#121 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

Got the OM game right

I hope centennial sticks with it!

Centennial's off-season will be key.

And congrats to Oakland MIlls on their victory over a good opponent in Wilde Lake.

#122 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

Agree that is the next step

#123 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:53 PM

Doubtful. Season has been a disaster. Coach and school quit prior to playing Howard and have been embarrassed every week.

Playing an Indepeneent schedule will be the o my thing that saves the program. Kids don’t want to be embarrassed every Friday night. Give them opportunities to win and there will be a chance.

#124 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Doubtful. Season has been a disaster. Coach and school quit prior to playing Howard and have been embarrassed every week.

Playing an Indepeneent schedule will be the o my thing that saves the program. Kids don’t want to be embarrassed every Friday night. Give them opportunities to win and there will be a chance.

So the Head Coach actually quit?

Playing Independent just might be a good thing for the county.  So that means everyone in the county will play one another for a few years.  Schedules will be basically set.

#125 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

So the Head Coach actually quit?

Playing Independent just might be a good thing for the county. So that means everyone in the county will play one another for a few years. Schedules will be basically set.

Sorry I should have been more clear. Coach Martin didn’t quit his job, but he and the team and the school quit by not playing Howard. The county’s “leader” in John Davis threw out a lot of crap to defend the school and cover up this fact.

Independent schedule solves this problem and a couple others but it does create additional for sure. I still think it’s worth doing but I think the county won’t allow it because that would require actually work for those involved.

#126 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

last week of the regular season!

Quick picks today

OM v Cenn- OM 49 Cenn 0

How v Ath- Howard 28 Ath 0

LR v Rezzi- LR 21 Rezzi 14

MH v Hamm- Hebron 21 Hamm 14

RH v MR- RH 21 MR 14

WL v Glen- WL 21 Glen 28

#127 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

Week 10

Centennial (0-9) at Oakland Mills (6-3) - Oakland Mills playoff chances looks pretty good since they are home against a winless and scoreless Centennial.  A victory by Oakland Mills puts them in the playoffs.  I believe they will be celebrating at the end of the 4th Quarter.  Oakland Mills by 7 scores.

Howard (8-1) at Atholton (2-7) -  Howard is trying to secure a 1st round playoff game with a victory tonight.  I am also certain they want feed Crab Bowl invitee Devin Dawkins to eclipse the 1000 yard mark tonight, needing 159 yards to achieve that goal. Atholton has nothing to play for, just pride and their Senior Night, just not enough.  Howard by 4 scores.

Long Reach (6-3) at Reservoir (4-5) - Reservoir can secure a .500 record with a Senior Night victory.But Long Reach will want to finish the regular season on a strong note prior to the playoffs.  Win or loss, Long Reach will be on the road next week.  Long Reach by 1 score.

Mt. Hebron (1-8)  at Hammond (2-7) - Mt Hebron has a little more trouble scoring than Hammond, who has a 30-28 upset win over Atholton.  Hammond wins this Senior Night to end the season on a high note.  Hammond by 4 scores

River Hill (6-3) at Marriotts Ridge (4-5) - River Hill must win to clinch their playoff berth.  Plus a victory would secure a 1st round home game in next week's game.I know Marriotts Ridge plays solid defense, but I don't think its enough to keep River Hill out of the win column tonight.  River Hill by 2 scores.

Wilde Lake (6-3) at Glenelg (9-0) - This could be a decent game.  Wilde Lake is fighting for a playoff spot and definitely need to win to stay in contention. However there are 2 problems, they are trying to keep Howard County Champs Glenelg on their Senior Night from completing an undefeated season.  Also, they need Oakland MIlls to lose to a winless and scoreless Centennial team.  I like Glenelg's chances in winning, and probably by a large margin.  Glenelg by 4 scores.

#128 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

Week 10

Centennial 0 at Oakland Mills 69
Howard 38 at Atholton 7
Long Reach 28 at Reservoir 12
Mt. Hebron 8 at Hammond 0
River Hill 35  at Marriotts Ridge 13
Wilde Lake 7 at Glenelg 33

#129 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Playoff time!

