474 replies to this topic

#461 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 09:53 AM

I'd happily watch an El Camino-type movie about Kim working in the legal aid office.

#462 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 10:20 AM

Ironic that Jimmy is the only one to serve (serious) time for the events depicted in BB and BCS. And he snitched on himself to get 87 years when he could have had 7 in a country club federal prison.

I would have rather seen the show end with Jimmy setting up a Saul-like network within the prison. I don't believe he finally had a come to Jesus moment and gave up scheming. It didn't really ring true to me.

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#463 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 10:58 AM

Well if we're doing spoilers...

The ending could be viewed one of two ways. At least, my wife and I saw it differently.

Kim lies to meet Jimmy in jail. She backslides from living an honest life (a life of boredom as we've seen). They light up a cigarette like old times. We all wanted to see Kim make it in the end. But I feel like this means her days are now conjugal visits with Jimmy for the rest of her life. That's not what I want for her.

My wife saw it simply as closure. That visit was going to be the only visit.

They don't tell you one way or another. Kind of leave it up to you. I think Kim was turned on by Jimmy's smooth talking and negotiating from life in prison plus 190 years (Or whatever it was) all the way down to 7 years. She's obviously itching to practice law again by her actions in the episode. If there was another season, I think the next step is she gets back in the game and tries to get Jimmy out.

I like your ending.

I lean to your wife's line of thinking. I think Kim used her old bar card to visit him one last time. I think she'll help out at legal aid while she works her 9 to 5.

But yeah, they do leave it up to you.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#464 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 12:17 PM

Ironic that Jimmy is the only one to serve (serious) time for the events depicted in BB and BCS. And he snitched on himself to get 87 years when he could have had 7 in a country club federal prison.

I would have rather seen the show end with Jimmy setting up a Saul-like network within the prison. I don't believe he finally had a come to Jesus moment and gave up scheming. It didn't really ring true to me.

Did for me.  Kim was the only person he couldn't hurt... and after he had yelled at her to turn herself in (not believing she would)... it profoundly hit him. 

There is always so much attention with the last episode / last moments of great shows... and I get it...  we're all invested in how these stories end....  but however you feel about this ending...  the show was truly great, and I'll miss it. 

This is the golden age of tv.... but even in that golden age, BCS reached heights not touched by many.   

For me, it's right up there with The Americans as a personal favorite. 

• Mike in STL and russsnyder like this

#465 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 01:07 PM

I'd happily watch an El Camino-type movie about Kim working in the legal aid office.

They kept hinting at a later connection there throughout the season. She worked out of the El Camino mexican restaurant often. She was in front of the Alaskan Airlines sign at the airport, before they showed us it was Albuquerque. 

But connecting her and Pinkman would have be forcing something that made no sense. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#466 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 01:31 PM

The Ringer: ‘Better Call Saul’ Ends With a Poetic Verdict on Love and Regret

#467 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 02:15 PM

Did for me. Kim was the only person he couldn't hurt... and after he had yelled at her to turn herself in (not believing she would)... it profoundly hit him.

There is always so much attention with the last episode / last moments of great shows... and I get it... we're all invested in how these stories end.... but however you feel about this ending... the show was truly great, and I'll miss it.

This is the golden age of tv.... but even in that golden age, BCS reached heights not touched by many.

For me, it's right up there with The Americans as a personal favorite.

Yep. (LOL)

Jimmy loved Kim unconditionally.

She set the redemption wheels in motion when she gave her confession about Howard's death.

#468 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 02:19 PM

They kept hinting at a later connection there throughout the season. She worked out of the El Camino mexican restaurant often. She was in front of the Alaskan Airlines sign at the airport, before they showed us it was Albuquerque. 

But connecting her and Pinkman would have be forcing something that made no sense. 

I didn't mean that they would team up, I just meant a Kim solo movie like how El Camino was a Jesse solo movie.

#469 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 August 2022 - 11:09 AM

Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad/El Camino is, I think, the best run of TV in "one universe" that I've ever seen. What's that, 14 years of pretty consistent greatness? Can any other TV series compare to that?

(I know that I'm in the minority but with the ability to stick the landing, which I thought they did, I'd put BCS over BB. Not by much, but I would.)

#470 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 12:09 PM

(I know that I'm in the minority but with the ability to stick the landing, which I thought they did, I'd put BCS over BB. Not by much, but I would.)

Yeah, for me BCS is also the superior show vs. BB.

#471 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 12:21 PM

I am a big fan of both but Ive concluded its BB for me.

#472 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 06:04 PM

Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad/El Camino is, I think, the best run of TV in "one universe" that I've ever seen. What's that, 14 years of pretty consistent greatness? Can any other TV series compare to that?

I give the slight edge to BB.

I will say I think that Episode 12 of this season of BCS may have been the best television I have ever seen.

I really didn't like El Camino.

I think Jesse's fate would have been better left to one's imagination and fat Todd made the show seem ridiculous. I'm surprised he bought only one pizza after those guys buried the cleaning lady.

#473 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 09:50 PM

BB for sure. BCS was an amazing show I just think it stayed at the party a little too long.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#474 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 August 2022 - 05:30 AM

Breaking Bad was a shot of whiskey, BCS was a glass of wine. Think I lean BB slightly.

#475 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 03:03 PM

Wait, so the entire character of Mike was invented only because Bob Odenkirk was busy that week filming a guest spot on How I met Your Mother?

'Better Call Saul' character Mike Ehrmantraut wouldn't exist without 'How I Met Your Mother': Bob Odenkirk – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

• Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=