#181 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

About a week or so away from Founders beer being sold in Maryland!

• Bmore Irish likes this

#182 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

BREAKING NEWS FOR PENNSYLVANIA, May 2016 <smh>

HARRISBURG, Pa.- Today, Governor Tom Wolf applauded the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for “freeing the six-pack” in gas stations by approving nine applications permitting businesses with appropriate protections to sell up to 192 ounces of malt or brewed beverages.

“’Freeing the six-pack’ will make the commonwealth more inviting for customers and businesses,” said Governor Tom Wolf. “I applaud the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for approving these applications and respectfully ask that they approve similar subsequent applications that otherwise meet PLCB standards in order to improve customer service and convenience for Pennsylvania.”

http://fox43.com/201...a-gas-stations/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#183 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout Nitro

Dark, dark colored stout  that's coffee/creamy tasting.  This one gets my high review mark of quoting Barney Gumble and "just hook it up to my veins."

Stone Americano Stout

Much like the above beer this one is dark and coffee/creamy tasting.  Just didn't like it as much as the Milk Stout Nitro.  Would drink again though.

• Il BuonO likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#184 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:44 AM

Yuengling remains my go to beer if I happen to be at a bar/restaurant that has little to no craft beer to pick from.  Solid brew that is good at anytime of year.

#185 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

Best on draft, ice cold.

Not my favorite but my FIL loves it so I do drink my share of it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#186 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

What was the first beer you got drunk off of?

Mine was Rolling Rock lol.

In fact, the first two times I got drunk were both on Rolling Rock at different places.

• NewMarketSean likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#187 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

Mine was RR too. It was the first beer I had a taste for...took me some time to get into beer. I was that douche drinking Woodchuck Cider until about 22.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#188 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:28 AM

I wanna say mine was Beast Light.

tumblr_lxjijoj2p51qe4lx7o1_500.gif

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#189 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

At a brewery while on vacation in Jackson Wyoming. But more importantly, check out the message towards the top of the pic. :D

b0482d1656fbbf03b0d80ea97d38bec7.jpg

#190 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lousy regulators have approved the ABInBev SABMiller, ugh.

#191 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

What was the first beer you got drunk off of?

Mine was Rolling Rock lol.

In fact, the first two times I got drunk were both on Rolling Rock at different places.

Mickey's Big Mouth

#192 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout Nitro

Dark, dark colored stout  that's coffee/creamy tasting.  This one gets my high review mark of quoting Barney Gumble and "just hook it up to my veins."

Stone Americano Stout

Much like the above beer this one is dark and coffee/creamy tasting.  Just didn't like it as much as the Milk Stout Nitro.  Would drink again though.

Left Hand milk stout is one of my favorites.

Had a good sour the other day, Technicolor Motorhome Bangkok Kumquat.

#193 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

For a brewery that makes so many beers, I like so few Flying Dog beers. But Numero Uno has been a good go-to so far this summer and Counter Culture is awesome.

#194 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

Had Old Pro by Union last night. I'm not big into sour beers. Seems to be the trendy new thing. One is refreshing on a hot day, but I can't drink more than that. Old Pro is...something else. Sour, but salty too. Almost like taking a swig of ocean water. My buddy can't get enough of it. The saltyness is too much for me. 

I like everything else Union puts out though, and love the graphics on the cans. Old Pro is a reference to the mini-golf in OC.

old-pro.jpg?itok=GEgVcdbj

Steady Eddie is a seasonal IPA, not a hop bomb at all, very smooth. The can looks like an old time ticket to Memorial Stadium

label_thumb_16035001000204_front.jpg

• DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#195 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

Had Old Pro by Union last night. I'm not big into sour beers. Seems to be the trendy new thing. One is refreshing on a hot day, but I can't drink more than that. Old Pro is...something else. Sour, but salty too. Almost like taking a swig of ocean water. My buddy can't get enough of it. The saltyness is too much for me.

I like everything else Union puts out though, and love the graphics on the cans. Old Pro is a reference to the mini-golf in OC.
old-pro.jpg?itok=GEgVcdbj

Steady Eddie is a seasonal IPA, not a hop bomb at all, very smooth. The can looks like an old time ticket to Memorial Stadium

label_thumb_16035001000204_front.jpg

I had my first sour this past week and had a different reaction, but it may be the particular beer you tried. I'd give it another shot w a different sour brew. If it happens again then that isn't the beer for you.

Last week I had a Bourbon Barrel Aged Hellfighter by Karbach and last night I had an agave wheat beer by Breckenridge. The BBAH is more my style but I'm trying to get into summer brews. The agave wheat was a good representation of that.

Attached Files

#196 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

I had my first sour this past week and had a different reaction, but it may be the particular beer you tried. I'd give it another shot w a different sour brew. If it happens again then that isn't the beer for you.

Last week I had a Bourbon Barrel Aged Hellfighter by Karbach and last night I had an agave wheat beer by Breckenridge. The BBAH is more my style but I'm trying to get into summer brews. The agave wheat was a good representation of that.

I've had other sour beers. They taste ok. Just not something I can drink a lot of. The Old Pro had an extra salty taste that I couldn't get past.
@BSLMikeRandall

#197 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

Mother Earth Endless River Kolsch on a day that's damn near 100.

It doesn't get much better than this.

#198 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

MD has really stepped up their craft beer game in the past 5 years.

http://marylandbeer....tition-results/

• BSLChrisStoner, NewMarketSean and Markus like this

#199 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

MD has really stepped up their craft beer game in the past 5 years.

http://marylandbeer....tition-results/

I'm kinda surprised to see Frederick's own Barley and Hops placing in a bunch of categories.

Also, no Flying Dog. I wonder if MD doesn't consider it a true Maryland craft brewery since it's originally from Colorado.

#200 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

I'm kinda surprised to see Frederick's own Barley and Hops placing in a bunch of categories.

Also, no Flying Dog. I wonder if MD doesn't consider it a true Maryland craft brewery since it's originally from Colorado.

http://marylandbeer....urrent-members/

They are a member, just didn't win anything this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=