536 replies to this topic

#421 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

Anyone here buy OOTP baseball regularly. Im debating whether to reinstall OOTP15 or go ahead and buy the latest version which is 19. Any thoughts? Have enough improvements been made the last 4 years to warrant a purchase?

Trying to see if you can do better than DD? :)

@BSLMikeRandall

#422 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Trying to see if you can do better than DD? :)

At least once a year there will be like a 2 or 3 week window where I install the game and play it like crazy.

PS...DD wouldnt even win a trade on OOTPB and its bad CPU trade logic

#423 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

At least once a year there will be like a 2 or 3 week window where I install the game and play it like crazy.

PS...m DD couldnt even win a trade on OOTPB and its bad CPU trade logic

I do the same thing with games like that. Play it non-stop at every opportunity for a while and then burn out and stop completely until the next urge to play comes months later. There’s an MMA sim in the same vein.

I played 18 last year and it was pretty great.

#424 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:06 PM

What the...!

PlayStation just announced that due to a new “amusement tax,” any person with a billing address in Chicago will have to pay a 9 percent tax on essentially anything purchased through PlayStation, Steam, and other online services. That’s right, you can now be taxed for having fun in the privacy of your own home, and gamers are outraged.

Many cities have a so-called “amusement tax,” including cities in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Tennessee, Florida, and Wisconsin. But most states focus on taxing things like arcade games or music venues. The tax imposed in Chicago specifically targets digital media, such as the games themselves or access to participation (such as PlayStation Plus).

http://thefederalist...-amusement-tax/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#425 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

What the...!

http://thefederalist...-amusement-tax/

The people who are "outraged" by this are probably going to be the same ones "outraged" when localities began enforcing sales tax regulations on Amazon.

@DJ_McCann

#426 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

Morrowind is free, through March 31, to celebrate The Elder Scrolls’ 25th anniversary - PC version is available through Bethesda’s online storefront

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Elder Scrolls franchise, Bethesda is giving away the Windows PC version of The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. The offer is valid through Sunday, March 31, and requires a login at Bethesda.net. Simply redeem the code “TES25TH-MORROWIND” to have the game added to your account.

https://www.polygon....5th-anniversary

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#427 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:50 AM

Iron Man VR coming to PSVR later this year. Depending on reviews it might be the thing that finally gets me to buy one.

#428 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

I had the original...

Sega Genesis Mini, Sega, Universal, Black, $80 (available 9/23)

83147919-fa74-4082-afba-578df2abf853_1.d

The iconic SEGA Genesis console that defined a generation of gaming returns in a slick, miniaturized unit. The SEGA Genesis Mini console is loaded with 40 legendary games and is plug and play ready right out of the box! Games will be announced in four waves of 10 games.

Miniature SEGA Genesis replica; Includes 40 legendary games; Plug and play ready; First wave of games include:
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • Toe Jam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

#429 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

Madden 2020, Lamar Jackson is a unstoppable scrambler... and Justin Tucker too (@ 1:35 mark)!

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#430 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:35 PM

#431 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

Anyone playing The Last of Us Part 2? Loving it so far 7-8 hours in.

#432 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Was a fan of the first game. I'm looking forward to playing Part 2. Likely will buy after the first price drop.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#433 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:04 PM

Without giving spoilers, what was opinion of the story? Apparently that's where there is controversy with a lot of the player base.

#434 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

Without giving spoilers, what was opinion of the story? Apparently that's where there is controversy with a lot of the player base.

I’m about halfway through (apparently it’s a 25-30 hour game), just got to the “twist” that has people upset. I think it’s just gamers not used to storytelling that isn’t A to B to C etc. I love it. Has me stoked to see the HBO adaptation. I think it has potential to be their darker, better version of The Walking Dead.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#435 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:46 PM

Has anyone tried managing a full season of a team on OOTP? I've been using the Reds because I liked their offseason move and it's been fun. 

she/her

#436 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone tried managing a full season of a team on OOTP? I've been using the Reds because I liked their offseason move and it's been fun.

I always play fictional.

#437 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

I always play fictional.

I've tried that before but can't get attached to an entire group of made up players

she/her

#438 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:50 PM

I've tried that before but can't get attached to an entire group of made up players

It doesn’t really work unless you play out all your games. In my experience anyway.

#439 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:45 AM

AV Club: Best Games of 2020 So Far
https://games.avclub...4439.1594561174

#440 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:56 AM

The Last of Us Part 2 is a masterpiece. Animal Crossing is great addictive fun that came out at the perfect time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=