369 replies to this topic

#361 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 23 May 2024 - 03:32 PM

Have said for awhile that I think Ced may now be a below league avg bat but hes not this bad. You stick with him. He needs to get back up to being a 90 OPS+ guy.

#362 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 May 2024 - 05:01 PM

Have said for awhile that I think Ced may now be a below league avg bat but hes not this bad. You stick with him. He needs to get back up to being a 90 OPS+ guy.

Ok but the question is how long? Another 2 weeks? Another month? Till right before the trade deadline? Till we fall out of the race?  Its not like this has just been a couple of weeks.

#363 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 May 2024 - 05:43 PM

It hurts my soul to see Ced be the scapegoat. He really has been bad, so I can understand it to a degree, but I’ve always loved the guy. Hope he figures it out.

#364 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 May 2024 - 05:49 PM

It hurts my soul to see Ced be the scapegoat. He really has been bad, so I can understand it to a degree, but I’ve always loved the guy. Hope he figures it out.

I don't think scapegoat is a very accurate term. Plenty of negative comments toward Hays and Santander too. Just that Ced has been the worst for the longest. But it IS sad to see. He's just an all around good guy to have on the team but not if he cant perform even just below average.

#365 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 23 May 2024 - 06:29 PM

Ok but the question is how long? Another 2 weeks? Another month? Till right before the trade deadline? Till we fall out of the race? Its not like this has just been a couple of weeks.

Trade deadline, IMO. There aren't any internal answers unless Cowser or Mateo can take over CF both of which I doubt.

Of course if he stays like a pitcher at the plate, that accelerates. But he's in jeopardy if he can't hit much above 600.

#366 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 23 May 2024 - 06:33 PM

Trade deadline, IMO. There aren't any internal answers unless Cowser or Mateo can take over CF both of which I doubt.

Yeah at least another month. Even if Cowser can play a passable CF there is still the issue of who plays LF

#367 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 06:22 AM

6/21, couple doubles, couple walks for Mullins this week. Add 2/4 with a 3B if you include the game prior. Nothing major but first ok stretch from him in a while, hopefully he's getting past the deep funk.
  • BobPhelan and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#368 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 June 2024 - 09:36 AM

.816 OPS in June after going 2-for-3 with a homer yesterday

• NewMarketSean likes this

#369 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 June 2024 - 10:27 AM

.816 OPS in June after going 2-for-3 with a homer yesterday

Confidence is a wonderful thing.  

@mikeghg

#370 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 September 2024 - 05:00 PM

Jon Meoli on Cedric from his most recent O's Banner newsletter:

He entered June batting .185 with a .557 OPS and a wRC+ of 56, well below the league-average of 100. He was striking out in 25.7% of his plate appearances with just a 5.1% walk rate. But Mullins has been much better since then, and the improvement came  at a time when the Orioles needed it. He’s hitting .260 since June 1, with a .791 OPS and a 127 wRC+, a 16.8% strikeout rate and a 9.2% walk rate. Since the All-Star break, it’s an .846 OPS, a 13.8% walk rate with a 16.3% strikeout rate, and a 145 wRC+.

He had a 20.3% whiff rate before June 1, and it’s been 19.3% since then, but there’s also been some changes to his quality of contact. Since June 1, Mullins has hit the ball on the ground just 24.8% of the time, down from 38.1%. That’s corresponded with a pretty meaningful drop in his average exit velocity and hard-hit rate (85.1 mph and 29.1%, down from 88.7 mph and 37.3% before June 1), though his actual and expected stats are much better since that dip.

While Orioles coaches didn’t give Mullins an explicit directive to elevate the ball, much of their work in that time focused on his load, and how he gathered his weight to move forward in his swing. When Mullins is right, he naturally hits the ball in the air more.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=