6462 replies to this topic

#6021 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:00 PM

I’m not quite sure why any QB would want to play there.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6022 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:07 PM

When there are only 32 available jobs in the world, even the worst of the 32 can still be attractive.

#6023 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

Jake Russell on Twitter: "Taylor Heinicke is set to become the 32nd Washington quarterback to start a regular season game since the beginning of the 1993 season. https://t.co/vRYLuJPnHK" / Twitter

#6024 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 02:49 PM

When there are only 32 available jobs in the world, even the worst of the 32 can still be attractive.

Recent article I was reading, and there was 3 teams in the NFL considered worse than the WFT:

Jets / Chargers / Texans

Not sure how the Browns and the Bills missed that worse of list.

Its all perspective, everybody has a different opinion as they analyze data differently.

#6025 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 02:51 PM

Water (slide) gate?

Anthony on Twitter: "Did Ryan Fitzpatrick injure his hip on a water slide before Washington’s game against LA? Audio: https://t.co/P3w6Wee8mO" / Twitter

#6026 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:27 AM

Water (slide) gate?

Anthony on Twitter: "Did Ryan Fitzpatrick injure his hip on a water slide before Washington’s game against LA? Audio: https://t.co/P3w6Wee8mO" / Twitter

thats based on allegations of a fan that called into 106.7

It could be true, but wow. I think we need more evidence before we hang the guy for being an idiot.

#6027 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:27 PM

Depends on if you can separate the on field and off field crap.

ON field is fairly attractive right now. Great coach. Great young defense. Couple young key offensive pieces. Really missing a QB and maybe some OL depth?

OFF field is always a circus here. The Snyders are the worst.

@JeremyMStrain

#6028 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:30 PM

thats based on allegations of a fan that called into 106.7

It could be true, but wow. I think we need more evidence before we hang the guy for being an idiot.

Yeah no. Banging your hip on a water slide can give you a little bit of a stinger, it can't do what having 300lbs of Joey Bosa land on you will do.

If you watch the replay of the hit you see exactly where he did it. He was only 3/4 turned when he got hit, his hips were rotated towards his target, and all the weight came down there. Same situation where you usually see shoulder injuries, except in those it's the upper half of the body that's rotated and hits the ground first.

@JeremyMStrain

#6029 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:35 PM

Recent article I was reading, and there was 3 teams in the NFL considered worse than the WFT:

Jets / Chargers / Texans

Not sure how the Browns and the Bills missed that worse of list.

Its all perspective, everybody has a different opinion as they analyze data differently.

The Jets and Texans, I get. Also circuses of their own. Jets owner isn't a total tool like Texans or WFT, but seems like nothing he does works right.

The Browns are actually building a solid team, best RB combo in the league, good upper half of the league QB. They have some depth issues, and some core issues like both lines. But nothing that dooms them. The Bills are one of the best spots in the league right now, like the Chargers. Both have young, top 10, working on top 5 QB. Bills have added some smart key players recently, and have a real solid D. Chargers have good players on both sides, but probably need some more depth. One or two go out on defense and it's curtains for them. But Herbert is THE TRUTH.

The horrible job thing as a coach comes down to ownership, and there I'd put WFT as dead last in the league. But on the field wise, it's an attractive job cause personnel and coaching are really solid. But when you can't trust the owner not to fire you after a winning playoff season and start two decades of ineptitude...that's a problem. All of the owners that meddle are terrible positions.

@JeremyMStrain

#6030 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:30 PM

If he's only out 3 weeks, that's pretty good. 

Washington has a quality front 4.  If Fitzpatrick starts most of the year, and can be anywhere near average.... Washington has a good chance to win the East.

#6031 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 02:25 PM

ON field is fairly attractive right now. Great coach. Great young defense. Couple young key offensive pieces. Really missing a QB and maybe some OL depth?

Yeah I am talking on field. In recent memory you've had RGIII, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Kyle Allen and now Fitzpatrick all injured.

