474 replies to this topic

#121 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

Talking Saul afterwards was good as well.

What do the they talk about on there? No spoilers or anything is there? I caught 10 seconds of it that my dvr picked up.
@BSLMikeRandall

#122 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

Talking Saul afterwards was good as well.

What do the they talk about on there? No spoilers or anything is there? I caught 10 seconds of it that my dvr picked up.

20% of the quality you'll be able to get from a good recap podcast. But those things are obviously successful, they keep doing them.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#123 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

Squat cobbler.

@DJ_McCann

#124 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

No idea how Gilligan even came up with that. Hilarious.

#125 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

No idea how Gilligan even came up with that. Hilarious.

http://www.hitfix.co...-saul-scene-yet

Odenkirk came up with the pie sitting thing and said it needs a ridiculous sex name.

• Mike in STL likes this

#126 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

They're too early in the season for Jimmy to get canned from Davis & Main, right?

I'm assuming this is going to be a "one warning" kind of thing, and he'll do something bad later in the season to get let go and set events in motion.

@DJ_McCann

#127 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

So, bottom line:  Do you actually like Saul?  Or do you think he's mainly just a weasel who gets in entertaining predicaments?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#128 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

So, bottom line:  Do you actually like Saul?  Or do you think he's mainly just a weasel who gets in entertaining predicaments?

I think most people would have answered the latter coming out of Breaking Bad.

Now, though, the writers are showing how hard he's worked to change his place in the world, and how the people around him are affecting that for both better and worse, and he's becoming more overtly likable as a character instead of just amusing.

• BobPhelan, RShack and Mike in STL like this
@DJ_McCann

#129 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

I like Jimmy a lot. I find myself enjoying his schtick when someone else is the patsy (everything in Cicero, tequila with Kenwins, and even the pie squatter thing) but cringe in hopes that he stop sabotaging himself when his schemes clearly will inevitably lead to his demise as a legit law man (running the commercial without approval, lying to Kim).

I feel the opposite with Mike. I'm eagerly awaiting him going all in as a fixer for underworld criminal types. Somewhat related, are we supposed to think his daughter-in-law was lying about the gunshots to get money for a move out of Mike?

#130 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

I like Jimmy a lot. I find myself enjoying his schtick when someone else is the patsy (everything in Cicero, tequila with Kenwins, and even the pie squatter thing) but cringe in hopes that he stop sabotaging himself when his schemes clearly will inevitably lead to his demise as a legit law man (running the commercial without approval, lying to Kim).

I feel the opposite with Mike. I'm eagerly awaiting him going all in as a fixer for underworld criminal types. Somewhat related, are we supposed to think his daughter-in-law was lying about the gunshots to get money for a move out of Mike?

I'm pretty sure we are. That why she demanded he not stay the night. I'm not sure why, though; I don't remember that much about her part in last season's story.

@DJ_McCann

#131 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:09 PM

Anyone else get the feeling Mike is going going to get involved with Gus soon?
@BSLMikeRandall

#132 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

I was thinking this as I was watching this episode.

I saw an interview with Gilligan and he said that in the beginning, he was worried it would take too long to get to Saul Goodman.

Now he says maybe it will be too quick because he likes the Jimmy character.

He's a scumbag now and it's great. This show is just going to keep growing and growing.

I would guess something between him and Kim will be the final straw to push him over the edge.

#133 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,890 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

I think we'll see Mike do more of the "next level" dirty work we saw him doing as Gus' guy for another boss (Nacho it looks like for the immediate future) before hooking up with Gus.  Maybe Gus gets teased at the end of this season.  We still haven't seen Mike's "fall" to a murder-for-hire type criminal.  We've seen him murder for personal revenge, and we've seen him work for criminals, but as you see at the end of this episode, there is definitely a bit of a line in the sand for him of being paid to murder.  I think he crosses that line over the remaining parts of this season, perhaps very soon here for Nacho, but I think he'll need to be well across that line before he goes to work for Gus.  Gus wouldn't hire any fledgling henchman, IMO, even several years back when he is still getting going (do we have any idea of the relative timing of current Better Call Saul compared to the flashbacks with Don Eladio in Breaking Bad? I've been assuming this stuff occurs well after that which means Gus' restaurant chain is already well established).

• Mike in STL likes this

#134 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,890 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

I would guess something between him and Kim will be the final straw to push him over the edge.

Definitely agree here.  I imagine he'll lose most everything else - the Sandpiper case, the Davis&Main job, probably come just short of being disbarred - but still have Kim and then he'll do one more shady thing (perhaps some sort of revenge thing against Chuck, if Chuck is involved with causing Jimmy to lose the good law things he has going on now) that causes her to finally sever ties with him and that will be the final perceived injustice that gets him to become Saul fulltime. 

And it will be something big.  I think it's important that in the Omaha flash-forward to start this second season, he didn't write "J.M. was here", he wrote "S.G. was here".  Once he goes Saul, I think Jimmy is dead and he won't ever be tempted to go back to caring about others.

#135 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Definitely agree here. I imagine he'll lose most everything else - the Sandpiper case, the Davis&Main job, probably come just short of being disbarred - but still have Kim and then he'll do one more shady thing (perhaps some sort of revenge thing against Chuck, if Chuck is involved with causing Jimmy to lose the good law things he has going on now) that causes her to finally sever ties with him and that will be the final perceived injustice that gets him to become Saul fulltime.

And it will be something big. I think it's important that in the Omaha flash-forward to start this second season, he didn't write "J.M. was here", he wrote "S.G. was here". Once he goes Saul, I think Jimmy is dead and he won't ever be tempted to go back to caring about others.

Was just getting ready to say that about SG initials. Whatever happened, it was big. Jimmy McGill is dead.

Nacho will be an interesting character to follow. He was never seen in Breaking Bad, but assumed is alive. Saul referenced him when Walt and Jesse kidnapped him.

#136 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

Were they using the stair lift as the camera dolly in Saul's commercial?

• tennOsfan likes this

#137 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

Yea

#138 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

Were they using the stair lift as the camera dolly in Saul's commercial?

Oh yeah. That was the funniest part of the episode.

@DJ_McCann

#139 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

I was going to just post an image of Mike's face from last night, but apparently nobody on the internet had the stomach to make a screencap.

@DJ_McCann

#140 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,890 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

Tampico is the name-o.

The truck in the parking lot before they showed Krazy8 was one of the first easter eggs I've caught on this show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=