474 replies to this topic

#401 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:41 AM

As much as I love Kim and the way that she handled the Kettleman's, what she and Saul are doing to Howard is inexcusable. I think Kim will lose her law license because of this stunt.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#402 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:09 AM

Interesting open to the show. Not in Omaha or black and white. I wonder if we’ll get any of that this season.
@BSLMikeRandall

#403 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:36 AM

Interesting open to the show. Not in Omaha or black and white. I wonder if we’ll get any of that this season.

Ive been wondering what to make of the opening. Anyway, excellent tv as expected.

#404 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:42 AM

As much as I love Kim and the way that she handled the Kettleman's, what she and Saul are doing to Howard is inexcusable. I think Kim will lose her law license because of this stunt.

I think Howard is going to off himself because of what theyre doing. I think that is what seperates her and Jimmy. She quits law and retreats to Nebraska?

Cant say enough how well acted and written this show is.

#405 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 08:43 AM

I think Howard is going to off himself because of what theyre doing. I think that is what seperates her and Jimmy. She quits law and retreats to Nebraska?

Cant say enough how well acted and written this show is.

Interesting take.

I wonder who's following them?

#406 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 08:46 AM

Ive been wondering what to make of the opening. Anyway, excellent tv as expected.

I think the cork coming out of the furniture was an indication that Kim was still in his life when he went to the vacuum cleaner repairman in Breaking Bad. I think Kim's connection to Nebraska is why Gene is in Omaha. In short, I think Saul and Kim were together during Breaking Bad and afterwards.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#407 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:39 AM

It's really time to have "the discussion."

This -is- better than Breaking Bad at this point, right? Like, if they stick the landing (and that's a big if), it's better, right?

#408 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:44 AM

This -is- better than Breaking Bad at this point, right? Like, if they stick the landing (and that's a big if), it's better, right?

I feel like there may be recency bias. Need to cleanse the pallet and watch them both again in a few years. Both excellent.

• BobPhelan and russsnyder like this

#409 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:27 AM

Certainly possible. I love this show. Im just ready for Gilligan to keep going with this universe. Do a Gus backstory. Mike backstory. Whatever really.

#410 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 12:04 PM

While I think 2035 is correct about the recency bias, I think this is an appropriate discussion.

I'm anticipating an incredible ending. I also think that when we look back at this show the twist will be that it's actually a love story more so than a crime story.

#411 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 09:24 AM

No.

I love BCS, but for a show with 6 seasons very little happens.

I'd watch 6 mnore seasons of it but BB was a pretty action-packed show. This is much more slow burn.

But to each his own.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#412 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 03:51 PM

I’ve binged BB maybe 3 times since it’s concluded. I tried to do the same about a year again with BCS, and just wasn’t as into it. But I think its because BB had stakes, whereas with BCS were just waiting to see how they get to the BB universe, or Omaha, or however they wrap this up.

BCS is the best show on TV, but we know Saul, Nacho, Lalo, Mike, Gus, Hector, they’re going to “make it”. So it feels like the stakes are less. Major plot points include putting your life in danger in BB, and leaving a cell phone battery in a coat pocket in BCS.

The Nacho/Lalo stuff is great, but I’m not invested. Kim’s story is by far the most Important, most fascinating, and what everyone is dying to see play out.

I think BB is better. But BCS is also amazing. The discussion might be, how to watch the universe when it’s all done. Which series do you watch first? Do you watch BB season 1 first, then watch BCS since Saul doesn’t come in until BB season 2. Is there a best chronological way to watch it? Depending on how BCS ends, do you squeeze in El Camino before before finishing BCS?
@BSLMikeRandall

#413 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 April 2022 - 05:04 PM

Anyone pick up any Easter eggs from the first two episodes?

I wonder if the cardboard cutout of Saul face down in the pool is some kind of foreshadowing. Also feel like camera angle up from below the crystal blue water feels like a shout out at Breaking Bad.

The restaurant Saul and Kim eat at is called El Camino. Same title as the Jesse continuation story.

The book “The Time Machine” shows up twice. Never read it myself. Wikipedia says its a commentary on class inequality and divisions. Kinda what Saul and Kim deal with regarding Howard who was likely born silver spoon in hand. Also regarding Kim’s new work, specifically her client, a poor kid who is getting taken to task by his rich friend and their attorney.

Any others stand out?
  • BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#414 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:19 PM

Anyone pick up any Easter eggs from the first two episodes?

I wonder if the cardboard cutout of Saul face down in the pool is some kind of foreshadowing. Also feel like camera angle up from below the crystal blue water feels like a shout out at Breaking Bad.

The restaurant Saul and Kim eat at is called El Camino. Same title as the Jesse continuation story.

The book “The Time Machine” shows up twice. Never read it myself. Wikipedia says its a commentary on class inequality and divisions. Kinda what Saul and Kim deal with regarding Howard who was likely born silver spoon in hand. Also regarding Kim’s new work, specifically her client, a poor kid who is getting taken to task by his rich friend and their attorney.

Any others stand out?

You have definitely picked up on more stuff than I have. Was the desert plant in the beginning of tonight's episode a lily of the valley?

#415 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 03:20 PM

You have definitely picked up on more stuff than I have. Was the desert plant in the beginning of tonight's episode a lily of the valley?

No idea. Is that what was used to poison Brock in BB?
@BSLMikeRandall

#416 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 06:23 PM

No idea. Is that what was used to poison Brock in BB?

Yes.

#417 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:49 PM

If you guys want to keep up with the BB Easter eggs and such, I would highly recommend reading Sepinwall's recaps.  

• russsnyder likes this

@fuzydunlop

#418 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,961 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 08:08 AM

I've been thinking that as soon as Howard found out that Cliff was meeting with Kim when he saw the hooker thrown from Howard's car, he'd know that Jimmy was behind everything.  But it seems like Howard figuring it out was part of their plan?

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#419 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:24 AM

I've been thinking that as soon as Howard found out that Cliff was meeting with Kim when he saw the hooker thrown from Howard's car, he'd know that Jimmy was behind everything. But it seems like Howard figuring it out was part of their plan?

Perhaps. They had to know that Cliff would mention to Howard he was with Kim when he saw the incident. They had to know Howard would piece it together. Now what though? I guess that’s why we watch and see. I don’t have the slightest clue how this ends up going down.
@BSLMikeRandall

#420 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is going to end up either. However, I see the perfect storm brewing with Howard's PI, Mike's guys, and perhaps the cartel following Jimmy and Kim.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=