536 replies to this topic

#381 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

Uncharted 4 was an amazing game. First one in the series I've played. Highly recommend an indie game called 'Inside'. It's on sale on PSN for $6.99 right now. Very simple but creative gameplay, beautiful graphics.
  That was almost enough to get me to swear off my PS embargo. I'm a huge Uncharted fan. God of War, Zero Horizon and Nioh are all tempting too.
Xbox exclusives look terrible right now but I'm sure Scorpio will bring some good stuff. I wanted to play Ori and the Blind Forest but I also needed to get the new MLB the Show so that's why I went with PS4. Ori is available on Steam if I am so inclined.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#382 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Gonna start podcasting about video games about once a month to go along with movies (Redbox has games too!). Heres our first attempt, I thought it was a fun show.

http://theredboxrepo...ted-2017-games/

BTW, my username is TheRedboxReport on PSN if anyone wants to add me.

#383 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Mass Effect is now available.  Reviews are a bit mixed for this one.   I've already bought it and downloaded it, so I'm looking forward to playing for a bit tonight.  At the rate I play, I'll be surprised if I get past the character creation...

#384 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Mass Effect is now available.  Reviews are a bit mixed for this one.   I've already bought it and downloaded it, so I'm looking forward to playing for a bit tonight.  At the rate I play, I'll be surprised if I get past the character creation...

Lol, mine is in the mail from Gamefly as we speak.

@JeremyMStrain

#385 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

According to a text message, mine is sitting in my mailbox from Amazon....

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#386 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

According to a text message, mine is sitting in my mailbox from Amazon....

Just got mine out of the mail.  Snuck home for lunch to install it, so I should be go once I'm off work.

As long as it's an interesting sci-fi story I'll be satisfied, I wasn't expecting it to meet the highs of ME2 (one of my 3 favorite games of all time).  Remember, this is closer to what they actually wanted to do with Mass Effect, they just didn't have the system resources to expand on everything in ME1 so they focused on certain aspects in ME2.

#387 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

The complaints of reviewers are completely legitimate, but I am hooked.  I love being a part of this world.

Seriously though, the auto-cover system is an abomination.  Luckily Tactical Cloak+Sniper Rifle is still beastly.

#388 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

The complaints of reviewers are completely legitimate, but I am hooked.  I love being a part of this world.

Seriously though, the auto-cover system is an abomination.  Luckily Tactical Cloak+Sniper Rifle is still beastly.

Ohhhh sounds like my kind of setup. Hoping mine is here tomorrow.

@JeremyMStrain

#389 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

Anyone playing Bullet Force? It's in the App Store or Google Play.  A fun FPS online shooter with tons of weapons and add-ons. Designed by a 16 year old kid, too. Really fun.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#390 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

• Russ likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#391 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Anyone play Hearthstone? Getting back into it after 15 or so months away. Highly recommend it for anyone that needs a new addiction. I'm not very good but I'm Dhamon22#1654 on there if anyone wants to add me.

#392 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

At long last, end of the line for the Sony PlayStation 3

Shipments have stopped in Japan for the PS3, which outlived its original planned 10-year lifespan.

https://www.cnet.com...-playstation-3/

#393 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

Microsoft just announced they will be bringing backwards compatibility for some of the original 2001 Xbox games to the Xbox One later this year. This puts it ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4, which does not offer a similar feature.

http://www.businessi...paign=buffer-ti

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Microsoft Corp in its bid to fend off class action claims by Xbox 360 owners who said the popular videogame console gouges discs because of a design defect.

The court, in a 8-0 ruling, overturned a 2015 decision by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that allowed console owners to appeal the dismissal of their class action lawsuit by a federal judge in Seattle in 2012.

http://www.yenisafak...n-fight-2717211

#394 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Microsoft just announced they will be bringing backwards compatibility for some of the original 2001 Xbox games to the Xbox One later this year. This puts it ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4, which does not offer a similar feature.

http://www.businessi...paign=buffer-ti

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Microsoft Corp in its bid to fend off class action claims by Xbox 360 owners who said the popular videogame console gouges discs because of a design defect.

The court, in a 8-0 ruling, overturned a 2015 decision by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that allowed console owners to appeal the dismissal of their class action lawsuit by a federal judge in Seattle in 2012.

http://www.yenisafak...n-fight-2717211

Man that sucks, cause it's absolutely true. But I guess being true and winning in court aren't the same thing.

@JeremyMStrain

#395 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Some cool stuff at E3 this year but I'm really looking forward to Sony's press conference tonight.
  • Mark Carver likes this

#396 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

If you have three hours to waste we did a deep dive into this year's E3. http://theredboxreport.com/208-e3-2017
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#397 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

It looks like Nintendo's making a miniature, inexpensive version of the original Nintendo 64 console

nintendo-64-wcontroller-l.jpg

http://www.businessi...rademark-2017-7

#398 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'd probably get that, depending on games it comes with.  I'd like to beat some of the games I never did in my childhood, when I was less hardcore.  Donkey Kong 64 comes to mind.

#399 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

Could be interesting to see where they take this...

4K remaster of the original... and AoE2 and AoE3 will get the same treatment.

#400 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=