• Please log in to reply
6462 replies to this topic

#6061 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:49 AM

The WFT has a new kicker, and his last name is Blewitt.

At least the headlines write themselves...

@JeremyMStrain

#6062 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:28 PM

https://www.espn.com...er-goodell-says

Goodell reiterating the emails won't be released. It'll be interesting to see if the Congressional inquiry gains any steam.

#6063 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:04 PM

https://www.espn.com...er-goodell-says

Goodell reiterating the emails won't be released. It'll be interesting to see if the Congressional inquiry gains any steam.

Shocking. One or more of the 32 members of the billionaire boys club who employ Goodell won’t be outed by Goodell.

They asked if the emails can be released while protecting those who want to remain anonymous. “Nope”. That’s BS. Someone wants to be anonymous you blackout their names. This gets done all the time on documents that contain SSNs and the like, correct?

Congress won’t do anything. If they do it’s a facade while getting their pockets lined for not finding anything substantial in return.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6064 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:27 PM

The Athletic: https://theathletic....s/S8EghqH3vP0B/

Asked if he thought there was a way to release some information from the investigation while protecting those who wished to remain anonymous, Goodell said, "We don't think so. We feel that this is the appropriate way to do it."

"Some did not want to be public," he continued. "Some wanted to. They're welcome to be public if they wish to. But we want to make sure we're protecting the people who came forward, who had to relive those experiences."

Congress’ Oversight and Reform Committee has announced an inquiry into the WFT, and asked the league for all investigative documents. The league has yet to say whether it will oblige, and those close to the league expect it to resist the Congressional effort.

Goodell disagreed with the characterization that Snyder had not been directly punished for his role in the organization's workplace environment.

"I do think he's been held accountable," Goodell said. "The organization has been held accountable. I think we did an unprecedented fine. Dan Snyder has not been involved with the organization for almost four months."

Basically, Goodell believes Snyder has paid the price and we should just move on. Those who don't want to be anonymous, are free to challenge the billionaires and see how that works out. 

Snyder was fined $10M, or about only 5% of the payroll just allotted for players he employs this season. It's nothing to someone with a net worth of $4B. His wife took over day-to-day operations. Naive to think Dan and his wife don't talk, or she isn't taking orders from him.  

I don't expect Goodell to roll over on Snyder, or any owners. I don't expect him to cooperate with Congress, nor do I think Congress will pry too hard. The owners will shower him with an even more lucrative salary in return as this kinda just fizzles away.

@BSLMikeRandall

#6065 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:29 PM

They asked if the emails can be released while protecting those who want to remain anonymous. “Nope”. That’s BS. Someone wants to be anonymous you blackout their names. This gets done all the time on documents that contain SSNs and the like, correct?

Congress won’t do anything. If they do it’s a facade while getting their pockets lined for not finding anything substantial in return.

I'll even send them a box of Sharpies to do the redactions if they promise to release a report.

Interesting thing about Congress/WFT is that if Snyder is to achieve a major goal of his, that being a new stadium where RFK currently sits, he needs Congress' blessing. I'm sure there are plenty of them that don't really care about what happened inside that franchise, but as we've seen with other things of late, it only takes one or two senators to hold up the works.

• Mike in STL likes this

#6066 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 October 2021 - 05:08 PM

Welp, one owner at least is in favor of releasing a report on the WFT investigation. Not at all surprisingly, it's Mark Davis.

https://www.cbssport...-investigation/

#6067 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:51 AM

The WFT has a new kicker, and his last name is Blewitt.

Update on Blewitt:  he's had 3 FG's blocked in 2 weeks.

#6068 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:53 AM

I'll even send them a box of Sharpies to do the redactions if they promise to release a report.

Interesting thing about Congress/WFT is that if Snyder is to achieve a major goal of his, that being a new stadium where RFK currently sits, he needs Congress' blessing. I'm sure there are plenty of them that don't really care about what happened inside that franchise, but as we've seen with other things of late, it only takes one or two senators to hold up the works.

