#61 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Yep. Won't affect seasoning or toppings at all, just helps with a nice juicy burger. Throw some colby-jack, bacon and a fried egg on there...despite being tragically unhealthy, it's delicious.

Ehh, who cares about the unhealthy part. :)
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#62 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

I've never cooked a roast on the grill before, but I grilled one on Sunday.  1 hour 45 minutes of indirect heat, didn't touch it at all.  Put some slices on a kaiser roll with horse raddish, that was some good eating!

#63 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I've grilled every night since Friday. Made my own burgers last night and put them in a lettuce wrap. Ohhhhh man. They were good.

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,422 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

I grilled some mango and mahi mahi last night, then ate them on homemade corn tortillas with some diced tomato and avocado slices.

Pretty damn delicious.

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

I grilled some mango and mahi mahi last night, then ate them on homemade corn tortillas with some diced tomato and avocado slices.

Pretty damn delicious.

Grilled Mahi Mahi is one of the few fish I like but I haven't made it at home yet...what did you season it with? The mango?

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Grilled some chicken breast last night, butterflied. Also, my Weber has a cast iron pan that I can place in the middle, so I used that and grilled some Bacon. Chicken breast, topped with fuji apples sliced, bacon and smoked mozz. Freakin' delicious.

The bacon grease is still in the cast iron pot in the grill, I'll be using that next time I grill up one of my epic home made burgers, probably this weekend. 

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Grilled Mahi Mahi is one of the few fish I like but I haven't made it at home yet...what did you season it with? The mango?

Not sure what he did but most fish just needs salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon before and after.

Salmon is great for grilling.

Gonna grill up some steaks tonight, drink a nice red with it on the deck. Can't wait.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#68 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Not sure what he did but most fish just needs salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon before and after.

Salmon is great for grilling.

Gonna grill up some steaks tonight, drink a nice red with it on the deck. Can't wait.

What cut are you going with tonight? Marinade?

#69 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

What cut are you going with tonight? Marinade?

Not sure. Gonna get them on way home. I love Ribeye but my wife prefers sirloin or filet. No marinade needed for that, just a little evoo, salt, pepper and a pad of butter when they come off to rest.

• You Play to Win the Game and Russ like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#70 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

A little salt, pepper, some dill, and put like two slices of lemon on it while it's cooking. Don't cook fish directly on the grill. Foil packets work great, or just on a cedar plank.

Sub out the lemon slices for a little mango salsa for a more Caribbean flavor. 

@JeremyMStrain

#71 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

A little salt, pepper, some dill, and put like two slices of lemon on it while it's cooking. Don't cook fish directly on the grill. Foil packets work great, or just on a cedar plank.

Sub out the lemon slices for a little mango salsa for a more Caribbean flavor. 

When you do foil packets do you cover the whole fish or just make a little dish out of the foil to cook it in?

#72 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

When you do foil packets do you cover the whole fish or just make a little dish out of the foil to cook it in?

I do both, making a little dish does a better job of giving you a flaky top crust, the wrap over pretty much just steams it for you, so it's a little different texture wise, but usually a smidge more flavor.

@JeremyMStrain

#73 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Cool. Gonna try that out next time although tuna and salmon I usually do right on the grill but this will work great for flaky white fish.

#74 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

I have a fish grilling basket.

#75 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Cool. Gonna try that out next time although tuna and salmon I usually do right on the grill but this will work great for flaky white fish.

Exactly. Fish is just so fragile. A couple of my friends are big fishers so there's a ton of Rockfish in the summer. I got real creative with some stuff lying around the house and put a crust of Garden Salsa flavored Sun Chips on some Rockfish and grilled it. It was AMAZING.

• Russ likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#76 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,422 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I marinated it in some oil, lime juice, and soy sauce but only for a little while (just while the charcoal was ashing over, like 20 min or so).  Salt and pepper before it went on the grill.  They were fairly thick skin on filets, so I did the skin side down over high heat for like 4-5 minutes, flipped the over to the flesh side for a minute or two, and then moved them to the cool side of the grill while my other stuff finished.

Mango I just oiled a little bit so it wouldn't stick, and sprinkled with some salt.  Melted butter would've probably been tastier than the olive oil!

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,422 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Gonna be cooking some hot dogs on sticks over a campfire the next couple days!  Not quite as fancy, but damn good themselves!

#78 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Carne asada, chicken, and shrimp all getting grilled up tonight.

It's fajita time.
  • Mackus likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#79 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Gonna be cooking some hot dogs on sticks over a campfire the next couple days!  Not quite as fancy, but damn good themselves!

Maybe I'm just hungry, but I could go for some grilled hot dogs right now.

• SportsGuy likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#80 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Carne asada, chicken, and shrimp all getting grilled up tonight.

It's fajita time.

Oh you FANCY.

Now seriously, I really am hungry now.

You gonna warm the tortillas on the grill too?

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=