2nd Half. But this loss won't affect Long Reach playoff chances in the 3A-East region when 4 or the county's worst teams are in your region. Glenelg by 5 scores.

Sat games

Reservoir (2-4) at Mt Hebron (1-5) - Even though this is Mt. Hebron's homecoming weekend, I don't believe that will be enough to moviate the team enough to slow down Reservoir, especially with Mt. Hebron's scoring woes.  Reservoir by 4 scores

Wilde Lake (4-2) at Hammond (1-5) - A must win for Wilde Lake, currently trying to keep pace with 6 other schools for the final 3 spots in a very competitive 2A-South region. Even though Hammond is coming off an 30-28 upset win over Atholton, I don't believe they have enough athletes to pull off another one.  Wilde Lake by 3 scores.

Marriotts Ridge (3-3) at Atholton (2-4) -  I feel like flipping a coin on this one. Both teams are hard to judge, particularly Atholton who last week lost to a winless Hammond squad.  I am only guessing since its Atholton, but I am giving Atholton the edge since they are at home. - Atholton by 1 score.

The county needs to step in and help with the issue this county is having as far as football goes. Centennial will most likely not have a team next year. Lets be honest. They tried coming back and its been kind of a failure. Hebron is 2-3 years away from being in the same position.

The solution is to have open scheduling for teams to play against teams their own caliber. There are plenty of schools in this state centennial can play and have fun competitive games. Centennial playing a full Hoco schedule is killing their program. Plan and simple. Step up and do your job Jon Davis! If you want to help this is the way to make it happen. 

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#104 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

The county needs to step in and help with the issue this county is having as far as football goes. Centennial will most likely not have a team next year. Lets be honest. They tried coming back and its been kind of a failure. Hebron is 2-3 years away from being in the same position.

The solution is to have open scheduling for teams to play against teams their own caliber. There are plenty of schools in this state centennial can play and have fun competitive games. Centennial playing a full Hoco schedule is killing their program. Plan and simple. Step up and do your job Jon Davis! If you want to help this is the way to make it happen. 

So...like split up the county league in half according to classification?  That way they are playing the 5 teams in their respective division and schedule the other 5 games with teams elsewhere?

#105 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

So...like split up the county league in half according to classification? That way they are playing the 5 teams in their respective division and schedule the other 5 games with teams elsewhere?

Everyone is so focused on classification. That’s not what determines a teams skill. Centennial is the 3rd most populated school in the county and RH is the 2nd smallest and went unbeaten last year.

Break them up by caliber. Volleyball and Lacross so it in this county and it’s time for football to join the party. Oakland Mills girls soccer also has a independent schedule because they couldnt hang with Hoco and they are unbeaten this year. How amazing for those kids and their parents to enjoy some success. Same needs to be done for Centennial. Go play Crossland or the Sparrow Points of the world. Keep a few hoco games like the Hebron since that’s a rivalry but again keeping a full hoco schedule will kill the program and it will never come back. Kids want to win. Parents want to win. Especially in football because it’s such a demanding and grueling sport. You need to have some success to make it worth while. Plain and simple.

#106 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:35 PM

Fri games
Howard 2 at Centennial  0 -  Wins on forfeit
Oakland Mills 0 at River Hill 35
Long Reach 19 at Glenelg 49

Sat games
Reservoir 44 at Mt Hebron 6
Wilde Lake 43 at Hammond 0
Marriotts Ridge 14 at Atholton 7

#107 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Gonna be quick this week....

Wilde Lake v Marriotts Ridge- Too much speed and talent for Wilde Lake. They win 28-14

Hammond v Howard-Complete mismatch. Howard 35 Hammond 0

River Hill v Glenelg-Always a great game but Wande and boys are too good. Glenelg 28 River Hill 7

Centennial v Reservoir- Another rough week for the Eagles. Rezzi 35 Centennial 0

Atholton v Oakland Mills- Both teams had tough losses last week. OM in a tight one. Oakland Mills 21 Atholton 14

Mt Hebron v Long Reach- Hebron can't hang with LR on Homecoming. Long Reach 35 Mt Hebron 0

#108 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

At least my Eagles are strapping on the pads!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#109 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

GDEF

Gonna be quick this week....

Wilde Lake v Marriotts Ridge- Too much speed and talent for Wilde Lake. They win 28-14

Hammond v Howard-Complete mismatch. Howard 35 Hammond 0

River Hill v Glenelg-Always a great game but Wande and boys are too good. Glenelg 28 River Hill 7

Centennial v Reservoir- Another rough week for the Eagles. Rezzi 35 Centennial 0

Atholton v Oakland Mills- Both teams had tough losses last week. OM in a tight one. Oakland Mills 21 Atholton 14

Mt Hebron v Long Reach- Hebron can't hang with LR on Homecoming. Long Reach 35 Mt Hebron 0

GDEF

In agreement with all your picks.

#110 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

At least my Eagles are strapping on the pads!

Just hope last week doesn't set them back too far.

#111 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:12 AM

Week 8

Fri games

Wilde Lake 42 at Marriotts Ridge 0

Hammond 0 at Howard 38

River Hill 0 at Glenelg 12

Centennial 0 at Reservoir 50

Atholton 14 at Oakland Mills 34

Sat game

Mt Hebron 0 at Long Reach 41

**  Congrats to Glenelg Sr RB Wande Owens for breaking Howard County record for career rushing yards, surpassing 5095 career rushing yards set by RB Raphael Wall, who starred at Wilde Lake from 1987 - 1990. Owens ended the day with a season high of 273 yards on 28 carries along with Glenelg lone 2 TDs. Record now stands 5276 yards with 2 regular season games and at least 1 playoff game left for Owens, thanks to last night's win.  (http://www.baltimore...1019-story.html)**

#112 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

Owens the real deal
  • ShoNuff07 likes this

#113 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

Owens the real deal

Yes, the young man is the real deal.

