#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

No, it's far from just the LeBron haters that point it out and hold it against him.

It's an indisputable fact and it's an indisputable factor in weighing legacy.

Well I'm glad that's settled. If this happens, should it be held against James?

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

No it's not it's just your dumb opinion. I don't see you hating on Karl Malone for joining the 2004 Lakers.

Youre an idiot. Yeah, yeah, I'm the only one who has ever brought up how this " teaming up" is perceived and affects legacy.

At this point I want Melo to go to Mia just so every time the subject of teaming up and manipulating the system is brought up, I can post a link.

#23 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,561 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Youre an idiot. Yeah, yeah, I'm the only one who has ever brought up how this " teaming up" is perceived and affects legacy.

At this point I want Melo to go to Mia just so every time the subject of teaming up and manipulating the system is brought up, I can post a link.

Uh huh.  You have no clue what you are talking about.

Sadly, your hated of LeBron James makes you incapable of intelligently discussing him or the Heat.

I'll say it again:  people "team up" all the time to win a title.  And in the NBA, when you need at least two superstar caliber players, generally, to win, it happens much more often.

To say that you'd be totally OK if Wade and Bosh had gone to Cleveland is just stupid.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#24 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

No it's not it's just your dumb opinion. I don't see you hating on Karl Malone for joining the 2004 Lakers.

I like Karl Malone, but I don't like that he and Gary Payton latched on to the Lakers to try to win a championship.

There was a hockey player at the time - Ray Borque, maybe? - who did the same thing.  I believe he went to the Avalanche who were the hot team at the time.

I will say that I understand it a little bit more if you're older and you're just trying to be a role player type.  I still don't like it, but I get it that they want to win one before they retire.

I don't like a bunch of younger star players purposely trying to align themselves on the same team.  And I don't hate any of them, in fact I think they all seem like pretty good guys.

#25 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

I like Karl Malone, but I don't like that he and Gary Payton latched on to the Lakers to try to win a championship.

There was a hockey player at the time - Ray Borque, maybe? - who did the same thing.  I believe he went to the Avalanche who were the hot team at the time.

I will say that I understand it a little bit more if you're older and you're just trying to be a role player type.  I still don't like it, but I get it that they want to win one before they retire.

I don't like a bunch of younger star players purposely trying to align themselves on the same team.  And I don't hate any of them, in fact I think they all seem like pretty good guys.

Bourque was slightly different, because he was traded by a rebuilding Bruins team to the Avalanche.

@DJ_McCann

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

There was a hockey player at the time - Ray Borque, maybe? - who did the same thing. I believe he went to the Avalanche who were the hot team at the time.

I will say that I understand it a little bit more if you're older and you're just trying to be a role player type. I still don't like it, but I get it that they want to win one before they retire.

I don't like a bunch of younger star players purposely trying to align themselves on the same team. And I don't hate any of them, in fact I think they all seem like pretty good guys.

Nope. I'm the only one. It's impossible for you to feel this way.

Open letter to Melo. Go to Miami so I can have fun spamming this board with all the people who have a problem with it. Both fans and media.

#27 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Bourque was slightly different, because he was traded by a rebuilding Bruins team to the Avalanche.

Technically, he was traded. He asked for the trade to a contender though. And probably more than any other league NHL teams often willingly grant, or at least acquiesce, the requests of aging stars looking to latch on somewhere for one last shot at a title.

Interesting thing was that when Colorado won the Cup and Bourque got his time with the trophy, he took it to Boston and they pretty much held a victory parade of their own.

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

I don't buy that all 4 will be able to co-exist.

#29 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

There was a hockey player at the time - Ray Borque, maybe? - who did the same thing. I believe he went to the Avalanche who were the hot team at the time.

I will say that I understand it a little bit more if you're older and you're just trying to be a role player type. I still don't like it, but I get it that they want to win one before they retire.

I don't like a bunch of younger star players purposely trying to align themselves on the same team. And I don't hate any of them, in fact I think they all seem like pretty good guys.

Nope. I'm the only one. It's impossible for you to feel this way.

Open letter to Melo. Go to Miami so I can have fun spamming this board with all the people who have a problem with it. Both fans and media.

Plenty of people have an issue with it. Anyway, again, is this something you would rip James for or just Melo?

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

I don't buy that all 4 will be able to co-exist.

I think they probably can in part because of their experiences in the Olympics. Melo is really the only selfish player in the group. Plus, Wade doesn't play a ton in the regular season anymore and James wants to reduce his workload some too.

#31 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,561 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

I don't buy that all 4 will take a pay cut big enough to make this happen.

Plus, if they did, wouldn't they hear something from the player's union?

@bopper33

#32 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

I don't buy that all 4 will take a pay cut big enough to make this happen.

Plus, if they did, wouldn't they hear something from the player's union?

What union? There's no one running the thing, and they got beat down in the last CBA. If LeBron tells the union to STFU, they'll do just that.

@DJ_McCann

#33 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Melo apparently will opt out.

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,486 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

I would actively enjoy seeing that train wreck.

#35 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Houston and Chicago are supposedly the favorites.

#36 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Is he really the right player for Chicago?  Melo doesn't really play defense.

#37 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Is he really the right player for Chicago?  Melo doesn't really play defense.

He plays some defense and maybe Thibs would get him to step up. Besides, having a great team D around him will help as long as learns how to be decent in that system.

#38 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,561 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

He won't really have to play much D on the Bulls. They are desperate for someone who can score.

@bopper33

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,561 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Not enough balls for Harden and Melo IMO and that team would then have two stars who don't play D.

@bopper33

#40 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Not enough balls for Harden and Melo IMO and that team would then have two stars who don't play D.

Good points, but Harden's D would very likely improve if he didn't expend as much energy on offense. Harden also has the ability to share the ball well on offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=