186 replies to this topic

#61 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

I may be seeing it twice in a row tomorrow.  I got tickets to an earlier show...

#62 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Just got tickets to take the girls Sunday morning. Hey girls, do you want to go to Sunday School, or go see Star Wars? They didn't think long.

• BobPhelan and fishteacher like this
@JeremyMStrain

#63 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Just got tickets to take the girls Sunday morning. Hey girls, do you want to go to Sunday School, or go see Star Wars? They didn't think long.

Consider it religious instruction.
@DJ_McCann

#64 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

The Force will be with them.  Always.

• fishteacher likes this

#65 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

It's funny, the priest a couple years ago made a clever Star Wars referenced homily, but made a logical error trying to tie it in too closely and started my oldest on the road away from being Catholic. 2+2 didn't equal 4, and she caught it quick. Once you've got that doubt...that's it.

@JeremyMStrain

#66 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,591 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

If I’m lucky enough to be off work Monday I’m going. Otherwise I’ll have to try to sneak a showing in Sunday or wait a week.

#67 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

It's funny, the priest a couple years ago made a clever Star Wars referenced homily, but made a logical error trying to tie it in too closely and started my oldest on the road away from being Catholic. 2+2 didn't equal 4, and she caught it quick. Once you've got that doubt...that's it.

Welcome her to the dark side.

#68 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

My tix are for Friday night. I coulda gone Thursday, but the premier theater in our region was booked for that night.

As it is, I’m on the front row in the corner. :(

#69 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

Two years later I still don't like TFA.   Reviews have been good for Last Jedi, but the scores were good for TFA as well.  Having said that, the buzz and the look of this one seems to be better.  I'm hoping that's the case.  Not sure yet when I'll be seeing it though.

#70 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening

http://deadline.com/...iew-1202225082/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#71 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Anyone else seeing it tonight?  I'm like a kid on christmas morning....a puppy with 2 peeters...The Orioles with good pitching...The Ravens with....nevermind, you get the picture!  LOL!

May the force be with us all!

• Dupin likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#72 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening

http://deadline.com/...iew-1202225082/

It shouldn't even be in question that this movie is making over a billion.

#73 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Going tomorrow afternoon -- simply cannot wait. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#74 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Post any movie discussion here with spoilers. Don’t read unless you’ve seen the film or don’t care about spoilers.

Thanks!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#75 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Going on Sat afternoon.

Btw, these reserved seating websites are so dumb.

Tried to buy tickets at Cinemark..the times weren’t sold out but there were no more reserved seats..it wouldn’t let me buy tickets because it kept saying I had to reserve the seats but I couldn’t.

#76 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

It's good, but it's not great.  Rogue One and Episode 7 were much better movies.  It was probably half of what I wanted and half of what the hell are you thinking.

#77 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

Haven't seen it but I love spoilers. LOL Here's what I gathered from my friends and Reddit. Please let me know if I'm off here.
  • Not sure how I feel about Han Solo dying at the end of The Force Awakens and Luke dying at the end of The Last Jedi. It seems like going back to the well one too many times.
  • After all this speculation about Snoke, he just turns out to be some random jackass with no backstory? And he's killed to boot!? Seriously!?!?
  • At least there's no Jar-Jar! That already makes this film better than the prequels. ;)

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#78 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

Haven't seen it but I love spoilers. LOL Here's what I gathered from my friends and Reddit. Please let me know if I'm off here.

• Not sure how I feel about Han Solo dying at the end of The Force Awakens and Luke dying at the end of The Last Jedi. It seems like going back to the well one too many times.
  • After all this speculation about Snoke, he just turns out to be some random jackass with no backstory? And he's killed to boot!? Seriously!?!?
  • At least there's no Jar-Jar! That already makes this film better than the prequels. ;)

Oh come on, if you didn't see that one coming a MILE away. Obi-Wan...then Yoda...it was pretty obvious that one was coming, it was just about HOW.

Yeah cause everyone is looking for that BIG BAD. Kylo Ren is the footsoldier, the Vader maybe, but there's no big guy behind the scenes yet...I'm actually surprised they didn't go with the knights of Ren.

• ChaosLex likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#79 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

It's good, but it's not great.  Rogue One and Episode 7 were much better movies.  It was probably half of what I wanted and half of what the hell are you thinking.

Uh oh, I am firmly in the group who thinks episode 7 was vastly overrated and I thought Rogue One was okay but nothing great.  So if this one isn't as good as either of them, I may just wait until it comes out on Blueray.

#80 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

I have seen some reviews on twitter from random people that really liked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=