• Please log in to reply
6462 replies to this topic

#6081 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 December 2021 - 02:14 PM

As karma, their top 2 QB's are in COVID protocols this week, and it looks like some guy named Kyle Shurmur (of the football Shurmurs, I assume) might have to be the starter.  They also have 19 other players in COVID protocols, for a hugely important game against the Eagles.

Not karma. Karma would be Snyder's yacht sinking. Or them being audited by the IRS. Not a penalty to the fans, coaches and players.

It'd be like saying Jackson getting hurt is karma for something the Ravens owner did.

But I think Gilbert is going to be the starter (signed off the Patriots practice squad this morning) he was the one getting first team reps today in practice. Shurmur has been around a few weeks already, but he was more of a long term project when they signed him.

Supposedly they will get back like 80% of these players if they approve the new guidelines for vaccinated players today like they are talking about. Same thing in LA too, almost all of them asymptomatic and fully vaxxed.

@JeremyMStrain

#6082 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,381 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 02:19 PM

And Goodell game out swiftly to defend the most recent thing right away. Wouldn’t surprise me if whatever is in these emails implicates him too, or other high profile owners. There’s your answer. Billionaires always get away with it.

Just like how, according to the official record, Kraft never engaged in behavior that supported human trafficking.

Yep, that's basically the root of it, and I'm waiting for someone to file an antitrust suit about it. Worst kept secret in sports is that the NFL owners collaborate behind the scenes, and it's the good ol' boy system watching out for each other. I GUARANTEE you in the course of this investigation they are going to uncover ALL KINDS of emails that hang the NFL ownership on a variety of issues.

There's just NO WAY it's a coincidence that two high profile coaches get canned RIGHT as more stuff comes out about this investigation. And the fact like Mack said somehow the report was made to not exist, AND the NFL is willing to battle CONGRESS to keep things quiet.

I'm extremely interested in the WFT side of things cause I'm praying there's enough to have Snyder fired, but my guess is that there's so much dirt on so many other people, including Goodell and Snyder is the kinda person that would burn the whole sport down if he's forced out.

@JeremyMStrain

#6083 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:43 PM

The NFL moved Washington's game to Tuesday night.

#6084 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 04:04 PM

Yep, Gilbert is starting tonight.  Always good to start a QB who's been in the organization for 4 days in a must-win game.

#6085 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:19 PM

Yep, Gilbert is starting tonight.  Always good to start a QB who's been in the organization for 4 days in a must-win game.

Not too much of a choice.

#6086 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,381 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 03:25 PM

That was rough. They hung WAY tougher than I thought they would, but were just too short handed. Between what was out before the game and the like 5 players that went down during the game, there was just NO way.

@JeremyMStrain

#6087 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 08:51 AM

New name and logo coming on Feb 2.  Feel the excitement!

#6088 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:00 AM

New name and logo coming on Feb 2. Feel the excitement!

Groundhogs?
@BSLMikeRandall

#6089 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,381 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 10:46 AM

Groundhogs?

I’d take that over some of these other things. Snyder can’t do anything right.

I give it even odds we are the Washington Mr. Snyders come 2/2.
@JeremyMStrain

#6090 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

I am hoping for Redtails or Pigskins, but I am fully expecting something blasé like Commanders, Defenders, Legion, etc. 

#6091 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 January 2022 - 01:58 PM

https://twitter.com/...C3HXSeTmNA&s=19

#6092 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 04:09 PM

https://twitter.com/...C3HXSeTmNA&s=19

I think they should just keep Washington Football Team as the name. It has a bit of a European soccer feel to it. They need a logo though.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#6093 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,381 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 04:16 PM

I think they should just keep Washington Football Team as the name. It has a bit of a European soccer feel to it. They need a logo though.

I can't NOT see WTF when I see it. And it's appropriate...can't ever have nice things.

I was a big RedWolves fan, but admittedly a lot of the something with an R was just to be able to keep the HTTR.

I don't think Navy when I think of Washington, so Admirals or Commanders seems silly.

But at the end of the day, I think I'm really more upset that Snyder just REFUSES to pay the guy that trademarked all those potential names and will come up with something stupid not to. He's just that kinda egotistical. I was half serious when I said he'd just name them after himself.

@JeremyMStrain

#6094 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 04:37 PM

I'm good with keeping WFT.

#6095 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 05:04 PM

I can't NOT see WTF when I see it. And it's appropriate...can't ever have nice things.

I was a big RedWolves fan, but admittedly a lot of the something with an R was just to be able to keep the HTTR.

I don't think Navy when I think of Washington, so Admirals or Commanders seems silly.

But at the end of the day, I think I'm really more upset that Snyder just REFUSES to pay the guy that trademarked all those potential names and will come up with something stupid not to. He's just that kinda egotistical. I was half serious when I said he'd just name them after himself.

Yeah, I don't get the Admirals thing at all and to me the Washington Generals will always be the team the Globetrotters beat every other night.

I agree.

Pay the man for a decent name.

But I think you are correct.

He won't pay the guy and the team will have a really lame name.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#6096 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:20 AM

Not sure if Amber has any inside info or what.

My birdies are chirping. Hey #DMV thoughts on The Washington Admirals?

#6097 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:21 AM

My thoughts are it sucks.

The only military themed name I'd be cool with is Red Tails.

• JeremyStrain, 1970 and russsnyder like this

#6098 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:42 AM

Damn, that is terrible.  Washington Admirals.

I have a friend who thinks it is going to be Red Hogs.   Also awful, IMO.

@mikeghg

#6099 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,428 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:50 AM

Football Team is fine IMO

#6100 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:13 AM

Admirals would be the worst choice. Makes no sense. At least “Commanders”, though being lower ranking than Admiral, “Commander” in Chief is directly tied to Washington. Military bases and fleets have “commanding” officers. Where as Admirals is specifically just a rank.

I don’t like any of the proposed ones. Washington Monuments wouldn’t have been bad. There is one, and there are a lot of them in the city.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=