#981 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:29 PM

Going to lose tonight at home to the Hornets.

That said, Montrezl Harrell turned in a gem of a performance tonight. In 27 minutes he posted 24 points and 18 rebounds. That was fun to watch.

#982 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2021 - 10:53 PM

Fun win tonight in Dallas. Game was code the whole way, with the Mavs leading most of it, but the Washington Basketball Team taking control the final 4 minutes or so. Fun to watch. Good for them. Another quality road win.

#983 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2021 - 10:23 PM

Wizards are on a slide. Offense has gone MIA. Bradley hasn’t reached 20 or more points since 11/27 (5 games ago) and hasn’t hit 30 since 11/18 (10 games).

#984 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:24 PM

Wizards lose again, but Bradley goes for 34.

#985 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:36 AM

The Washington Basketball team is 5-12 in their last 17 and are back to .500 ball at the moment. Next up, @ Utah, so they'll be below .500.

#986 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:47 AM

Kuzma's been on a tear, averaging 26.6 over his last 8 games. Wizards beat Oklahoma City last night to move to a game over .500. 

#987 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:55 AM

Kuzma's been on a tear, averaging 26.6 over his last 8 games. Wizards beat Oklahoma City last night to move to a game over .500. 

The other two we got from the Lakers got in a fight at halftime last night.

Just something about the water in DC I guess :/

@JeremyMStrain

#988 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 January 2022 - 11:52 AM

Nets coach with some Mike Tomlin level of interference in last nights game against the Wizards.  How the Refs missed that is beyond me.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#989 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 January 2022 - 10:21 PM

Wizards blew a 35 point lead in a loss to the Clippers at home tonight.

#990 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 08:46 AM

Wizards blew a 35 point lead in a loss to the Clippers at home tonight.

Wrong side of history.

I'm more interested in BB this season and WHY it's been so bad. Is it because of having other people to spread the ball to? Or Covid effects? Just tired of carrying the franchise?

Things that are good to know before you deal him. Like his he a part you build around, or is he a guy that HAS to be the only focus of an offense? We have seen this with a few super team attempts, not everyone is cut out for that style of play. Like makes you wonder about Giannis too, if you put someone like BB with him who needs to shoot the ball a good bit would that throw HIS game off? I always worry about these chemistry things. Ever since the great Bullets failure in the mid 90s. It was ALMOST there, and then one wrong addition and you can see things slide backwards.

@JeremyMStrain

#991 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:55 AM

Wrong side of history.

I'm more interested in BB this season and WHY it's been so bad. Is it because of having other people to spread the ball to? Or Covid effects? Just tired of carrying the franchise?

Things that are good to know before you deal him. Like his he a part you build around, or is he a guy that HAS to be the only focus of an offense? We have seen this with a few super team attempts, not everyone is cut out for that style of play. Like makes you wonder about Giannis too, if you put someone like BB with him who needs to shoot the ball a good bit would that throw HIS game off? I always worry about these chemistry things. Ever since the great Bullets failure in the mid 90s. It was ALMOST there, and then one wrong addition and you can see things slide backwards.

It sure was fun to be a Bullet fan in the 70s and it aint over till the Fat Lady sings. :)

• JeremyStrain and Mike B like this

#992 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 January 2022 - 11:36 AM

It sure was fun to be a Bullet fan in the 70s and it aint over till the Fat Lady sings. :)

We were lucky to see some great players in those days.  Wes, Earl, Jack Marin, Kevin Loughery and my favorite #25 Gus Johnson got me hooked on basketball.  The battles with the Knicks were one of Baltimore's first sports rivalries.

@mikeghg

#993 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 12:20 PM

We were lucky to see some great players in those days.  Wes, Earl, Jack Marin, Kevin Loughery and my favorite #25 Gus Johnson got me hooked on basketball.  The battles with the Knicks were one of Baltimore's first sports rivalries.

Mitch Kupchak was fun to watch off the bench. Talk about a skilled 6th man, that could spell the Center or either forward. He would freely giveup his body going after balls to keep them in play.

Wes is the best defensive center to play the game, guys like Kareem talk about how well Wes played him and the other centers.

#994 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 January 2022 - 01:39 PM

Mitch Kupchak was fun to watch off the bench. Talk about a skilled 6th man, that could spell the Center or either forward. He would freely giveup his body going after balls to keep them in play.

Wes is the best defensive center to play the game, guys like Kareem talk about how well Wes played him and the other centers.

Pound for pound wes may have been the strongest player to ever play in the NBA.

@mikeghg

#995 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 03:21 PM

Pound for pound wes may have been the strongest player to ever play in the NBA.

Very well could have been.

Do you remember Truck Robinson, he was one big dude?

#996 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 January 2022 - 11:21 PM

Very well could have been.

Do you remember Truck Robinson, he was one big dude?

Sure do.  Leonard Truck Robinson.  I was disappointed when the Bullets traded Truck.  He was an early version of a guy like Charles Oakley.  He was the Bullets enforcer, at a time when a team had to have them.

@mikeghg

#997 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:58 AM

Sure do.  Leonard Truck Robinson.  I was disappointed when the Bullets traded Truck.  He was an early version of a guy like Charles Oakley.  He was the Bullets enforcer, at a time when a team had to have them.

Wes and Truck could set a pick and nobody was moving through them. :)

• Mike B likes this

#998 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:58 AM

Wes and Truck could set a pick and nobody was moving through them. :)

Add Gus johnson to that list.  No one moved the Honeycomb!

@mikeghg

#999 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:13 PM

I think what’s crazier than the Wizards blowing a 35 point lead, is the fans apathy towards it. No one was that bothered. Says a lot. Leonsis is needs to drastically change course if he ever wants this franchise to reach Caps heights in the modern era.

#1000 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:23 PM

I think what’s crazier than the Wizards blowing a 35 point lead, is the fans apathy towards it. No one was that bothered. Says a lot. Leonsis is needs to drastically change course if he ever wants this franchise to reach Caps heights in the modern era.

I've actually seen a lot of people just beaten down and ready to give up. But I think the problem is people weren't really buying in on the solid start, so now they are just like yeahhhh that's what I expected (eeyore voice).

It's going to take a big splashy Chris Weber type move to really start seeing reaction I think.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=