• SBTarheel and DJ MC like this

#82 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

Would be cool if they did some sort of Sopranos skit with Van Zandt while the whole gang is already there anyways.

#83 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

For the next two days, there's a free MP3 download of last week's Springsteen concert in Chicago, where he played the entire River album (and more).  Here's the link:

http://live.brucespr...Chicago-IL.html

• DJ MC and RShack like this

#84 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

There's also a free download of a 10-song excerpt from a 1980 concert.  There's a blu ray of this concert in the new River boxset, but for some reason these 10 songs weren't filmed that night.  No time limit on this one.

http://live.brucespr...r-Tempe-AZ.html

• RShack likes this

#85 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

Just announced - Bruce Springsteen at the Baltimore Arena on April 20.  Tickets on sale on Feb 5.

http://shorefire.com...quare-garden-da

• Mackus likes this

#86 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

If you ever get a chance to see him with the E-Street Band, then take out a loan, or rob a liquor store, or do something else, but don''t miss it... the Boss earns his money...

(Yes, I know Clarence is gone, but still...)

Just announced - Bruce Springsteen at the Baltimore Arena on April 20.  Tickets on sale on Feb 5.

Well, here it is... 

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#87 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

Posnanski just tweeted that he's going to be at tonight's show in DC. If I run into him, I'll ask him what he thinks about the O's.

#88 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Posnanski just tweeted that he's going to be at tonight's show in DC. If I run into him, I'll ask him what he thinks about the O's.

If he doesn't have his computer he won't be much help.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#89 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

Anyone know if there is any sort of presale for this by signing up for a mailing list or aynthing like that?  Or is it just wait until Friday at 10am and hope to get one?

Also, where are the best seats (and/or best value seats) at the Arena?

Gonna try to finally see Bruce this time.

#90 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

Posted this on Facebook but I think I'll pass on this show.  "The River" is a fine album, although probably his worst pre-90s," and probably not worth seeing a show where he plays the whole thing in its entirety (plus some other songs, granted). I'll wait a few years and hope that when "Born in the USA" turns 35 he does the same thing.  THAT album is worth seeing live in its entirety.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#91 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

Posted this on Facebook but I think I'll pass on this show.  "The River" is a fine album, although probably his worst pre-90s," and probably not worth seeing a show where he plays the whole thing in its entirety (plus some other songs, granted). I'll wait a few years and hope that when "Born in the USA" turns 35 he does the same thing.  THAT album is worth seeing live in its entirety.

Having just gotten into Bruce, I agree. 

If I am going to plunk down $200 to see him, he needs to play all the hits.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#92 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

Also, where are the best seats (and/or best value seats) at the Arena?

The advantage of having an arena that is too small and poorly designed for most activities is that it is very well designed for concerts. I sat in the back corner of the 200 level for Garth Brooks and could see perfectly well.

@DJ_McCann

#93 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

No presale, unfortunately.  I think the best approach is to try on both the Ticketmaster app and website tomorrow.  And keep trying for a while, even if it initially says no tickets are available - people sometimes throw tickets back, so they become available later.

If your entire group can get there by 4:30, I'd say go for the General Admission floor tickets.  There's a lottery for order of entry, but the drawing is at 5:00.  You could always skip the lottery and stand at the back of the floor, but then seats in the 100 level would probably be a better choice.

I also think a Born in the USA show would be better, but remember that Bruce turns 67 this year.  Nothing last forever.

#94 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

Well, that was kind of a tough ticket.

#95 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

Did you get one?  I'm still trying, but have given up hope. 

#96 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

And by one I mean 4.  I've actually dropped down to searching for 2, but still no luck finding any available, even the bad seats.

#97 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:18 AM

I was able to get 2 GA's with the app, but all of my various browsers came back with nothing.  I'd keep trying, though - I can guarantee people are using both the website and app, and throwing back whichever tickets are worse.

#98 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

I see that they've added a 'get a text if tickets become available' option for the Baltimore show. There generally is a ticket drop at some point in the week leading up to the concert, although for the 2009 Baltimore show the drop was apparently pretty small. http://www.ticketmas...01&minorcatid=1

#99 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

There was supposedly a ticket drop today.  There might still be pairs out there on Ticketmaster.

#100 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Anybody go to the show last night?  I wasn't able to get tickets.

Gonna need to be more determined to get to see him next time he's in the area.  Heard they played for over 3 hours straight.  Curious to hear what they played besides both of The River albums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=