6462 replies to this topic

#6041 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:13 PM

I think they were fully ready to take one this year, but didn't want to pay the crazy prices, cause so many teams were trying to do the same thing. I can't really blame them logically. I mean yeah, I'd really like to have a good young QB. My entire lifetime QB here has been a black hole. A couple standout seasons here and there, (Brad Johnson, Kirk Cousins, Mark Rypien, Mark Brunell) but outside of a one off here and there...32 different starting QB since Rypien...meanwhile the Pats have had like 3 (not literally, but Bledsoe and Brady ate up a LOT of that time).

My theory watching them take a LB this year was, we did need a MLB, we got ate up there a bit last year, and if SO many teams were making moves last year to change the QB situation, then THIS year there should be a LOT less teams looking to do the same, so in THEORY that means it'd be way more cost effective to try to get one this year. But I guess we'll see. Chase Young was the right pick last year, but man Herbert is the TRUTH.

Who would have thought that Wilson would go on to do what he did, with Luck and RG3 having their issues and being drafted ahead of him.

Jeremy already talked about Cousins, that was a very stout choice and worked out well. Pisses me off, they let him go.

#6042 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:22 PM

Who would have thought that Wilson would go on to do what he did, with Luck and RG3 having their issues and being drafted ahead of him.

Jeremy already talked about Cousins, that was a very stout choice and worked out well. Pisses me off, they let him go.

It bothers me HOW they did it. But the fact they drafted two in the same year (again) shows how much disagreement there has been between football ops and ownership. Plenty of examples of this, Haskins was another.

But they LET it get to that point, and actually kind of MADE that situation happen. Poor evaluation of coaches (they let SO many good coaches get away), poor evaluation of talent...Snyder is like the worst call in radio fan in the world...and he gets to make decisions.

@JeremyMStrain

#6043 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:58 AM

ESPN ranks Washington's last 30 starting QB's:

As the Washington Football Team's QB quest enters Year 29, ESPN Analytics ranks its past 30 starters

#6044 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:16 AM

When McNabb in Washington is ranked that high, you know you've had some issues.  He was terrible.

#6045 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:47 AM

When McNabb in Washington is ranked that high, you know you've had some issues.  He was terrible.

Yeah, they had to dummy down the playbook, and give him an arm band with the plays, and even that was no assurance that he would call the right play, even with the dude in his ear piece talking to him.

#6046 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:08 PM

WFT gonna WFT (Vermillion is their head trainer).

Breaking: The Washington Football Team's training facility was searched by the DEA and Loudoun County on Friday, per source. Team statement: "Ryan Vermillion has been placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing criminal investigation that is unrelated to the team."

#6047 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:10 PM

ESPN ranks Washington's last 30 starting QB's:

As the Washington Football Team's QB quest enters Year 29, ESPN Analytics ranks its past 30 starters

Heinicke should move into the top ten after yesterday's game. LOL

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6048 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:44 PM

WFT gonna WFT (Vermillion is their head trainer).

Breaking: The Washington Football Team's training facility was searched by the DEA and Loudoun County on Friday, per source. Team statement: "Ryan Vermillion has been placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing criminal investigation that is unrelated to the team."

I guess Mrs. Snyder isn’t having much luck weeding out the bad apples.

#6049 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:50 PM

So the WFT just kind of randomly announced that, by the way, they're retiring Sean Taylor's number at Sunday's game.  Fans are kind of pissed that they only got three days' notice, and also that the WFT seems to be using the ceremony to distract from the Gruden e-mails.  So basically, business as usual for the WFT.

#6050 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:55 PM

Super obvious, yes.

But needs to be done, long overdue IMO.

#6051 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:01 PM

Washington has only retired two player's numbers - Sammy Baugh and Bobby Mitchell - so this is kind of a big deal.  Such a big deal, that you might think they would have publicized it more than three days in advance.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#6052 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:07 PM

What are the odds that there was a "break in case of scandal" glass box with all the plans for the Sean Taylor jersey retirement ceremony somewhere in their offices?

#6053 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:42 PM

For what it's worth, Ryan Clark noted that this has been in the works for at least three weeks, for this specific date.

Clark seems to be an upstanding guy with no reason to lie. Not saying he ISN'T lying, but...

#6054 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:53 PM

I don't buy that for a second. Not with their track record. Way too coincidental.

#6055 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:56 PM

The 3 day notuce thing does seem weird. Dont know how standard that is around tge league. For reference how long had we known Ngata was going into the ROH

#6056 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:36 PM

The 3 day notuce thing does seem weird. Dont know how standard that is around tge league. For reference how long had we known Ngata was going into the ROH

And only 10,000 commemorative towels, for a stadium with a capacity of 82,000. Zero notice to season ticket holders, etc. There's no chance in hell this isn't directly related to all the pressure this week.

What was for sure planned this weekend, was Alumni day. Some 80 former Washington players and coaches, including Taylor's father & son. But the number retiring 100% was a throw in this week. A throw in. Because you're under intense scrutiny. How sick is that?

#6057 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:11 AM

Bobby Mitchell's number retirement ceremony was announced three months ahead of time. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#6058 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:31 AM

The Ravens announced at the same time in March 2019 that Billick would go in that year, and Ngata in 2020. Pushed back to 2021 due to Covid.

However they announced the day Ngata would go in only on Sept. 28. 2 weeks notice seems short. But I'm not privy to how these things work. 

But it's an obvious deflection tactic by the the WFT. I hope they get raked over the coals for it. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#6059 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:49 AM

I mean at least Taylor has his number retired. What a horrible tragedy.
  • Mackus likes this

#6060 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:32 AM

The WFT has a new kicker, and his last name is Blewitt.

• Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=