• 156,322 posts

Posted 23 June 2023 - 12:59 PM

1 Jones

2 Poole

3 Kispert

4 Avdija

5 Gafford

Shamet, Davis, Gallinari, Coulibaly

For a team that won't be good, that's not bad.   Got a number of players who will be interesting to watch and see how they develop with extended playing time available. 

#1102 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 June 2023 - 07:54 AM

1 Jones

2 Poole

3 Kispert

4 Avdija

5 Gafford

Shamet, Davis, Gallinari, Coulibaly

For a team that won't be good, that's not bad.   Got a number of players who will be interesting to watch and see how they develop with extended playing time available. 

I think it is worse than it looks.  

I also do not think they are done trading.  They have some extra point guards in Wright and Morris too.  Gallinari is probably a cut candidate.

@mikeghg

#1103 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 08:37 AM

I think it is worse than it looks.  

I also do not think they are done trading.  They have some extra point guards in Wright and Morris too.  Gallinari is probably a cut candidate.

I mean they're probably a 25 win team as is... just saying they have a few pieces that will be interesting to watch.

#1104 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:36 PM

I mean they're probably a 25 win team as is... just saying they have a few pieces that will be interesting to watch.

Yea, I think they will be interesting to watch until January  and then the newness will wear off.

Unseld Jr. came with the reputation of being very good with young players, so it will be interesting to see who they develop..

@mikeghg

#1105 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:30 PM

I don’t dislike this direction. Had to be done. Frankly I’d be interested in buying a mini plan but, literally, seats they want $50 for you can get on secondary market for $10

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1106 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 June 2023 - 07:20 PM

Yea, I think they will be interesting to watch until January  and then the newness will wear off.

Unseld Jr. came with the reputation of being very good with young players, so it will be interesting to see who they develop..

The end of January is probably about the time they will also sit most of their best players, healthy or not, to make sure they don't lose their Top 3 odds for the #1 pick. The end of the season will probably feature a G-League heavy lineup.

• Mike B likes this

#1107 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:10 PM

Wizards are keeping Kuzma with a 4-year/$102M deal.

#1108 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 June 2023 - 08:39 PM

I mean I guess you gotta spend the money somewhere?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1109 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 11:25 PM

Pretty much. Even when not really trying you need someone to get buckets, and he is by far their top scorer among returning players. And by the time they are any good his contract will have expired, or be close enough to it they should be able to move him if they want.

#1110 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 July 2023 - 08:14 AM

This certainly surprised me.  This is not one of the ridiculous contracts the Wizards usually give out, and I am assuming this is a not a NTC.  He should be tradable at the deadline for a nice return if they decide to go that way,

@mikeghg

#1111 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 July 2023 - 08:25 AM

John Angelos requests you stop talking so much nonsense.  :-P

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#1112 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 10:34 AM

This certainly surprised me.  This is not one of the ridiculous contracts the Wizards usually give out, and I am assuming this is a not a NTC.  He should be tradable at the deadline for a nice return if they decide to go that way,

Exactly. Even if it's an overpay, he should still be tradeable, so giving him that deal with the intent of eventually moving him for something is better than letting him walk for nothing...which is why after rationalizing it I'm less aghast over the contract Portland gave Jerami Grant just hours before Lillard issued his trade request.

#1113 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 July 2023 - 12:17 PM

Yeah I was kinda shocked too. I mean if you're keeping him, who had said he was leaving during the season, why not keep KP at least? A solid 5 and 3, with a young 4 from the draft, the frontcourt would be pretty solid for being the East. Guards could be a mess though.

I dunno. Mixed signals...still waiting to see how this all plays out.

@JeremyMStrain

#1114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 12:28 PM

Yeah I was kinda shocked too. I mean if you're keeping him, who had said he was leaving during the season, why not keep KP at least? A solid 5 and 3, with a young 4 from the draft, the frontcourt would be pretty solid for being the East. Guards could be a mess though.

Due to health concerns, I imagine they felt Porzingis was a bigger risk to extend than Kuzma. The Wizards didn't want the possibility of a negative contract that they'd have to attach assets to get rid of. And obviously Porzingis wasn't going to opt-in to his final year just to stay in DC.

#1115 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 July 2023 - 01:14 PM

Due to health concerns, I imagine they felt Porzingis was a bigger risk to extend than Kuzma. The Wizards didn't want the possibility of a negative contract that they'd have to attach assets to get rid of. And obviously Porzingis wasn't going to opt-in to his final year just to stay in DC.

Yeah give you the health concerns. I know KP said he really liked it here and was planning on opting in though. He's been set up and running some youth camps in the area and everything this summer. Finding a place you can have a career year will usually leave a pretty good taste.

I dunno, I understand and all, just the mixed signals make things weird. Guess they thought KK was young enough he'd be here to help when they are retooled? I dunno.

@JeremyMStrain

#1116 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 July 2023 - 03:53 PM

Yea, I-thought they were tanking, but now I am not sure what they are doing.

@mikeghg

#1117 BSLJalonDixon

BSLJalonDixon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 11:04 PM

Are the Washington Wizards already done with the Jordan Poole experiment? Here is my take on Poole in Washington and how he hasn't live up to any of the preseason hype: https://baltimorespo...-in-washington/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@jalonsworld

#1118 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 01:51 PM

Jordan Poole is comedy gold.

(1) David on X: "Jordan Poole flopped to try sell a foul call & then proceeded to slip on a wet spot that he created himself 5 seconds earlier. Karma's gonna track you down. https://t.co/yiSewU6DEd" / X (twitter.com)

#1119 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 03:44 PM

Wow, that 15 second clip showed me everything I needed to see about the NBA.

#1120 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 03:48 PM

4-21

Yeah they are moving to VA because of crime. LOL

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=