#841 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:29 PM

Yea no doubt. All you said is true. I also get the feeling Brad aggravates some of the voters.

Really? How so?

#842 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:40 PM

Really? How so?

It is just a feeling.   I was listening to one of the ESPN talking heads shows when he did not get picked for the AS game and they would not even admit it was a snub.

I think Brad is a top 10-15 player. he was basically the only reason to watch the Wizards this year.

It will be interesting to see how he is perceived next year when Wall returns.  He is way to good to be Robin to Wall’s Batman.

@mikeghg

#843 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:48 PM

It is just a feeling. I was listening to one of the ESPN talking heads shows when he did not get picked for the AS game and they would not even admit it was a snub.

I think Brad is a top 10-15 player. he was basically the only reason to watch the Wizards this year.

It will be interesting to see how he is perceived next year when Wall returns. He is way to good to be Robin to Wall’s Batman.

I think a lot of people refuse to support players for honors like these when they're on bad teams.

As for your last comment, I think we may be in for a role reversal next season.

#844 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:06 PM

Think you I think a lot of people refuse to support players for honors like these when they're on bad teams.

As for your last comment, I think we may be in for a role reversal next season.

I think you are right

@mikeghg

#845 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:04 AM

CBS Sports: Russell Westbrook trade rumors: Rockets and Wizards have discussed deal for John Wall, per report
https://www.cbssport...all-per-report/

#846 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:05 PM

CBS Sports: Russell Westbrook trade rumors: Rockets and Wizards have discussed deal for John Wall, per report
https://www.cbssport...all-per-report/

I've wanted to push for this for days. But I was afraid people would laugh at me.

I think the headache that is Russ is worth taking on moreso than relying that Wall will regain some of the athleticism he lost in these injuries. Contracts are almost the same. Brooks did ok with Russ in OKC, but I don't think they can give up the 9 pick (or future picks) to make that happen cause they need a defensive big man and aren't going to get one another way. Westbrook, Beal, Betrans could be enough to compete in a soft East if they can add a couple more important role players cheap.

For HOU, Wall is far from a sure thing, but is probably much less of a headache than Russ, he's been a pretty good teammate and person here aside from the injury thing (then again when your bar is set by Gilbert Arenas it's not saying a lot). They might even be able to flip Wall somewhere else easier than Russ, especially if they are willing to eat some contract.

@JeremyMStrain

#847 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

When will DC become the “cool” place all the stars will want to come to? Seems like that was BKLYN then Houston for a bit, always LA, so when will players want to come to DC? What does it take?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#848 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:42 PM

When will DC become the “cool” place all the stars will want to come to? Seems like that was BKLYN then Houston for a bit, always LA, so when will players want to come to DC? What does it take?

I think its more the Wizards want to unload Walls. 

NBA players are notorious for the party life, and LA brings that, as well as better year around weather.

#849 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:03 AM

The Wizards seem to be getting high grades on their draft.  My initial thought was did they draft the new Jan Veseley when they took Avdija

@mikeghg

#850 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:45 AM

I hate to be the old grumpy guy in the room, but, I still remember the Bullet's name and have never liked the Wizards name. Yes, I know, it could have been way worse.

#851 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:25 AM

The Wizards seem to be getting high grades on their draft. My initial thought was did they draft the new Jan Veseley when they took Avdija

Supposedly this kid was projected to go a good bit higher and just happens to fit exactly what they needed, defense and an off ball playmaker.

Who knows how these overseas guys pan out but I’ve heard as many Luka comparisons as I’ve heard Darko. Here’s hoping...
@JeremyMStrain

#852 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:04 PM

Supposedly this kid was projected to go a good bit higher and just happens to fit exactly what they needed, defense and an off ball playmaker.

Who knows how these overseas guys pan out but I’ve heard as many Luka comparisons as I’ve heard Darko. Here’s hoping...

Yea, I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about him, other than what I read.  

In Wizard land, nothing good ever stays for long.  

John Wall wants a trade.  If I were the Wizards, I would do nothing.  If he doesn't show up, he won't get paid.  Saved money.

@mikeghg

#853 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:58 PM

Yea, I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about him, other than what I read.  

In Wizard land, nothing good ever stays for long.  

John Wall wants a trade.  If I were the Wizards, I would do nothing.  If he doesn't show up, he won't get paid.  Saved money.

Yeah ever since the day of the Rod Strickland trade I have had nothing but dark days for my Wiz. Was looking up a bit there with Agent 0, but you know...

But I'm trying to have hope.

I would LOVE for them to swap Wall and Russ. I think HOU is going to try to get someone to give them actual assets for him first, but if they don't find someone would swap them straight up just to not have the headache. But if Harden wants out too then you lose the appeal of pairing him and Wall, and Wall doesn't make much sense if they go full rebuild.

@JeremyMStrain

#854 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:08 PM

There's some merit to Wall for Westbrook, but end of the day, I don't think it does anything for the Wiz besides move away from the risk of a player coming off an achilles tear.

If both are 100%, and there's durability concerns with Russ too, I'd actually rather have Wall. Of course he may never truly be 100% again.
  • Mike B likes this

#855 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:16 PM

There's some merit to Wall for Westbrook, but end of the day, I don't think it does anything for the Wiz besides move away from the risk of a player coming off an achilles tear.

If both are 100%, and there's durability concerns with Russ too, I'd actually rather have Wall. Of course he may never truly be 100% again.

I agree with all of this.  I have never been a fan of Russ's game.  He does play hard, but at times it is aimed at getting personal stats.

If both are healthy, I'd take Wall.     

FWIW, I think if they stroke John's ego, he will settle down and play.

@mikeghg

#856 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:56 PM

Nothing ever goes smoothly for the Wizards, but in 2020, I guess this will be the standard for all franchises.

https://www.nbcsport...sitive-covid-19

@mikeghg

#857 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:03 PM

Breaking: Houston has agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to Washington for John Wall and a first-round pick, sources tell

#858 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:11 PM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

@JeremyMStrain

#859 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:45 PM

I am not a fan of Westbrook.   I think they made a mediocre team worse.

Evidently the first is 2023

@mikeghg

#860 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:57 PM

I think Westbrook is a good fit for this fan base, I think they'll embrace him. He will take shots away from Beal, so they'll have to figure that out. I like getting rid of Wall. I do not like giving up a 1st round pick. At all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=