• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#421 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is going to end up either. However, I see the perfect storm brewing with Howard's PI, Mike's guys, and perhaps the cartel following Jimmy and Kim.

Clearly Kim figures to notice and dismiss Howard's PI.

• russsnyder likes this

#422 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 10:02 AM

The last two weeks support my argument that this show went on too long. Is this season 6? This should have been four seasons long. Great show, but it does feel like they’ve taken a long time to tell a story where not all that much happens.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#423 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 02:33 AM

Looks like Kim making that U turn was her taking the "Bad Choice Road."
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#424 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:41 AM

Holy shit!

@fuzydunlop

#425 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:45 AM

Yeah, that was a shocking turn of events.

I was feeling bad for Howard the past few episodes and freaking Lalo shows up. Now, I'm really pissed at Jimmy/Saul & Kim.

#426 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 07:46 AM

The Ringer: ‘Better Call Saul’ Is Officially a Show About the Cartel

#427 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 10:06 PM

I don’t know how I feel about that end.

I’m also very much not interested in the cartel story anymore with 7 hours left to go, and having still not entered the BB, nor Gene universe.

Spoiler alert: Gus and Mike live and the lab gets built.

Start next season with Lalo, Jimmy and Kim having their talk. Wrap up the cartel stuff. Then it should be a Jimmy/Saul/Gene whirlwind for 6 episodes.
@BSLMikeRandall

#428 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:00 AM

Whirlwind. LOL. That is obviously not what this show is.

Great show, great moments, etc but it’s not a break neck show like BB was. That’s for sure.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#429 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:21 PM

I think it's a superior show to BB, agree with it not being break neck. 

Am interested to see Gene since they've shown glimpses of that world repeatedly. 

Obviously interested to see what happens with Kim.   

Are you expecting a Gene / Kim scene to end things?

#430 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:00 PM

Whirlwind. LOL. That is obviously not what this show is.

Great show, great moments, etc but it’s not a break neck show like BB was. That’s for sure.

It could pick up the pace. We didn’t need 10 minutes of following Lalo through the sewer, truck stop shower, taking a nap, back through the sewer, when there is nothing at stake with him, Gus, Mike, etc. Gus’ guys and lab make it. Put a bow on the cartel stuff, and I just want it to be the Jimmy/Saul/Gene and Kim show for the last six episodes. Enter that BB territory where it is a whirlwind.
@BSLMikeRandall

#431 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 04:43 AM

I think it's a superior show to BB, agree with it not being break neck.

Am interested to see Gene since they've shown glimpses of that world repeatedly.

Obviously interested to see what happens with Kim.

Are you expecting a Gene / Kim scene to end things?

I think Kim dies.

(Saul gives a line in BB about someone hanging themselves in a closet.)

I think Kim is broken by Howard's death and the couple's involvement with the cartel.

Gene goes to Nebraska to give the diamonds (Kim's take on the illicit profits) to Kim's estranged mom.

Hey, it's a theory.

#432 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 10:14 AM

The Ringer: The Dominos Continue to Fall in the ‘Better Call Saul’ Midseason Premiere

#433 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 08:09 AM

I hope we’re jumping forward in the timeline quite a bit now.
@BSLMikeRandall

#434 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:30 PM

Easily the worst season yet. What had its tense moments and intriguing story once again bogged down by something like Gus talking to Sommelier for 10 minutes. Definitely didn’t need a split season, much less an hour and 20 minute episode here.
@BSLMikeRandall

#435 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 19 July 2022 - 12:44 AM

Easily the worst season yet. What had its tense moments and intriguing story once again bogged down by something like Gus talking to Sommelier for 10 minutes. Definitely didn’t need a split season, much less an hour and 20 minute episode here.

Uh, what show are you watching dude?  Read this and I think you'll feel differently.

https://www.rollings...-games-1383100/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@fuzydunlop

#436 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 02:12 AM

I like a slow burn when I am watching a drama series. Last night's episode was easily one of the best episodes in the entire series IMO. It answered a lot of questions and Jimmy McGill became full on Saul. Kim's complete tear down of Howard's widow at his memorial was Slipping Kimmy's parting gift to Saul.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#437 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 19 July 2022 - 06:44 AM

I think it has only gotten better and better each season and this one is no exception.

#438 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 07:57 AM

I’ll rephrase. This is still the best show on TV, There are just parts of this season that I could do without, and want that time spent with Jimmy/Saul/Kim.

The Jimmy/Saul/Kim stuff is the best. Last nights episode was some of their best work. I want more of that, less cartel hunting Gus when there are no stakes there. Spoiler alert, Gus lives. Didn’t need a few episodes ago following Lalo to a truck stop, watch him buy shower time, sleeping in his car…

If Gus having wine and chatting with the sommelier was supposed to be flirting, and remind us of Gus’ sexual preference, it missed the mark (and is completely unnecessary in the grand scheme) cause I didn’t get that at all. Gus opening his shutters to let the daylight in, signals he feels safe, got it. Move on. Kim is the last piece. What’s her deal going forward? That’s what I’m here for. Gus and the sommelier could have been a deleted scene and the episode would have been a tight hour.

Her deal going forward deserved more screen time. Gilligan says they challenge themselves by writing characters into a corner, so they have to write themselves out. Well, cut to full on BB Saul in a blink…it’s too easy.
@BSLMikeRandall

#439 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:48 AM

The Ringer: As ‘Better Call Saul’ Breaks Bad, There’s No More Room for Fun and Games

#440 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 10:25 AM

I've been critical of the show this season but the last two episodes have been fantastic.

I'm all in on this show again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=