Which the rumor is why Bruce Allen was here so long, as I guess because of who his dad was, had LOTS of connections at that level, and as we've seen in recent years they were on the ultra conservative good ol' boys network. Wonder how Snyder trying to throw him under the bus will affect anything they had built steam on.

@JeremyMStrain

#6069 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 02:00 PM

I think Chase Young might have just torn his ACL.

#6070 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

It's official - Young out for the season with a torn ACL.  It's never good when a guy goes down without contact and grabs his knee.

#6071 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 04:02 PM

RG3 is writing a tell-all book about his time in Washington.

Griffin announced today that he’s writing a book with veteran sports writer Gary Myers titled Surviving Washington, and the published is describing the book as an “explosive tell-all” about “the shocking mismanagement and toxic culture within the most dysfunctional professional football team in America.”

In announcing the book, Griffin said he will delve into the “medical mismanagement” of the knee injury that ended his outstanding rookie season in a playoff loss, as well as information about the sexual harassment scandal that continues to affect the team, and what he calls a “toxic environment” overseen by owner Daniel Snyder.

Robert Griffin III Dropping 'Explosive Tell-All' Book About 'Dysfunctional' Washington Football Team (theroot.com)

#6072 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 09:20 AM

The Ringer: What Is Taylor Heinicke’s Future With the Washington Football Team?

#6073 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 04:01 PM

Well, it was hilarious to laugh at how stupid Montez Sweat was in training camp, when he said he didn't have COVID so there was no reason to get the vaccine, but now something like half of the starting defense, including Sweat, is in COVID protocols at a pretty important time of the season.  Now it's not so funny.

#6074 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 07:35 PM

Well, it was hilarious to laugh at how stupid Montez Sweat was in training camp, when he said he didn't have COVID so there was no reason to get the vaccine, but now something like half of the starting defense, including Sweat, is in COVID protocols at a pretty important time of the season.  Now it's not so funny.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw he tested positive. Morons incapable of forward thinking couldn't fathom this happening. Well then it does and it quite possibly costs your team a win because they wouldn't do it.

@JeremyMStrain

#6075 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:50 AM

Washington now has 7 D-linemen on the COVID list, in addition to Chase Young already being out for the year.  I think they might only have 5 remaining DL on their roster.

#6076 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 09:27 AM

Why is it every single time Snyder gets put under the microscope or does something awful, an NFL coach gets fired spontaneously and takes all the coverage off him? It’s almost no way there is a coincidence.
@JeremyMStrain

#6077 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 December 2021 - 09:44 AM

Why is it every single time Snyder gets put under the microscope or does something awful, an NFL coach gets fired spontaneously and takes all the coverage off him? It’s almost no way there is a coincidence.

And Goodell game out swiftly to defend the most recent thing right away. Wouldn’t surprise me if whatever is in these emails implicates him too, or other high profile owners. There’s your answer. Billionaires always get away with it.

Just like how, according to the official record, Kraft never engaged in behavior that supported human trafficking.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#6078 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,671 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 09:55 AM

And Goodell game out swiftly to defend the most recent thing right away. Wouldn’t surprise me if whatever is in these emails implicates him too, or other high profile owners. There’s your answer. Billionaires always get away with it.

Just like how, according to the official record, Kraft never engaged in behavior that supported human trafficking.

Yeah it was crazy how quickly the Kraft stuff evaporated.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6079 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:15 AM

How did they not have a written report from the investigator last summer?  How is that possible?  She just summed everything up in a voicemail?

#6080 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:46 AM

As karma, their top 2 QB's are in COVID protocols this week, and it looks like some guy named Kyle Shurmur (of the football Shurmurs, I assume) might have to be the starter.  They also have 19 other players in COVID protocols, for a hugely important game against the Eagles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=