352 replies to this topic

#261 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,778 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 08:37 AM

Go show him the Bryan Reynolds contract and see what he says.

• BobPhelan, Mike B and BSLRoseKatz like this

#262 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 May 2023 - 10:13 PM

Go show him the Bryan Reynolds contract and see what he says.

He would probably say “that sure is an interesting contract Bryan Reynolds has here!”
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#263 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 11:03 PM

I dont like 7 more years for Ced. Would pay him more annually for 5 yrs. 

#264 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2023 - 12:58 PM

Ced is 28 right now, so 5 years seems right.  I have a suspicion he is traded before Team Cheap resigns him, but I hope I am wrong. 

@mikeghg

#265 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2023 - 01:04 PM

He would probably say “that sure is an interesting contract Bryan Reynolds has here!”

He would also say, "GFL getting John Angelos' signature on something like that."

#266 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 May 2023 - 01:08 PM

He would also say, "GFL getting John Angelos' signature on something like that."

I mean how pathetic is it that we're making this dig with the example used being a contract given out by freaking Bob Nutting? So frustrating that we're in this situation.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#267 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2023 - 01:20 PM

I mean how pathetic is it that we're making this dig with the example used being a contract given out by freaking Bob Nutting? So frustrating that we're in this situation.

We're definitely in rare company. I hate to think about it, but just imagine if John Fisher opens up his wallet when the A's get to Vegas.

#268 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:29 PM

Right abductor groin strain.

#269 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:39 PM

Grade 1: 2-4 weeks

Grade 2: 2-3 months

Grade 3: 4 months

#270 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:04 PM

Hope Cowser can get healthy quick. It's his time.

#271 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:24 PM

This sucks...big time.

#272 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,778 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:28 PM

Major loss, hope it's on the shorter end. McKenna until Cowser is ready. Hays is not a CF, IMO.
  • makoman likes this

#273 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:40 PM

Really too bad, this is probably the worst loss we could have besides Adley as far as being replaceable. Also too bad that Cowser got hurt at the same time. Don't really want McKenna playing every day and no one else on the roster should be playing CF every day. Hopefully Cowser or Haskin can come up shortly. If not they could do Hays in CF and bring up Stowers, which is definitely not ideal.

#274 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:27 PM

Could be wrong but I think Stowers is hurt too. I think it will be Daz Cameron in the short term. McKenna the starter.

#275 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:54 PM

Cowser is reported to be ready and should be in Baltimore to replace Mullins. Can't waste games starting guys like McKenna long term.

#276 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:27 PM

Cowser has to get ABs. Hes not doing a rehab assignment in the bigs to start his career. My goodness man.

#277 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:40 PM

Cowser has to get ABs. Hes not doing a rehab assignment in the bigs to start his career. My goodness man.

How long of a rehab assignment must a minor leaguer partake in before he's ready to continue thrashing AAA pitching? 

Snark aside, what if Mullins is out until after the ASB? Hays needs to be in LF. McKenna is a significant downgrade from Mullins in CF, and the less we see of Santander in RF the better. 

#278 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:43 PM

How long of a rehab assignment must a minor leaguer partake in before he's ready to continue thrashing AAA pitching?

Snark aside, what if Mullins is out until after the ASB? Hays needs to be in LF. McKenna is a significant downgrade from Mullins in CF, and the less we see of Santander in RF the better.

Cowser will be up at some point but not for at min a week after he finally returns. McKenna or Haskin or Cameron is the answer internally. Have to hope its grade 1 and hes back by the AS break

#279 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:52 PM

Cowser will be up at some point but not for at min a week after he finally returns. McKenna or Haskin or Cameron is the answer internally. Have to hope its grade 1 and hes back by the AS break

Thanks. That may be the route they go...If Cowser is in fact up within the week, it could be deemed trial by fire, but if he has some success? That means when Mullins is back their starting OF could very well be Hays > Mullins > Cowser. Or flip Cowser and Hays re: arm strength (Cowser's a 55 grade, whereas Hays was 60 back in 2016)...

#280 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:55 PM

Thanks. That may be the route they go...If Cowser is in fact up within the week, it could be deemed trial by fire, but if he has some success? That means when Mullins is back their starting OF could very well be Hays > Mullins > Cowser. Or flip Cowser and Hays re: arm strength (Cowser's a 55 grade, whereas Hays was 60 back in 2016)...

I would think Cowser will play LF and Hays RF. But Im not 100% sure they will call Cowser up after he gets his legs back under him after the layoff. That seems like the ideal thing to do but I guess it will depend on how long Ced is out and how well McKenna is playing
  • makoman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=