#114 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:06 AM

Week 9

Hammond v Centennial- Centennial is awful. No other way to put it. They have not scored a point all year. They forfeited to Howard and had varsity players play in the JV game against Howard and still lost 35-0. Hammond has a couple athletes and should be able to win this game with ease. Hammond 28 Centennial 0

Atholton v River Hill- Atholton has been disappointing this year. They have one of the better players in the county in Melvin Brown, but he seems to be alone in quality players on the current varsity roster. River Hill almost pulled off the big upset last week when they had a goal to go to beat Glenelg and couldn't pull it off. River Hill is well coached and lacks sure dynamic play makers, but they have enough to win this game. River Hill 28 Atholton 14

Marriotts Ridge v Long Reach- MR has been a tough out all year. They have a coulee nice RB's and play good D. Long Reach needs to win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive. Long Reach will have the speed advantage in this game for sure. MR will be tough though. Weather might play a role in this game. LR prefers to throw it around, MR prefers to pound it. Long Reach 14 Marriotts Ridge 21

Reservoir v Howard - Reservoir has had a solid season, going 4-4 to this point. They have some good players on the team, but I think they have solidified themselves as a Tier 2 team this year. Howard is starting to get their grove back, especially on the Def. They have only given up 5 TD's in the last 7 games. Offense is still inconsistent, but they have been able to get on teams early and finish them off. Howard wins again this week. Howard 28 Reservoir 7

Glenelg v Mt Hebron- This is will not be a close game. I still think Glenelg has a real good chance to win the 2a state championship. Assuming health of course. Hebron is not good this year, but they have a decent JV team so their might be some hope moving forward with this program. Tonight is not going to look good though. Glenelg 49 Mt Hebron 0

Oakland Mils v Wilde Lake- This is actually an exciting game. Big Rivalry game. Both teams have some athletes and some speed. This game is very close, but I will give the slight edge to Wilde Lake. Wilde Lake 21 Oakland Mills 20

#115 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

Week 9

Hammond v Centennial- Centennial is awful. No other way to put it. They have not scored a point all year. They forfeited to Howard and had varsity players play in the JV game against Howard and still lost 35-0. Hammond has a couple athletes and should be able to win this game with ease. Hammond 28 Centennial 0

Atholton v River Hill- Atholton has been disappointing this year. They have one of the better players in the county in Melvin Brown, but he seems to be alone in quality players on the current varsity roster. River Hill almost pulled off the big upset last week when they had a goal to go to beat Glenelg and couldn't pull it off. River Hill is well coached and lacks sure dynamic play makers, but they have enough to win this game. River Hill 28 Atholton 14

Marriotts Ridge v Long Reach- MR has been a tough out all year. They have a coulee nice RB's and play good D. Long Reach needs to win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive. Long Reach will have the speed advantage in this game for sure. MR will be tough though. Weather might play a role in this game. LR prefers to throw it around, MR prefers to pound it. Long Reach 14 Marriotts Ridge 21

Reservoir v Howard - Reservoir has had a solid season, going 4-4 to this point. They have some good players on the team, but I think they have solidified themselves as a Tier 2 team this year. Howard is starting to get their grove back, especially on the Def. They have only given up 5 TD's in the last 7 games. Offense is still inconsistent, but they have been able to get on teams early and finish them off. Howard wins again this week. Howard 28 Reservoir 7

Glenelg v Mt Hebron- This is will not be a close game. I still think Glenelg has a real good chance to win the 2a state championship. Assuming health of course. Hebron is not good this year, but they have a decent JV team so their might be some hope moving forward with this program. Tonight is not going to look good though. Glenelg 49 Mt Hebron 0

Oakland Mils v Wilde Lake- This is actually an exciting game. Big Rivalry game. Both teams have some athletes and some speed. This game is very close, but I will give the slight edge to Wilde Lake. Wilde Lake 21 Oakland Mills 20

Great stuff as always GDEF !  I basically agree with you with all predictions except the following:

Marriotts Ridge at Long Reach - I AGREED WITH YOU in how both teams operates...Marriotts Ridge runs the ball while Long Reach passes the ball.  But with this being Senior Night at Long Reach and the opportunity to all but clinch a spot into the playoffs with a win plus a Howard win over Reservoir I am thinking Long Reach will get the ball in Chris Martin Jr's via running plays and jet sweeps.  But then again, you did state they LOVE TO PASS DA BALL!!  Ha Ha Ha!!  But I do believe somehow they will pull this game out.  Long Reach by 1 score.

#116 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

Great stuff as always GDEF ! I basically agree with you with all predictions except the following:

Marriotts Ridge at Long Reach - I AGREED WITH YOU in how both teams operates...Marriotts Ridge runs the ball while Long Reach passes the ball. But with this being Senior Night at Long Reach and the opportunity to all but clinch a spot into the playoffs with a win plus a Howard win over Reservoir I am thinking Long Reach will get the ball in Chris Martin Jr's via running plays and jet sweeps. But then again, you did state they LOVE TO PASS DA BALL!! Ha Ha Ha!! But I do believe somehow they will pull this game out. Long Reach by 1 score.

Nice call on the LR game 😉

#117 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:38 PM

Nice call on the LR game

Just a lucky guess on my end GDEF.  VERY surprised to read that Long Reach were able to run the ball effectively on Marriotts Ridge, especially in the rain.

#118 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

Oakland Mills - 14
Wilde Lake - 12
  • GDEF likes this

East

Coast

Fan