Gonna be quick again this week

Glenelg v Oakland Mills- Glenelg 42 Oakland Mills 0

Mervo v Howard- Howard 28 Mervo 7

Long Reach v JM Bennett- Long Reach 35 JM Bennet 0

River Hill v Westlake- River Hill 21 Westlake 14

#130 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

I’m calling Mervo with a upset

#131 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Playoff time!

Gonna be quick again this week

Glenelg v Oakland Mills- Glenelg 42 Oakland Mills 0

Mervo v Howard- Howard 28 Mervo 7

Long Reach v JM Bennett- Long Reach 35 JM Bennet 0

River Hill v Westlake- River Hill 21 Westlake 14

I am not sure about the score in the Long Reach at JM Bennett....especially since JM Bennett is undefeated at home this year.  But I am pulling for Long Reach.  Other than that I agree with the rest.

#132 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

I’m calling Mervo with a upset

Gooch,

That's why they play the game.  Still debating whether I am going or not...but should be a good game.

#133 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:56 PM

Apologies for the delay....

Week 11
Oakland Mills 0 at Glenelg 42

Mervo 48 at Howard 14
Long Reach 14 at JM Bennett 41
River Hill 3 at Westlake 0

#134 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

Howard laid a big fat egg 🥚

#135 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:21 PM

Howard laid a big fat egg

You said you were attending the game.  I allowed the threat of rain to run me off and not go.  What did you see Gooch? From I saw via a HoCo Sports reporter twitter Mervo was hitting Howard with big long passes for TDs.

#136 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

You said you were attending the game. I allowed the threat of rain to run me off and not go. What did you see Gooch? From I saw via a HoCo Sports reporter twitter Mervo was hitting Howard with big long passes for TDs.

Seen Mervo first hand they are good, but never saw Howard so I wasn't sure. But this HC football some think they are soft an don’t project well playoff off time.

Surprised at the other two though. Westlake isn’t the teams of past but are very good. Think that’s a good win for Brian.

Other hand that’s a bad lost for Jamie.

#137 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

You said you were attending the game. I allowed the threat of rain to run me off and not go. What did you see Gooch? From I saw via a HoCo Sports reporter twitter Mervo was hitting Howard with big long passes for TDs.

I wasn’t there either but from what my buddies told me Mervo was just too fast for Howard and exposed their small slow secondary
  • ShoNuff07 likes this

#138 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:03 PM

I wasn’t there either but from what my buddies told me Mervo was just too fast for Howard and exposed their small slow secondary

Pretty young too.  They started Sophs (5'7" and 5'6") at both CB spots and a Fresh (5'8") at one of their safety spots.  So you are Mervo and you are throwing to McKissic (6' 3"), Peterkin (6'0") and Jones Jr (6'1"), all seniors , then the outcome makes sense.

#139 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

Pretty young too. They started Sophs (5'7" and 5'6") at both CB spots and a Fresh (5'8") at one of their safety spots. So you are Mervo and you are throwing to McKissic (6' 3"), Peterkin (6'0") and Jones Jr (6'1"), all seniors , then the outcome makes sense.

IMO, Mervo was more physical and talented than Howard. The Mustangs defenders laid the wood on Dawkins and the Lions QB all night. Mervo’s DL controlled the line of scrimmage and their LBs blitzed and the right time forcing errant throws several of which were intercepted or knocked down by Mervo DBs. #44 for Howard is the only player that consistently responded with physical football. Overall it was a dominating performance by the Mustangs.

#140 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

Pretty young too. They started Sophs (5'7" and 5'6") at both CB spots and a Fresh (5'8") at one of their safety spots. So you are Mervo and you are throwing to McKissic (6' 3"), Peterkin (6'0") and Jones Jr (6'1"), all seniors , then the outcome makes sense.

well if they are young it’s a learning experience for them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=