• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I know it's kinda offseason for them, but the new Spiderman game out next week is supposed to be close to Batman Arkham City, which was fantastic.

Also in Aug the new Transformers game is coming out, and Duffman and I will be all over that one, BTW Steve, there's a new trailer on XBL right now that might make you pee a little. One word...MetroPlex.
@JeremyMStrain

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

I haven't bought a new game since Heavy Rain but I started playing the original Suikoden on PSN last week. Never played it the first time around but Suikoden 3 is one of my favorite RPGs ever. I know the second one is the most renowned but its not available on PSN, hope I get a chance to play one day.

I've had Final Fantasy 12 for PS2 sitting in my cabinet unplayed for a few years now. I think I'm gonna give that a shot once I'm done with Suikoden.

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

I haven't bought a new game since Heavy Rain but I started playing the original Suikoden on PSN last week. Never played it the first time around but Suikoden 3 is one of my favorite RPGs ever. I know the second one is the most renowned but its not available on PSN, hope I get a chance to play one day.

I've had Final Fantasy 12 for PS2 sitting in my cabinet unplayed for a few years now. I think I'm gonna give that a shot once I'm done with Suikoden.

I do the same thing where I get games, have no time to play them and get back to them a year or two later. My 3 year old has really taken to gaming though, so most of my free gaming time has gone to her stuff.

STILL playing Kingdoms of Amular...I'll beat it one of these days so I can move back to Skyrim.
@JeremyMStrain

#4 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

12 is a good game. Probably the last good FF.
It's not as amazing like the earlier ones, but it's a really in-depth game that is very tough. I recommend playing it once however you like, and then applying restrictions on certain skills and items to use.

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Top 5 RPGs:

1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Breath of Fire 3
3. Suikoden 3
4. Final Fantasy 10
5. Final Fantasy 9
5a. Chrono Trigger

AS - I feel like I'm getting old. I love reading about all the new games but I personally enjoy playing the older simpler games myself. Just don't have the time that it takes to get good at games any more. JRPGs and Sports games are basically what I'm down to.

TB - I'm looking forward to giving 12 a go. Suikoden seems like it shouldn't take me too long to finish, pretty straight forward.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, I pick and choose now, I love action RPGs, and some of the big title games, but I HATE multi online anymore. I've really slowed down this past year I think.

You'd love the cache of SNES games I found while pulling out my old SNES for the 3 year old:
Earthbound (2 copies)
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Ys
Chrono Trigger
Lufia 1 and 2
FF 2 and 3

and more.
@JeremyMStrain

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thats awesome. Classic era of RPGs. I can't wait to do the same when my daughter is old enough to play.

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thats awesome. Classic era of RPGs. I can't wait to do the same when my daughter is old enough to play.

She's into Mario right now, and can play the more simple and classic games on the Wii, but I tried her with Super Mario World and she did pretty good. Trying to find my old Mario Kart but no luck yet.
@JeremyMStrain

#9 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, I pick and choose now, I love action RPGs, and some of the big title games, but I HATE multi online anymore. I've really slowed down this past year I think.

You'd love the cache of SNES games I found while pulling out my old SNES for the 3 year old:
Earthbound (2 copies)
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Ys
Chrono Trigger
Lufia 1 and 2
FF 2 and 3

and more.

I loved the Breath of Fire series!
@bings012

#10 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

I loved the Breath of Fire series!

I never played the second one but the first and third were great, especially the third. I didn't like the fourth one once they went 3D. Maybe I should give it another chance.

#11 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Extended Cut for ME3 comes out today and it's free! I really didn't have any beef with the original ending but I'll be interested to see what they come up with for this.

#12 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anybody put extra hard drive space in your PS3. I heard it's relatively easy to do but just seeing if anybody has done it.

#13 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Anybody put extra hard drive space in your PS3. I heard it's relatively easy to do but just seeing if anybody has done it.

It's not that difficult from what I hear.

Although you could easily just get an external hard drive and make it SO much easier.

I also just stream stuff from my computer with ease (and a good connection!)

#14 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Extremely easy.
@JeremyMStrain

#15 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I've pretty much whittled my gaming down to OOTP Baseball, Civilization and occasionally a jump back into SimCity.

#16 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

It's not that difficult from what I hear.

Although you could easily just get an external hard drive and make it SO much easier.

I also just stream stuff from my computer with ease (and a good connection!)

Extremely easy.

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to subscribe to PSN network. Right now they got like 6 or 7 solid games for free if you are a member ( Infamous 2, Lttle Big Planet 2, Rachet and Clank, etc). Any of you take advantage of it??? The thing is they are all pretty big downloads so I'll need the space on my hard drive as I've only got like 15 GB left on my 80 GB PS3.

Also, do you know how much an additional 100-150 GB will cost??

Thanks

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

You can google to see which HD work with PS3, they are just internal laptop HD, so you can get a huge one pretty cheap online, you just need to double check which models work with your PS3 model. My friend and I put like a 320g in his a couple years back, it was cake. The compatabilities and prices change all the time so you'll have to look them up though. Like Tucker said though, an external HDD through USB works just as well.
@JeremyMStrain

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

I've pretty much whittled my gaming down to OOTP Baseball, Civilization and occasionally a jump back into SimCity.

How are the O's faring in OOTP?

#19 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to subscribe to PSN network. Right now they got like 6 or 7 solid games for free if you are a member ( Infamous 2, Lttle Big Planet 2, Rachet and Clank, etc). Any of you take advantage of it??? The thing is they are all pretty big downloads so I'll need the space on my hard drive as I've only got like 15 GB left on my 80 GB PS3.

Also, do you know how much an additional 100-150 GB will cost??

Thanks

I'm not a big fan of the infamous series (but they are also not my type of game). My friends really like them.
Little big planet is fun.

#20 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

How are the O's faring in OOTP?

Haven't started them in the new one yet. I'm trying to build a plan for a long-term, historical, relegation-style universe. Not that easy :lol:

I probably will soon, though. Always fun to see where the team finishes in relation to the real world, and if I can do better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=