Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Redman is a good mix in with wu.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#82 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

I agree! Redman is the most underrated rapper, imo.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#83 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

I just bought tickets to the Wu Tang Clan show at The Anthem in DC.

I hope they all show up.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#84 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

I hope they all show up.

It's not all of them, it's like 4 I think but I heard Red was one of them.

@JeremyMStrain

#85 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

It's not all of them, it's like 4 I think but I heard Red was one of them.

Where did you see that?

Everything I've read about this 25th Anniversary Tour is that it's all of them (and it's billed that way) but I know the chances of that is always slim.

Also, I love Redman so that's a bonus for sure.

#86 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:31 PM

I hope they all show up.

If ODB makes it, RUN!!!

• JeremyStrain likes this

#87 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

If ODB makes it, RUN!!!

His son, Young Dirty Bastard has been showing up at these tours.

#88 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

Where did you see that?

Everything I've read about this 25th Anniversary Tour is that it's all of them (and it's billed that way) but I know the chances of that is always slim.

Where did you see that?

It was a flyer or something when they first announced it. Cause at first glance I was like WUUU!!!!!! but then I saw it was only a couple of them and was a little less interested. Meth was always my fave so I was hoping.

@JeremyMStrain

#89 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

I kinda want to go now. 

I saw Busta/Spliff/Rah Digga last year  at Power Plant and it was fantastic. Not really adding anything to the convo, but I figured that it would be worth mentioning. 

#90 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

Where did you see that?

If you can get the small possibility of Meth and Red, that's far more than worth the cost of admission.

#91 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

I kinda want to go now. 

I saw Busta/Spliff/Rah Digga last year  at Power Plant and it was fantastic. Not really adding anything to the convo, but I figured that it would be worth mentioning. 

Never been to a rap show before, so I am always worried about the quality of the live performance since there's no instrumentation. For that reason I'd love to see The Roots. But just seeing them all on the same stage at least one time would be awesome.

#92 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

If you can get the small possibility of Meth and Red, that's far more than worth the cost of admission.

No doubt. Redman is probably the most underrated rapper ever.

#93 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

I kinda want to go now. 

OOOOH I bet that was amazing. I've always been kinda choosy about concerts, but I've seen a decent share. Saw DMX at Woodstock in 99 and that was another level. My wife has been doing all the nostalgia r&b/pop stuff from the 90s, and I'm pretty sure Naughty by Nature is at the one this year, I'm a little jealous, but not enough that I would sit through New Kids on the Block.

@JeremyMStrain

#94 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

Never been to a rap show before, so I am always worried about the quality of the live performance since there's no instrumentation. For that reason I'd love to see The Roots. But just seeing them all on the same stage at least one time would be awesome.

The Roots are AMAZING live. I've seen them at a few tiny venues, but my favorite might have been at Salisbury University back in like 2002.

@JeremyMStrain

#95 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

No doubt. Redman is probably the most underrated rapper ever.

I would agree with that. He really should be more famous than he is, but blew up juuuuuuust a little too late. 

Doc's Da Name was the first album I bought with my own money. Still a fantastic listen from front to back. 

#96 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

OOOOH I bet that was amazing. I've always been kinda choosy about concerts, but I've seen a decent share. Saw DMX at Woodstock in 99 and that was another level. My wife has been doing all the nostalgia r&b/pop stuff from the 90s, and I'm pretty sure Naughty by Nature is at the one this year, I'm a little jealous, but not enough that I would sit through New Kids on the Block.

It was really, really good. He went through literally every big-name song he's done, and a couple of older ones as well ("Rhymes Galore" comes to mind) at break-neck speed, pun not intended.

I'd be scared of seeing DMX in concert, even back in the late 90's. He seems like he'd flake out at the drop of a hat, but if he actually showed up, you'd get the time of your life. 

I also saw Black Star and Pharoah Monch. "Simon Says" lit the whole place on fire. It was amazing!

#97 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

It was really, really good. He went through literally every big-name song he's done, and a couple of older ones as well ("Rhymes Galore" comes to mind) at break-neck speed, pun not intended.

I'd be scared of seeing DMX in concert, even back in the late 90's. He seems like he'd flake out at the drop of a hat, but if he actually showed up, you'd get the time of your life. 

I also saw Black Star and Pharoah Monch. "Simon Says" lit the whole place on fire. It was amazing!

That sounds amazing. I was supposed to see him with someone else back in like early 00's but I ended up not going cause I had just dropped big money on seeing Em and Dre when they were on tour.

HAHA I felt the exact same way, I was like no way he's coming, but he was one of the like 2 or 3 people I wanted to see the most the whole weekend. I was roaming around and saw all this security walking with this dude like 20 feet ahead of me and when I caught up to them it was him. I was so excited. Got a fist bump and everything. That whole place (well at least the people interested on the field at that time) went CRAZY when dogs started barking over the speakers. It was the same size crowd as everyone saw in all the pics when Metallica played, all jumping around like crazy for like 30 solid minutes. It was awesome.

Black Star was on my list of must see for a while, but I never caught them. Mos Def came around solo a while after it and I was kinda over concerts by then so I skipped it, but I heard Talib is playing here in Baltimore soon I think. Either that or he just played here recently.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#98 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

The show is tonight. I'm stoked.

They played Kimmel recently....

Fingers crossed they're all there.

#99 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

Well, that was awesome.

All the band members were there including Cappadonna and Young Dirty Bastard, ODB's firstborn son.

Redman opened for them, but he was more of a hype man for the main event. I would have liked to have seen more of a Redman performance.

The Wu played the entire Enter the Wu-Tang album, in order, adding some supplemental stuff here and there. Once they were finished with the album, they played some random hits from solo guys and subsequent albums. The crowd was totally into it, the guys seemed excited to be on stage together again...it was a fun time. So glad I got to see it.

• The Epic likes this

#100 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:09 AM

Well, that was awesome.

All the band members were there including Cappadonna and Young Dirty Bastard, ODB's firstborn son.

Redman opened for them, but he was more of a hype man for the main event. I would have liked to have seen more of a Redman performance.

The Wu played the entire Enter the Wu-Tang album, in order, adding some supplemental stuff here and there. Once they were finished with the album, they played some random hits from solo guys and subsequent albums. The crowd was totally into it, the guys seemed excited to be on stage together again...it was a fun time. So glad I got to see it.

That's awesome!!

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=