536 replies to this topic

#361 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Took 5 years for my anger to subside over Mass Effect 3's piss poor ending.  I'm going through it to finish off my PC play through of the trilogy.  I remember digging it up until the end, but I must've been drinking the kool-aid up to that point.  There are some flaws to the game I didn't notice before, and it lacks the in depth character progression of the previous entries.  The entire thing feels very rushed, and the busy work quests really conflict with the "Oh crap we're under attack" vibe.  It's still good, but it's vastly inferior to ME2 (which is in my top 3 favorite games of all time).

#362 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

The Ringer: The Nintendo Switch Is Still Missing One Key Ingredient
https://theringer.co...c87a#.c3w7wlf7s

#363 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

Picked up a 144 MHz monitor for my 980 TI rig... huge difference in FPS. I'm actually decent now.

#364 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#365 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

In other news, Marvel is partnering with Square Enix to make video games based on their characters.   First game to be released is titled "The Avengers Project"  although there isn't any info into about what the game is about or style of game.

• BobPhelan likes this

#366 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

In other news, Marvel is partnering with Square Enix to make video games based on their characters.   First game to be released is titled "The Avengers Project"  although there isn't any info into about what the game is about or style of game.

Hopefully a JRPG.

#367 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Xbox Head Phil Spencer Open To Idea Of Xbox 360 Games On PC Via Backwards Compatibility

http://www.tomshardw...y-pc,33605.html

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#368 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

Finally convinced my wife to let me buy a PS4 last night. Any game suggestions? I played some of Ori and the Blind Forest and it seemed very good. Is PS Plus worth it for the free monthly games?

#369 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

Finally convinced my wife to let me buy a PS4 last night. Any game suggestions? I played some of Ori and the Blind Forest and it seemed very good. Is PS Plus worth it for the free monthly games?

I don't have a PS4, but Groupon has a 12 month subscription of PS Plus for $45 which ends 2/10. I checked Ebay and the $45 is a very good price.

https://www.groupon....p://www.ign.com

• BobPhelan likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#370 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

I don't have a PS4, but Groupon has a 12 month subscription of PS Plus for $45 which ends 2/10. I checked Ebay and the $45 is a very good price.   https://www.groupon....p://www.ign.com
Thanks Mark that's a 25% savings.

#371 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

Just got an NES Classic for list price using the Amazon Prime Now app. It's supposedly arriving this afternoon.

#372 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

I still have both my original NES and SNES and will hook 'em up from time to time.  It seems the nostalgia-angle lasts for 30-60 mins before I turn it off.  That said, those 30-60 minutes are pretty fun.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#373 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Yeah I wear out fast too. It's still fun and most of those NES games are hard. Been playing castlevania for 30 years and I don't think I've ever beaten the Grim Reaper.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#374 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Uncharted 4 was an amazing game. First one in the series I've played. Highly recommend an indie game called 'Inside'. It's on sale on PSN for $6.99 right now. Very simple but creative gameplay, beautiful graphics.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#375 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Uncharted 4 was an amazing game. First one in the series I've played. Highly recommend an indie game called 'Inside'. It's on sale on PSN for $6.99 right now. Very simple but creative gameplay, beautiful graphics.

I'd get the remastered collection and at least playthrough the first three on easy.  I enjoy the stories, but 1 and parts of 3 were rough gameplay wise.  The Last of Us is still their masterpiece.

• BobPhelan likes this

#376 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

I tried to play the first one on PlayStation Now but like you said, pretty rough. I do plan on playing The Last of Us but Horizon Zero Dawn and The Show 17 are right around the corner.

#377 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

Reviews came back very strong for Horizon Zero Dawn.  I have been considering spending my tax return on a PS4 Pro, there's definitely enough to play now.

• BobPhelan likes this

#378 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

That was almost enough to get me to swear off my PS embargo. I'm a huge Uncharted fan. God of War, Zero Horizon and Nioh are all tempting too.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#379 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

I still have both my original NES and SNES and will hook 'em up from time to time.  It seems the nostalgia-angle lasts for 30-60 mins before I turn it off.  That said, those 30-60 minutes are pretty fun.

Yep, it was fun for about 30 minutes.  I'm sure I'll break it out from time to time, but I'm definitely glad that I only paid $60, and not the $150 third party sellers are charging.

#380 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Has anyone played "For Honor"?  The combat is supposed to be pretty inovating, and new IP's are always a good thing.  I'm a bit hesitant though, b/c my gaming time isn't much and I'm not sure if I want to get pwnd in online play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=