#1001 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:58 PM

I think what’s crazier than the Wizards blowing a 35 point lead, is the fans apathy towards it. No one was that bothered. Says a lot. Leonsis is needs to drastically change course if he ever wants this franchise to reach Caps heights in the modern era.

I was watching the Terps game, so I missed the whole thing.

My son called me and said the Wizards blew a 35 point lead.  My response, glad I watched Maryland.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#1002 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:12 AM

#1003 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 02:59 PM

From ESPN:

2:37 p.m. ET: The Dallas Mavericks are trading Kristaps Porzingis and a second-round pick to the Washington Wizards for Spencer Dinwiddie and Davis Bertans, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon.

2:23 p.m. ET: The Charlotte Hornets are acquiring Washington Wizards center Montrezl Harrell for Vernon Carey Jr. and Ish Smith, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

2022 NBA trade deadline - Latest buzz, news and reports (espn.com)

#1004 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 February 2022 - 04:19 PM

From ESPN:

2:37 p.m. ET: The Dallas Mavericks are trading Kristaps Porzingis and a second-round pick to the Washington Wizards for Spencer Dinwiddie and Davis Bertans, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon.

2:23 p.m. ET: The Charlotte Hornets are acquiring Washington Wizards center Montrezl Harrell for Vernon Carey Jr. and Ish Smith, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

2022 NBA trade deadline - Latest buzz, news and reports (espn.com)

I think I like it. I was always a Kristaps fan. Obviously there's a whole lot of but what other parts are we talking about for next year. Feel like they coulda got more for Harrell though.

@JeremyMStrain

#1005 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 05:14 PM

The Wizards seem to make a lot of deals for such an irrelevant franchise.   Harrell is a free agent at year's end, so I guess they think reacquiring the hard-working Ish Smith can replace Dinwiddie this year.   Dinwiddie was a solid contributor who plays every game.  I liked him.  Porzingis is intriguing, but he can't stay healthy.  Tim Legler crushes this deal for the Wizards.  Bertans is a decent bench guy who Unseld doesn't seem to know how to use.   Just more rearranging of chairs on the Wiztanic.  At least they gained a draft pick instead of their usual gifting in most of their deals.     

#1006 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:18 PM

The Wizards seem to make a lot of deals for such an irrelevant franchise.   Harrell is a free agent at year's end, so I guess they think reacquiring the hard-working Ish Smith can replace Dinwiddie this year.   Dinwiddie was a solid contributor who plays every game.  I liked him.  Porzingis is intriguing, but he can't stay healthy.  Tim Legler crushes this deal for the Wizards.  Bertans is a decent bench guy who Unseld doesn't seem to know how to use.   Just more rearranging of chairs on the Wiztanic.  At least they gained a draft pick instead of their usual gifting in most of their deals.     

I think they do not want to completely empty the tank because they are trying to keep Beal.  Thus the acquisition of Zinger.

It does not seem like they got much for Harrell.

@mikeghg

#1007 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:19 PM

At this point, they should probably hope Beal leaves.

@mikeghg

#1008 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 10:17 AM

From ESPN:

Is this the first trade involving Latvians on both sides of the deal?  And - the only 2 current Latvian players at that!

#1009 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:08 PM

Is this the first trade involving Latvians on both sides of the deal?  And - the only 2 current Latvian players at that!

it will be to see if the team change energizes both guys.

Bertans seems to have issues with his legs which is bad for a shooter, especially one, whose game is pretty one dimensional.

Porzingis always seems to have issues.

@mikeghg

#1010 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:24 PM

What's the long term plan?

#1011 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:29 PM

Tommy did a great job here, gave away some bad contracts, got A wild card in Porzingis, and got a draft pick.

Well done!!! 

@beginthebegin71

#1012 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 12 February 2022 - 12:06 PM

I think before Beal got hurt it might have been a full retool Including dealing him for a big haul. Now it seems more like getting rid of pieces that clearly didn’t fit, taking a flier and seeing if KP works with Beal (if they can sign him).
@JeremyMStrain

#1013 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 01:38 PM

Sustained mediocrity.

• You Play to Win the Game and bmore_ken like this

#1014 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 10:58 AM

I have to eat some crow regarding these Wizards.  In retrospect, purging the roster of disgruntled vets and opening up spots for the young guys was a great move.  Kispert is having the best Wizard rookie season is a while. Deni is showing real improvement. Rui seems to be back from whatever issues he was dealing with.  They never should have let Ish Smith go but corrected that one.  They replaced last season's center position of Gafford, Len and Lopez with Gafford, Bryant, and Porzingis.  What an upgrade.  Too bad they couldn't have traded Beal.  

• Mike B likes this

#1015 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2022 - 10:09 PM

I have to eat some crow regarding these Wizards.  In retrospect, purging the roster of disgruntled vets and opening up spots for the young guys was a great move.  Kispert is having the best Wizard rookie season is a while. Deni is showing real improvement. Rui seems to be back from whatever issues he was dealing with.  They never should have let Ish Smith go but corrected that one.  They replaced last season's center position of Gafford, Len and Lopez with Gafford, Bryant, and Porzingis.  What an upgrade.  Too bad they couldn't have traded Beal.  

They are actually playing team offense now instead of one on one crap.  I have a feeling Wed Jr. is enjoying coaching now.

@mikeghg

#1016 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 March 2022 - 05:56 PM

Porzingis makes his Wizards debut today.

@mikeghg

#1017 BSLJalonDixon

BSLJalonDixon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 03:44 PM

BSL: Kristaps Porzingis’ Makes His Wizards Debut in Win Over the Pacers

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@jalonsworld

#1018 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 March 2022 - 03:50 PM

BSL: Kristaps Porzingis’ Makes His Wizards Debut in Win Over the Pacers

Our boy Jalen Smith had a real nice showing in this one. That was fun to see.

#1019 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:41 PM

CBS Sports: NBA rumors: Bradley Beal expected to sign $248 million max extension with Wizards this summer, per report

https://www.cbssport...mer-per-report/

#1020 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 June 2022 - 09:39 AM

CBS Sports: NBA rumors: Bradley Beal expected to sign $248 million max extension with Wizards this summer, per report

https://www.cbssport...mer-per-report/

IMO, the Wizards would have been better off long term, had Bradley entered free agency.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=