• SamKuhn likes this

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

Screw it, never too early to start talking FF -- especially with the O's heading down the crapper.

Looking at my team and thinking of keeping the following players in a dynasty auction league...$180 cap to draft with.

No Brainers: Zeke $64

Thinking Bout it: Matt Ryan $10, Brandin Cooks $32

Maybe, but probably not: Demaryius Thomas $32, DeSean Jackson $6, Richard Matthews $6, CJ Prosise $6

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

Anyone you can trade Zeke to?  Get back multiple guys who aren't as good but have more overall value.  I hate tying up that much money into one keeper, even a stud like Zeke.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Zeke for Lamar Miller & Edelman? 

I'd roll with a Patriots stack in that scenario. Keep Cooks too and find a way to get Brady.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

I probably wouldn't do that, unless they cost half as much to keep as Zeke does himself.  I think you need to a guy in the back-end of the top 10 at both WR and RB for Zeke who also cost less combined than Zeke.  I'd put Miller outside the top 10 at RB and Edelman outside the top 20 at WR.  On the other than, over a third of your pool is ton to spend even for the best RB (not sure I like Zeke over Bell or Johnson, but I do think he's the safest bet of the three).  How many players usually get kept in your league?

I'd look for something like Gurley and Bryant.  Buy low candidates.  Though they may be expensive keepers, no idea how things work in your league.  Maybe if someone is down on Beckham or Hopkins? 

I do like Cooks at $32.  I wouldn't keep Demaryius for that amount.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

I probably wouldn't do that, unless they cost half as much to keep as Zeke does himself.  I think you need to a guy in the back-end of the top 10 at both WR and RB for Zeke who also cost less combined than Zeke.  I'd put Miller outside the top 10 at RB and Edelman outside the top 20 at WR.  On the other than, over a third of your pool is ton to spend even for the best RB (not sure I like Zeke over Bell or Johnson, but I do think he's the safest bet of the three).  How many players usually get kept in your league?

I'd look for something like Gurley and Bryant.  Buy low candidates.  Though they may be expensive keepers, no idea how things work in your league.  Maybe if someone is down on Beckham or Hopkins? 

I do like Cooks at $32.  I wouldn't keep Demaryius for that amount.

A lot of players get kept. We can keep up to 3 per team, so...usually around 28-32 players are kept.

I think I'll roll with Ryan, Zeke and Cooks. A lot of salary there but Ryan at $10 is value.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

I've got pretty obvious choices in my money keeper league.  I'm coming off the championship and I love my odds of repeating.  Gonna keep:

Antonio Brown ($42)

Odell Beckham ($30)

David Johnson ($20)

Jay Ajayi ($10)

Gonna go fishing and see if anyone will send me some auction dollars for Rob Gronkowski ($55) or Julian Edelman ($32) but they are expensive.  Don't see anyone giving me anything for Keenan Allen ($41), Jonathan Stewart ($46), or Devontae Booker ($11).

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

What is that a 6 team league?

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

Twelve!  I've built a juggernaut.

Traded a big haul (Dez, Kelce, someone else I'm forgetting, and cash) to get Johnson before last season to a team that had Johnson and nobody else worth keeping.  Got ODB as a free agent his rookie year when somebody dropped him while he was injured, before he broke out.  I've had Brown since before he was a star as well.  Ajayi I picked up as a free agent last year right before he broke out.  Traded Carlos Hyde ($20 keep), Travis Eifert ($11 keep) and some 2017 auction dollars to a team that was way out of it for Gronk last year the week before he got hurt.  He put up a zero for me that week and then was on the bench the rest of the year...so they aren't all winners, but I'm doing quite well overall.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

CBS Sports: 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Prep: Industry 12-team PPR mock draft
http://www.cbssports...ppr-mock-draft/

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

CBS Sports: 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Prep: Training Camp Believe It or Not 1.0, with star turns from Ty Montgomery and Christian McCaffrey
https://www.cbssport...tian-mccaffrey/

#12 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Have my draft on the 19th. Picking 7th, which means I likely get one of Evans, Jones, or OBJ in round 1,  assuming the 3 RB's and Antonio Brown go top 4.

#13 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

So my first draft is this Saturday (due to various owners being unavailable later this month).

I've got the third pick.  Bell and  Johnson are going 1 and 2 in some order.

Do I risk taking Zeke?  Given how slow the NFL is moving on this I would imagine that there is either:

a) more to this story than we know

b) they've decided not to suspend and they are trying to figure out how to do damage control

Either way, I need to decide soon.

My thought is, the most he gets is two games, which means, worst case, I need to make sure I get his handcuff and bite the bullet for two weeks.  I truly believe Zeke is the best fantasy player around (and will win MVP this year if he plays all 16 games).

So, I'm 90% there, can someone push me the last 10% or talk me out of this?

Thanks!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Serious question because I've done no research yet. Who are the other options to go 3?

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

So my first draft is this Saturday (due to various owners being unavailable later this month).

I've got the third pick.  Bell and  Johnson are going 1 and 2 in some order.

Do I risk taking Zeke?  Given how slow the NFL is moving on this I would imagine that there is either:

a) more to this story than we know

b) they've decided not to suspend and they are trying to figure out how to do damage control

Either way, I need to decide soon.

My thought is, the most he gets is two games, which means, worst case, I need to make sure I get his handcuff and bite the bullet for two weeks.  I truly believe Zeke is the best fantasy player around (and will win MVP this year if he plays all 16 games).

So, I'm 90% there, can someone push me the last 10% or talk me out of this?

Thanks!

I'm in a similar bind. I can keep him for $64 but if he's suspended I likely won't. I could also trade him. I just wish the NFL would shit or get off the pot on this and if this is from the thing that happened before he was even drafted, and no charges came out of it, why the hell would they even suspend him?

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Serious question because I've done no research yet. Who are the other options to go?

One of the big receivers:  Brown, Jones Beckham or Evans.

After the first three RBs there is a drop off to guys like McCoy and Gordon. 

@bopper33

#17 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

I'm in a similar bind. I can keep him for $64 but if he's suspended I likely won't. I could also trade him. I just wish the NFL would shit or get off the pot on this and if this is from the thing that happened before he was even drafted, and no charges came out of it, why the hell would they even suspend him?

No idea.  Why does the NFL do half the shit they do?

Anyway, not sure when your deadline is.  I would imagine we will find out sooner rather than later what the situation is because the Cowboys will actually need to prepare accordingly.  I'm just getting screwed over because our draft is so early this year. 

@bopper33

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

I'm not in tune with what's potentially going on with a suspension so keep that in mind. I will say that when hes on the field I think he's the easy pick at #3. Exiting last year he was my #1 player heading into '17. Last year I took Johnson with the #4 pick when that was considered high for him. This year I'm moving him outside the Top 5. I'm leery of the injury he suffered last year, the workload, and the lack of talent around him.

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

No idea.  Why does the NFL do half the shit they do?

Anyway, not sure when your deadline is.  I would imagine we will find out sooner rather than later what the situation is because the Cowboys will actually need to prepare accordingly.  I'm just getting screwed over because our draft is so early this year. 

Yeah I have until the 26th. This shit better be over by then.

I would go with Brown if you're worried about Zeke but I would still take him at #3. And that's IF he's there.

#20 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

I would still take Zeke at 3 at this point in time. And honestly I think you can live with a 2-game suspension. Aside from Al Morris (his backup), you could also try to get Jacquizz Rodgers or Jeremy McNichols from Tampa (since Doug Martin is serving his own suspension).

If we find out it's a bigger suspension (let's say 4), I would probably go with Antonio Brown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=