The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Oh you FANCY.

Now seriously, I really am hungry now.

You gonna warm the tortillas on the grill too?

In my best Morgan Freeman, "You're goddam right."
  • Russ likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#83 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Rockfish is awesome.  Wish I could get that here.

How long is their season up there?  I'd just about plan an O's trip around it.

#84 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Rockfish is awesome.  Wish I could get that here.

How long is their season up there?  I'd just about plan an O's trip around it.

Pretty long actually. Like March-November?
@JeremyMStrain

#85 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

Not grilled - but I made an amazing Pasta Carbonara dish tonight. Spaghetti... topped with a home made sauce... bacon, onion, hard cream (that's what she said), parsley, pepper, salt, etc. Mixed all together after the noodles were ready. Seriously, would have paid $20 for that dish at a nice Italian place.

• PatrickDougherty likes this

#86 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Not grilling, but I've made 400 meatballs (20 lb of beef & pork, plus a pound or two worth of grated onion, garlic, ginger, egg, and bread crumbs) and just put 4 pork shoulders (~32 lb total) into the oven at 225 and they'll stay there for the next 12-16 hours and pulled tomorrow.

Day 1 of prep for my huge party I throw every year on July 3rd.  Wish I could have it all ready fresh, but it's so much food that I gotta make it ahead of time and freeze it.  Thaw it out and then reheat it the day of the party.

Tomorrow is 6 chickens for pulled chicken, gonna try and grill two or three of them on the rotisserie, do the rest in the oven.  Sides I make a couple days ahead of time, will be nice to get all the meat done almost two weeks early.

• You Play to Win the Game and PatrickDougherty like this

#87 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Not grilling, but I've made 400 meatballs (20 lb of beef & pork, plus a pound or two worth of grated onion, garlic, ginger, egg, and bread crumbs) and just put 4 pork shoulders (~32 lb total) into the oven at 225 and they'll stay there for the next 12-16 hours and pulled tomorrow.

Day 1 of prep for my huge party I throw every year on July 3rd.  Wish I could have it all ready fresh, but it's so much food that I gotta make it ahead of time and freeze it.  Thaw it out and then reheat it the day of the party.

Tomorrow is 6 chickens for pulled chicken, gonna try and grill two or three of them on the rotisserie, do the rest in the oven.  Sides I make a couple days ahead of time, will be nice to get all the meat done almost two weeks early.

What's a guy gotta do to get an invite? Holy shit man.
  • PatrickDougherty likes this

@fuzydunlop

#88 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Yeah really. That sounds awesome.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Come on now guys, don't invite yourselves. If Mackus wants to be a dick and not invite anyone, that's up to him. :)

#90 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Come on now guys, don't invite yourselves. If Mackus wants to be a dick and not invite anyone, that's up to him. :)

I'll be in Cali. Was just screwing around.

@fuzydunlop

#91 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Going to the O's that night. Starts my 2 week vacation. One of which will be spent in the Banks. I'm good.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#92 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

You guys are welcome if anyone actually wants to come. East side of Canton, near Patterson Middle School. You'll hear it!

#93 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Starts my 2 week vacation. One of which will be spent in the Banks. I'm good.

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up.

#94 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Last night grilled up some carne asada, warmed tortillas on the grill, and had it with some homemade salsa and sautéed onions and bell peppers.

My belly was very content.

#95 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

We go down Aug 2, and will be there 2,weeks this year.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#96 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Damn  you... that is awesome. It's easily the best week of my year. Just so relaxing and chill.

#97 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Damn  you... that is awesome. It's easily the best week of my year. Just so relaxing and chill.

Yep. I've been fighting for the 2nd week for 5 years and finally got enough people for the 2nd. Had to split it between 2 houses but totally worth it.
@JeremyMStrain

#98 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Yep. I've been fighting for the 2nd week for 5 years and finally got enough people for the 2nd. Had to split it between 2 houses but totally worth it.

I loved going down there for 2-3 weeks at a time. Those Saturday mornings when most people are heading out, the beaches are pretty much empty.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#99 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Attempted to "smoke" a rack of baby back ribs using my Weber today for the first time.  Went pretty well, but definitely can improve upon it.  I had a chimney full of briquets that I stacked on one side of the grill, had a pan of water on the other side, soaked a bunch of hickory chunks and put them directly on top of the briquets, and had the ribs up on the grate on top of the drip pan. 

Temperature control was tricky, it started off too hot, up to like 375 in there near the meat.  I think next time I'll do only a half chimney of charcoal, and put that on top of the other half unlit.  Combined with the high initial heat, I had added brown sugar to my rub, and that ended up getting not quite burnt, but definitely fully carmelized and a bit crispy.  After an hour or so, the temp had dropped and I was able to add more charcoal and wood as it burned off and keep the temp around 225.  4 hours total on the grill, flipping the ribs every hour.  The meat was really great, fall off the bone tender and I could definitely taste the smoke (or maybe I was just smelling it on my shirt, I should've showered before eating!).  I think next time I'll try to keep the initial heat lower and maybe wrap the ribs in foil after the first couple hours or whenever the bark starts looking crispy.  Could even finish in the oven at that point, since I don't think the smoke flavor would continue to impart if they are wrapped in foil.

Anyways, it was one of my more adventurous grilling attempts yet.  Will definitely try again.  Probably burned $6 worth of charcoal and wood chips for a $12 rack of ribs, though.  Should make more next time to be a bit more cost effective.

• DuffMan likes this

#100 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Well, my grill is fucked now.  Have to buy a new one.

I am tired of my Charbroil grills not lasting like they should...some of which is admittingly my fault and others are they just aren't as good.

Guess I am going to have to splurge on the Weber now.

• SammyBirdland likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=