#341 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

I just beat Gears solo. Loved it but painfully obvious it's part one of a series. Dabbled in Horde mode a little bit, it's pretty fun.

I'm about halfway through Act 3 so I should be able to finish it fairly soon.  Looking forward to Horde mode as well.

I enjoyed and played the first 3, so I knew I would probably like this one and would be able to hop right in without worrying about a learning curve.

#342 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'm about halfway through Act 3 so I should be able to finish it fairly soon.  Looking forward to Horde mode as well.

I enjoyed and played the first 3, so I knew I would probably like this one and would be able to hop right in without worrying about a learning curve.

Same here, took me an act to get used to reloading with RB again, but it came pretty natural. You're probably seeing it right now, but what threw me is that they programmed some of the AI to play like PvP instead of just run out and get shot, I was like man, it feels like I'm playing other people.

@JeremyMStrain

#343 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

Same here, took me an act to get used to reloading with RB again, but it came pretty natural. You're probably seeing it right now, but what threw me is that they programmed some of the AI to play like PvP instead of just run out and get shot, I was like man, it feels like I'm playing other people.

Agreed, the AI is certainly more believable in this one.  There's also a nice mix of new enemies.  Those guardian (the flying) robots are a pain in the ass to deal with.   Those pouncer's can take a lot of damage too.

#344 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

Agreed, the AI is certainly more believable in this one.  There's also a nice mix of new enemies.  Those guardian (the flying) robots are a pain in the ass to deal with.   Those pouncer's can take a lot of damage too.

Ugh, the pouncers are the WORST. In Horde they mix and match all of them, so it gets a bit out of control sometimes.

@JeremyMStrain

#345 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Video game consoles I've owned...

1) Mattel Intellivision and that came out in 1979 (looked it up).

2) Sega Genesis

3) Microsoft Xbox

4) Microsoft Xbox 360

Almost bought a PS4. I had pre-ordered it but canceled in the end. I haven't touched a Xbox 360 for years. Now I do video gaming on a PC... last games played was Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#346 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

Video game consoles I've owned...

1) Mattel Intellivision and that came out in 1979 (looked it up).
2) Sega Genesis
3) Microsoft Xbox
4) Microsoft Xbox 360

Almost bought a PS4. I had pre-ordered it but canceled in the end. I haven't touched a Xbox 360 for years. Now I do video gaming on a PC... last games played was Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

I have a One and I'll get a PS4, but I'm mostly a PC gamer as well. Better graphics and frame rates, better experience. The Witcher 3 is so gorgeous at ultra settings.

#347 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#348 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

Battlefield 1 is really good. When the multiplayer servers are up. The campaign is really intense, if you're the kind of person who can get engrossed in a game.

Also have Titanfall 2. Multiplayer is great. More fun than BF but not as intense.

#349 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

We're a week away from N7 Day, this is when BioWare will be unveiling a new trailer and possibly new info on the next Mass Effect game.

• Dupin likes this

#350 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,499 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Highsnobiety: SEGA Genesis Is Officially Back in Production

#351 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

We're a week away from N7 Day, this is when BioWare will be unveiling a new trailer and possibly new info on the next Mass Effect game.

Oh yes, I am in.

• DuffMan likes this

#352 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

#353 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Battlefield 1 is fun as shit.

#354 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

Oh yes, I am in.

March 21st release date.

@JeremyMStrain

#355 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

It's a really sad day for me. My girls are playing online with their cousin on my xbox one, and I'm going to have to buy them one to get them off of mine I think. Ugh.

@JeremyMStrain

#356 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

March 21st release date.

Amazon has it at $48 for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.c...ass+effect&th=1

• JeremyStrain likes this

#357 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,561 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

It's a really sad day for me. My girls are playing online with their cousin on my xbox one, and I'm going to have to buy them one to get them off of mine I think. Ugh.

Sad day? I'd celebrate that they are now at that point. That's awesome!

#358 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

For Prime members only, I believe.  Buying games from them, I think I paid for at least half of the yearly fee.

#359 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

That's that prime pre-order for you. 20% off any new game if you preorder it, it's the best!

@JeremyMStrain

#360 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Sad day? I'd celebrate that they are now at that point. That's awesome!

It wouldn't be bad if they didn't keep taking over MY xbox to do it. I actually think I'm going to go buy the 7 year old her own used xbox one for her birthday (turning 8 tomorrow). Cause then I can play games online with her from across the room if I want, and she can play with her cousin and her friends too without taking over my tv.

We play some hack n slash games like dynasty warriors together, some of the LEGO games, and like Marvel Ultimate Alliance already, cause we can split screen, but opening it up to any game would be pretty cool, and if she split screens with her sister, I can play with both of them, and their cousin. Yeah. I think I just talked myself into it.

@JeremyMStrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=