#161 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

Drinking a Penn Weizen from the PA brewing company.

Very solid.

#162 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

Had some beer and bourbons/whiskeys today at the festival in Timonium. My thoughts on new one's to me.

Monument Brewing Company, 51 Rye IPA. Best beer I had all day. Highly recommend. Delicious, and on the lighter side as far as IPAs go for those that don't like overly hoppy tastes. 

Sweetwater. 420 Pale Ale. It was Ok. Nothing special.

Hoffbrau. Dunkel was real good. Hefiweizen was better. 

Jailbreak. Feed the Monkey. Some kind of Mango something or another....it was awful I poured it out in the garbage. 

Bells. Two Hearted Pale Ale. Had it before and loved it. Still good. 

Lost of other stuff I already had so I passed. 

Tried a Whiskey with chipotle peppers in it. As if whiskey doesn't have enough burn...lets add hot peppers to it! 

Stranahan was a whiskey made in Colorado, and was really smooth. Something different about it, but not a typical bourbon oak, woody flavor. What ever was different it was quite yummy. Stood out among other bourbons and whiskeys I tried.

Would probably spring for the VIP tickets next time to get in two hours early. Avoid the lines and the crowds and maybe get the fresh food, colder beer.

@BSLMikeRandall

#163 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

Damn, AB InBev just bought Devils Backbone.  Guess I'm done drinking their stuff.

#164 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Damn, AB InBev just bought Devils Backbone.  Guess I'm done drinking their stuff.

I was never that impressed anyway.
  • McNulty likes this

#165 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

I was never that impressed anyway.

That's because you dont like good beer. ;)

#166 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

Regardless of what you think of the brewery, it's not good seeing the big guy gobble up the competition.

#167 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

Regardless of what you think of the brewery, it's not good seeing the big guy gobble up the competition.

We're gonna end up with Beer, Inc....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#168 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

Agree with this, but when it happens I prefer it to be a situation like this where I won't feel conflicted about drinking beer that I really like.

#169 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

DB Vienna was tight. Pretty surprising to see a brewer of that size get absorbed. I know they have decent coverage but still. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#170 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

Flying Dog Counter Culture...one of my faves from FD. Great beer.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#171 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

Founders distributing in Maryland starting in the end of May!!!!  This is fantastic news!

#172 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,422 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

Had what I think was the Flying Dog Cold Press Coffee Porter Monday night, thought it was really good.

#173 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

Had what I think was the Flying Dog Cold Press Coffee Porter Monday night, thought it was really good.

They are delicious.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#174 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

Man sounds great, I will have to keep an eye out for that before it gets too hot.

#175 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:55 AM

Man sounds great, I will have to keep an eye out for that before it gets too hot.

I think it's one of the "brewhouse rarities" collection. So not sure how long it will be on the shelves.
@BSLMikeRandall

#176 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

I think it's one of the "brewhouse rarities" collection. So not sure how long it will be on the shelves.

I don't have much problem finding their stuff here in Fredneck...gonna keep an eye out for it for sure or pop into the bar at the brewery.

They recently were able to get a permit to serve beer without giving a tour, which is pretty rad.

• Mike in STL likes this

#177 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

I don't have much problem finding their stuff here in Fredneck...gonna keep an eye out for it for sure or pop into the bar at the brewery.
They recently were able to get a permit to serve beer without giving a tour, which is pretty rad.

Definitely plan on trying to go to a keys game or two and stoping in for a pregame flight.
@BSLMikeRandall

#178 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

RAR has a really good coffee stout and they put out some good stuff in general.

#179 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

I'll be in Montreal this weekend...gonna be a little chilly there, hoping to try out some good dark, heavy stuff I wouldn't normally try.

#180 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

Our country, on a can of pisswater. This might be among the all-time lows for us as a nation. We need to trademark "America" now, before Taco Bell gets any bright ideas.

Reuters: Budweiser renames itself 'America' to inspire drinkers

3059681-inline-s-1-budweiser-renames-its

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=