318 replies to this topic

#221 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Had Paul Richardson on the bench. Started ASJ who looks like he had another TD called back, so he got me 1 point.

Up 23 with my opponent having Chiefs D and Tyreek Hill tonight. I don't like my chances.

Also, my players had 4 fumbles yesterday. -8 points.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#222 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

I lost by one point, partially due to getting a -2 from Chris Thompson's fumble on ST. For some reason, our players can get hit for turnovers on ST, but we don't get any of their points for yardage or TD's. Bullshit if you ask me. I am demanding that rule is changed next year.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#223 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

I lost by one point, partially due to getting a -2 from Chris Thompson's fumble on ST. For some reason, our players can get hit for turnovers on ST, but we don't get any of their points for yardage or TD's. Bullshit if you ask me. I am demanding that rule is changed next year.

Maybe it's different on ESPN, but I don't think Yahoo!'s settings are that customizable.  A fumble loss is the same stat whether it was on a return, run, pass attempt, or reception.  You can set it up so players get credit for return yards and touchdowns, though.  I actually prefer that and going with only team defense stats rather than D/ST.

#224 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Maybe it's different on ESPN, but I don't think Yahoo!'s settings are that customizable.  A fumble loss is the same stat whether it was on a return, run, pass attempt, or reception.  You can set it up so players get credit for return yards and touchdowns, though.  I actually prefer that and going with only team defense stats rather than D/ST.

Yeah, we have it set up so it is only D not D/ST. Allows for more scoring opportunities from WR/RBs. It's been a big hit in our league since we incorporated it way back when.

#225 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Just a lot of bad luck this week. It's amazing how that can happen in FF so often. Poor coaching decisions, my team loses 4 fumbles, one of which was the ST fumble, which ultimately lost me the game. Also uncanny how your players can't ALL play well. It's usually the ones on the bench who go off, while the ones in your line up who shit the bed.

Oh and Mixon fucking sucks. He was supposed to be great? He sucks. Couldn't even run on the Colts.

#226 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

The Ringer: Fantasy Playbook: The Dark-Horse Breakout Candidates for the NFL’s Second Half

#227 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

Jamison Crowder @ Sea

or

Corey Davis @ Bal

#228 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Jamison Crowder @ Sea

or

Corey Davis @ Bal

This is Davis' first start, right?

I'd go with Crowder.

#229 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Alex Collins or Chris Thompson?

#230 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

This is Davis' first start, right?

I'd go with Crowder.

First in a while.  He went 6/69 in the first week on 10 targets.  Got hurt very early in Week 2 and been out since.

Crowder is questionable currently, hasn't practiced yet, and plays at 4pm compared to 1pm for Davis.  If I go with Crowder and then he's inactive, I could sub in Matt Breida also playing at 4pm.

#231 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Alex Collins or Chris Thompson?

Collins in standard.

Thompson in PPR.

#232 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

Crowder is fighting a hamstring injury, doesn't look great that he'll play. But right now, I'm not trusing WRs against the Ravens defense. I bet the Titans have some trick plays up their sleeve this week and I feel like the sneaky play right now is Jonnu Smith. Who is going to score on some ridiculous TD where Jefferson forgets to cover him while staring at the RB. Davis or Crowder might be a lose lose choice where you have to play Crowder if he's healthy. 

I'll say I like Collins in both formats slightly more than Collins. The Ravens threw to him twice last week, very successfully, and they have to stop running the ball with Buck Allen at FB at some point right? Am I the only that thinks that's ridiculous? 

#233 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hilton, Fitzgerald, and Darkwa...pick 2.  Non-PPR.

#234 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hilton and Darkwa.

#235 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

That's a tough one, between Hilton and Fitz. Fitz has a solid matchup. And the Niners are super banged up on defense. But both guys have been boom or bust. I'd lean Fitz, but Hilton feels like he's due for a monster game himself. 

#236 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Dude in a league of mine started Kelvin Benjamin last night. He was inactive, now he's trying to get the commish to take him out of his lineup.

Crying that because it was a Thursday he should get a pass because people work all week and aren't likely to keep up until the weekend.

Even cried "texting and driving is dangerous. I'm not adjusting my lineup in the car."

GTFO. Texting and driving is one thing. But a few taps to adjust your lineup is no different than a few taps on the GPS to get you where you need to go.
@BSLMikeRandall

#237 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Yeah I agree. If you've got someone going on Thursday, you are responsible for checking if they are active. A bit different with Benjamin getting traded to a team playing on Thursday, but the trade was 2 days earier.

Only thing that would make me reconsider is if he was out of the country or something and had asked beforehand that the commish or someone monitor his preset lineups for any injuries or whatever and adjust if needed.

#238 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Corey Davis rest of season?

#239 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

My first win!  I punted the season back in Week 4 due to injuries, trading away anyone I can that could bring back improved future value, but it's nice to finally get a win in my money keeper league.  I got a win against someone currently holding a playoff spot, too, so fun to play spoiler.  Next year I'll be sitting pretty with stud keepers and about 30% extra auction budget to get back on top.

#240 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Losing by 20 with Tate tonight. So another L. AJ Green getting ejected didn't help. 4-5 and starting to wonder if I should just try to snag another solid keeper. Already feeling OK with Kamara and Dalvin Cook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=