Photo

EDIT: 2017 Vacations -- Where are you going?

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#261 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,977 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

Yeah I think that's the last stop after St. Thomas and Tortola. Anything good to do there with two kids?

Yea they can go watch McNulty get hammered and stumble around. Good teaching point to avoid alcohol.
  • BobPhelan likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#262 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Take a cab out to love beach (downtown is garbage). It's my usual spot, but they have these cool little natural pools and alcoves that are perfect for toddler kids to explore. One of my DEA coworkers brings his 3 year old every sat/sun, and I swear he is in heaven every time. A small bar/restaurant right on the beach too. I'll bring the beer.

Awesome! Thanks for tip. I don't drink beer but I'll certainly have a drink of some kind with you if we're at the same place at the same time.

#263 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

Just booked air to Vancouver in early May. My wife is out there for work so I am going to join her for a long weekend. Anyone ever been? Recommendations?

The suspension bridge park is definitely worth checking out. 

Stanley Park is very nice to walk around. 

The Museum of Anthropology is excellent as well, but a bit outside of the main part of the city. 

• NewMarketSean likes this

#264 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

Take a cab out to love beach (downtown is garbage). It's my usual spot, but they have these cool little natural pools and alcoves that are perfect for toddler kids to explore. One of my DEA coworkers brings his 3 year old every sat/sun, and I swear he is in heaven every time. A small bar/restaurant right on the beach too. I'll bring the beer.
Awesome! Thanks for tip. I don't drink beer but I'll certainly have a drink of some kind with you if we're at the same place at the same time.
Liquor is cheaper anyway. Name your beverage and I'll hook it up.
  • BobPhelan likes this

@fuzydunlop

#265 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

Just got back from a guys golf trip to Ft. Lauderdale; second year in a row.  Stayed at the Renaissance in Plantation and played 4 rounds at 2 great courses.

Booked a 3 nighter today with the wife to South Beach.  Was thinking of taking her to Ft. Lauderdale but was afraid of running into some of the.....locals.

• NewMarketSean likes this
@Miller192

#266 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,818 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

Never been to FTL. South Beach is awesome, though. And I played golf for first time in 2-3 years last weekend. Did pretty well too. Now I've got that itch.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#267 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

FTL is awesome and its cheap.  It's not South Beach but there's lots to do all over the area. 

I've been there about 8 times

@Miller192

#268 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,977 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:50 AM

Headed to Philly tomorrow night (lol) for the Wiz Sixers game.

Sarasota next weekend!

@bopper33

#269 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,148 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

I think we're done with vacations for the year. I was going to do Disney, but...nah...I think I'm gonna squirrel the money. Taking some trips Downey Oshin with the kid, but that's about it.

Going Caribbean for the 10-year anniversary (St. Thomas, where we got married), and I plan on doing it extra-big for that.

#270 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Nags Head for the last week of June. I'm sure I'll make at least a few long weekend trips to OC as well.

#271 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Liquor is cheaper anyway. Name your beverage and I'll hook it up.
Mentioned it in the Rants section but didn't even make it off the boat for Nassau or Tortola. Next time man...
  • McNulty likes this

#272 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,818 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

So I got back from Vancouver last night. What an amazing city. Has to be my favorite city in Canada out of the big 3 and I absolutely love Montreal. I still can't get over seeing snowcapped mountains in between high rises when walking through the city. Drove up to Whistler one day -- that drive -- beautiful. People were super friendly, the food and drink was great all around. That's the way a city should be. Canada does it right.

• SportsGuy and Hooded Viper like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#273 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, kid friendly vacation spot for a 3 or 4 day long weekend? Looked at Ocean City and the Great Wolf Lodge but hoping there are some other options.

#274 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,977 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, kid friendly vacation spot for a 3 or 4 day long weekend? Looked at Ocean City and the Great Wolf Lodge but hoping there are some other options.

Bethany
  • BobPhelan likes this

@bopper33

#275 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,818 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

Williamsburg, OBX, Reboboth, Lewes...
  • BobPhelan likes this

#276 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

How old are the kids?

#277 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

How old are the kids?

5 and 2.

#278 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Wanted to go to GW Lodge last year..didn't go but want to.  

I would say I would prefer to do that during a different time of the year, since they have the indoor water park.

But its supposed to be awesome and great for kids.  

• BobPhelan likes this

#279 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

Just booked a flight for two weeks to Barcelona!  Found a ridiculous deal for $500 nonstop from Philly, which is no longer a drive from my house than Dulles.  Anything from BWI had connections and was well over twice as expensive.  My wife's sister, who lives in England, will be camping on a beach a bit south of Montpellier, France with their family for about 10 days, so we'll spend about a week with them.  Probably will visit 2 or maybe 3 other little towns along the coast, only spending a couple days actually in Barcelona.  Just need to pick which towns.  Hoping to do a couple days of diving while we are there as well.

#280 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

Just booked a flight for two weeks to Barcelona!  Found a ridiculous deal for $500 nonstop from Philly, which is no longer a drive from my house than Dulles.  Anything from BWI had connections and was well over twice as expensive.  My wife's sister, who lives in England, will be camping on a beach a bit south of Montpellier, France with their family for about 10 days, so we'll spend about a week with them.  Probably will visit 2 or maybe 3 other little towns along the coast, only spending a couple days actually in Barcelona.  Just need to pick which towns.  Hoping to do a couple days of diving while we are there as well.

That's a hell of a deal.

My brother has been to Barcelona 4 times and he like Barri Gottic.  He's into the nightlife and nice restaurants and apparently this is the spot for that.

@Miller192

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=