318 replies to this topic

#201 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Sorry if this isn’t the right thread, out of state and using my phone. I have Smith and Carr, who is back today. Normally an easy decision but the way Smith is playing it’s making me think. Carr is playing the Giants but coming off a back inkiry, Smith is playing the Steelers but has been one of the best QB’s all season. Leaning towards Smith, appreciate your input!

#202 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Smith. With a quality alternative, make Carr prove his health.

#203 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Going to get to 3-3 this week with a W, but only because the guy I played had the Raiders stack and I scored just 63 points.

Matt Ryan has been a bust for me. Flacco-esque. Problem is there's no one (Tyrod Taylor) available at QB. I thought about picking up Watson after his first big game and didn't. Kicking myself for not doing it. So what should I do? Roll with Ryan? Or try to make a trade for someone? Not that many good QB's out there either way and with Rodgers out for the year that thins the pool even further.

Going forward I'll need to start 2 of the following: Mixon, Kamara and Chris Thompson. Mixon will be my RB1 but who of Kamara and Thompson should I roll with? Kamara plays in the better offense, but Thompson has been a receiving beast all year. Sucks this is a non-PPR league.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#204 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

I have Jamis Winston, Aaron rodgers and Derek Carr as Qb's on 2 of my 3 teams. FML

#205 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,777 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Going to get to 3-3 this week with a W, but only because the guy I played had the Raiders stack and I scored just 63 points.

Matt Ryan has been a bust for me. Flacco-esque. Problem is there's no one (Tyrod Taylor) available at QB. I thought about picking up Watson after his first big game and didn't. Kicking myself for not doing it. So what should I do? Roll with Ryan? Or try to make a trade for someone? Not that many good QB's out there either way and with Rodgers out for the year that thins the pool even further.

Going forward I'll need to start 2 of the following: Mixon, Kamara and Chris Thompson. Mixon will be my RB1 but who of Kamara and Thompson should I roll with? Kamara plays in the better offense, but Thompson has been a receiving beast all year. Sucks this is a non-PPR league.

Yeah I have Matt Ryan as well and he's really been a disappointment as well for me.  I have Taylor as back up, but I'm tempted to use Ryan one more time against a crappy Pats D.

#206 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Need to start 2 out of Darkwa, Mixon, Kamara and Chris Thompson.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#207 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Need to start 2 out of Darkwa, Mixon, Kamara and Chris Thompson.

PPR?

I'd go with Darkwa and Kamara if not. But if it is, I'd lean towards Thompson and Kamara instead. 

Everyone keeps saying the talent is there with Mixon, but he's averaging 2.8 YPC this year. He may be getting more volume, but to me he hasn't proved he can do much with it. And he still hasn't topped 20 carries on the year. 

#208 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Guys, Denver's D Vs Chargers or Jags D Vs Indy?  Normally it is Broncos all day but Indy's offense is bad!

Also, from the putrid options, Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith.  Both options suck but due to injury and bye weeks these are my options for my 3rd WR.  

Thanks, Go Ravens.

#209 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Jacksonville

Torrey

#210 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

Jacksonville

Torrey

Thanks, that is what I planned but wanted to see if I was still hungover from last night.

#211 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

I have the top waiver spot this week.

There are no RBs available that I would use the top waiver for.

Kinda thin at WR3 now. I have Golden Tate (hurt) and Cobb and Matthews (both on bye and suck). I want to drop them for Richardson and Shuster-Smith.

Would you use top claim spot for either of them? Which would you take first, Richardson or JSS? Our pickins are slim as far as free agents and I need a WR3 this week.

#212 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Are you desperate for a win?

If not, then I'd hold onto the top waiver spot and hope that a season-changing player becomes available if there is an injury or major breakout.

If you are desperate, I'd gamble on Smith-Schuster over Richardson.  Bryant seems to be getting himself kicked off that team, and being the #2 in that offense could be valuable.  Richardson doesn't seem to have the upside to me.

#213 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Are you desperate for a win?

If not, then I'd hold onto the top waiver spot and hope that a season-changing player becomes available if there is an injury or major breakout.

If you are desperate, I'd gamble on Smith-Schuster over Richardson.  Bryant seems to be getting himself kicked off that team, and being the #2 in that offense could be valuable.  Richardson doesn't seem to have the upside to me.

I'm 4-3 and I need to keep pace for division. I'll think on it but I am leaning toward keeping the #1 spot.

#214 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I'd make the same call.  If you were 2-5 in a redraft league I'd jump.  But you're in good enough shape that I think the potential future value of the waiver spot is worth more than the benefit from either JuJu and especially Richardson.

Convince your league to switch to FAAB next year.  So much better!  :)

• Chris B likes this

#215 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Having switched into a few auction leagues and FAAB leagues this year, I've got to say, I like the format of both, much much better. 

I like JSS a bit more personally though and think with all the focus on Bell and Brown he's going to continue to get looks and opportunities.

If you have space and already have your own handcuffs guys it might be worth it. I'm potentially blowing the remainder of my FAAB budget in a league on JSS myself. If he scores say 5 more TDs the rest of this year, will you really find a better WR on the wrie than that even if an injury happens? 

#216 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Apparently, JSS is in the concussion protocol...

• NewMarketSean likes this

#217 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Apparently, JSS is in the concussion protocol...

Thanks for the heads up. I kinda need a WR this week so this could impact things.

#218 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Did JSS clear waivers? It looks like he did in several leagues and may be worth a bite now. He practiced Wed. And Bryant got benched. Seems like a scoop him up now moment to me...though he does have a bye looming. 

#219 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

He cleared waivers but someone snagged him when Rotoworld reported he was practicing. I got Richardson as a non-waiver addition. Probably starting ASJ over him though.

#220 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,777 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Started the year 0-3, barely one in week four with a pathetic 67-65 victory.  Now about to go to 4-4 and based on byes  and matchups I have a decent chance in my next 3 games.  Now that I've said that, watch me lose all 3 of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=