I know they may not be related to Fitzpatrick's injuries but it seems like DC is a place QBs go to get hurt, and badly.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6032 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:15 AM

Yeah I am talking on field. In recent memory you've had RGIII, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Kyle Allen and now Fitzpatrick all injured.

I know they may not be related to Fitzpatrick's injuries but it seems like DC is a place QBs go to get hurt, and badly.

Yeah...not wrong there. I mean, more nuanced than that, RG3 was destroyed by the awful FedEx turf. Colt got hurt on a hit on a run. Allen and Fitz both on hits behind the line, so one could question the OL, but that's going to happen in football. Probably more of a case of Karma insisting on a pound of flesh for dealing with Snyder.

If Taylor gets hurt behind the line too, I'll concede the point to you. He does like to run though, so he worries me sometimes there. I actually like him though, might take a little retooling of the offensive plan but I don't think they are dead in the water or anything. Especially if Fitz is ok by midseason.

@JeremyMStrain

#6033 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:36 AM

Here is my take.

Snyder sucks, and I will not argue that, at all.

I think Gibbs spoke with him, and had a good conversation about hiring good people and getting out of their way. Like Jack Kent Cooke Sr did and how he runs his NASCAR team.

Snyder seams to back off, but the problem that I there, he hung with Bruce Allen way too long. Gave him the reins, and he wasn't all that good.

Allen was a vast improvement over Vinny I know nothing about Football. :)

#6034 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:45 AM

They do have some real talent, especially on defense. I thought they would win the East pretty easily, but Dallas and maybe Philly could be there too.

It just seems like a snakebit organization, like the Orioles or the Browns. Regardless of how much they may improve, you're still ready for the other shoe to drop at any given moment.

#6035 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:50 AM

Snakebit implies that it's fate conspiring against them.  I guess that is the right term for the QB injuries.  All the other stuff is self-inflicted by ownership.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#6036 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:18 AM

Snakebit implies that it's fate conspiring against them.  I guess that is the right term for the QB injuries.  All the other stuff is self-inflicted by ownership.

QBs get hurt around the league, so much so, the NFL added a 3rd QB that can be dressed and available, If #1 and #2 get hurt and go down in the same game. Remember the Philly Bodybag game?

#6037 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:49 AM

I think they missed out not trading up for one of the QBs in this past draft.  Obviously trading up for RG3 didn't work out, but they seem to be a decent QB away from being a serious contender in the NFC.

#6038 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:47 PM

I think they missed out not trading up for one of the QBs in this past draft.  Obviously trading up for RG3 didn't work out, but they seem to be a decent QB away from being a serious contender in the NFC.

I think they were fully ready to take one this year, but didn't want to pay the crazy prices, cause so many teams were trying to do the same thing. I can't really blame them logically. I mean yeah, I'd really like to have a good young QB. My entire lifetime QB here has been a black hole. A couple standout seasons here and there, (Brad Johnson, Kirk Cousins, Mark Rypien, Mark Brunell) but outside of a one off here and there...32 different starting QB since Rypien...meanwhile the Pats have had like 3 (not literally, but Bledsoe and Brady ate up a LOT of that time).

My theory watching them take a LB this year was, we did need a MLB, we got ate up there a bit last year, and if SO many teams were making moves last year to change the QB situation, then THIS year there should be a LOT less teams looking to do the same, so in THEORY that means it'd be way more cost effective to try to get one this year. But I guess we'll see. Chase Young was the right pick last year, but man Herbert is the TRUTH.

@JeremyMStrain

#6039 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:54 PM

They do have some real talent, especially on defense. I thought they would win the East pretty easily, but Dallas and maybe Philly could be there too.

It just seems like a snakebit organization, like the Orioles or the Browns. Regardless of how much they may improve, you're still ready for the other shoe to drop at any given moment.

Imagine being a fan of the Orioles and the Football Team!

At least I have the Lakers.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#6040 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:56 PM

Imagine being a fan of the Orioles and the Football Team!

At least I have the Lakers.

Yeah but if they don't win next year, they'll officially be in a title drought too, by their standards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=