318 replies to this topic

#241 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:44 AM

Wait for Elliot's suspension to kick in and then trade Green for him?

#242 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

Wait for Elliot's suspension to kick in and then trade Green for him?

Just in time for Green's suspension to kick in too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#243 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

I doubt Green gets suspended, he was ejected in the first half which they take into account.  Even if he does, it'll just be 1 game max.

#244 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

Trade deadline is Wednesday... so I doubt anything of clarity will be handed down to Elliott by then.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#245 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

That's a bummer.  My league's deadline is the 18th.  I'm working hard on the Elliot owner ($49 keeper), who is #1 in points and in 2nd place overall, to try and work a trade for him.  Offering Ajayi ($20 keeper) and Robby Anderson.  I think it's a strong offer, enough present value to replace a lot of what is lost with Zeke's absence while also not being a complete disaster for him moving forward as Ajayi is a nice keeper with long-term value.

#246 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Up 7.54 points, he has Aaron Jones tonight. Not liking my chances.

#247 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

Trading Ajayi ($20) for Zeke ($49) is a deal I should make if I'm out of it and looking towards next year, right? 

Other parts involved but thats the heart of the deal.

#248 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Mackus, on 06 Nov 2017 - 10:29, said:
That's a bummer. My league's deadline is the 18th. I'm working hard on the Elliot owner ($49 keeper), who is #1 in points and in 2nd place overall, to try and work a trade for him. Offering Ajayi ($20 keeper) and Robby Anderson. I think it's a strong offer, enough present value to replace a lot of what is lost with Zeke's absence while also not being a complete disaster for him moving forward as Ajayi is a nice keeper with long-term value.

And they reinstall the suspension just a few hours after our trade deadline. Great. I could have made it work...I would have been willing to nuke my season this year to get Elliott for next year. He's pretty think at WR and I would have given him Green and Cooks.

#249 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

Trading Ajayi ($20) for Zeke ($49) is a deal I should make if I'm out of it and looking towards next year, right? 

Other parts involved but thats the heart of the deal.

How much would Zeke go for if he was a FA in the draft next year?

#250 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

How much would Zeke go for if he was a FA in the draft next year?

I'm guessing $65

#251 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

I anchored high and offered Ajayi and Robby Anderson for Zeke and $15 in future budget.  I don't think I'll get that much budget, but he responded to the initial offer (not with a counter, but with questions) so I think I've established that some money will come back with Zeke in the deal. 

Thinking I just gotta make sure I make the best offer.  Other bad teams have a few guys they could offer (Fournette $53, Evans $49, J.Jones $65), but I think Ajayi might be the best combo of current value and future keeper value.

#252 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

I'm guessing $65

I would make that trade.

#253 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Damn...he traded him for Leonard Fournette straight up instead. Fournette is a $53 keeper.

Not too crestfallen as I remain very high on Ajayi. But heading into a season with Beckham, Zeke, Johnson, and either Cook or Thomas would've been pretty damn great.

#254 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

I'm stuck with my team as is. I think Kamara and Cook would be a good pair of RBs heading into next season but I think Cook will be $37. A bit too expensive but I am high on him. I don't think I have any other keeper candidates unless Mixon or Darkwa busts out.

#255 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

So I've still got the #1 claim this week. Choosing between the following...who should I pick up?

Jamaal Williams

Samaje Perine

Austin Ekeler

#256 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

If Jones is gonna miss time, I'd burn the waiver on Williams.  Montgomery just got banged up a little bit again himself.  Not sure how much Williams will do given the disaster that is GB's offense, but it's late in the season so the value of the #1 waiver is dropping.  Might not be a better gamble to take the rest of the way than Williams.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#257 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

If Jones is gonna miss time, I'd burn the waiver on Williams.  Montgomery just got banged up a little bit again himself.  Not sure how much Williams will do given the disaster that is GB's offense, but it's late in the season so the value of the #1 waiver is dropping.  Might not be a better gamble to take the rest of the way than Williams.

Put in the claim for Williams. Looks like Kelley is headed to the IR. I already have Chris Thompson so that's great news for me. Do I also try to add Perine? At the expense of Williams?

#258 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

I wouldn't.  Kelley wasn't doing much of anything himself besides the occasional TD.  I doubt his replacement will match even the little that he was providing.

#259 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

Here's a fun one this week. 

PPR Flex spot: Danny Woodhead or Chris Thompson. I've also got Maclin, but think I'd start these two over him. Though I kind of feel like Maclin will be a 10-15 point PPR player the rest of the year. 

#260 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Here's a fun one this week. 

PPR Flex spot: Danny Woodhead or Chris Thompson. I've also got Maclin, but think I'd start these two over him. Though I kind of feel like Maclin will be a 10-15 point PPR player the rest of the year. 

Thompson and I don't think it's really close. Woodhead is a total unknown right now. Give it a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=