124 replies to this topic

#61 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Nobody has a clue where this plane is. Shit just keeps changing everyday.

The only thing that would shock me is if it landed somewhere. That would have been picked up by another countries radar or people would have seen it by now.

#62 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

This shit is seriously like Lost.
  • JamesGallden likes this

#63 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

If they never physically find this plane, it becomes this centuries Roswell incident.

Not necessarily anything to do with Aliens, but just gonna be a bunch of conspiracy theories and no real way to debunk them because the physical evidence has been destroyed,lost, hidden,etc

#64 JamesGallden

JamesGallden
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

So is there any latest with this, or still that it's just disappeared?  Can we rule out it being blown to bits by a missile?

#65 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,042 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

They'll eventually find it. It's just somewhere no one ever could have predicted.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#66 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Eventually some debris shows up if it crashed somewhere.

It's just so intriguing right now. Not to minimize the reality of losing 300 people, but it would kind of be disappointing if this was simply a suicide mission by the pilot.

#67 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

If they never physically find this plane, it becomes this centuries Roswell incident.

Not necessarily anything to do with Aliens, but just gonna be a bunch of conspiracy theories and no real way to debunk them because the physical evidence has been destroyed,lost, hidden,etc

Wait, you don't think aliens abducted the plane?

#68 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

So now they're saying the plane flew for 7 hours after it went dark. Wow. And they're searching two corridors: one toward Kazakstan and another veering toward the South Indian Ocean.

The story just keeps getting crazier but it's all but a fact that the plane was hijacked or intentionally diverted. One interesting theory is that people have taken over planes to gain asylum in different countries, I owner if that could have been the case here somehow.

I'm sorry: did you say Kazakhstan? How did Borat's buddies get involved in this? :P

@DJ_McCann

#69 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Wait, you don't think aliens abducted the plane?

tumblr_m1rjsuzGeA1r3ifxzo1_1280.jpg

#70 JamesGallden

JamesGallden
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

http://www.washingto...c4bf_print.html

Plane possibly flew on for 7 hours after latest communication.

#71 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

I have a feeling that the next time we see this plane will be popping up on radar right before it and a full load of explosives goes into the Petronas Towers or Shanghai Tower or the Thai parliament building or some other major landmark or governmental structure.

@DJ_McCann

#72 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

I have a feeling that the next time we see this plane will be popping up on radar right before it and a full load of explosives goes into the Petronas Towers or Shanghai Tower or the Thai parliament building or some other major landmark or governmental structure.

You would hope that they are on high alert and will be prepared to shoot it down.

That said, if it crossed over multiple countries radar and landed safely, you have to think they could do it again.

#73 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

You would hope that they are on high alert and will be prepared to shoot it down.

That said, if it crossed over multiple countries radar and landed safely, you have to think they could do it again.

Right. I think China's a big stretch, but I can see it in Malaysia or elsewhere in SE Asia. Especially if they don't have to fly too far.

@DJ_McCann

#74 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

The plane is a Boeing 777-200ER. I could see the plane landing in some remote location. But it would be another thing taking off, especially fully loaded. Fully loaded it would need a 7,998 foot runway, according to here:

http://planes.findth...eed-to-take-off

I don't think their are too many remote locations with 8000 foot runways?

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#75 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

The plane is a Boeing 777-200ER. I could see the plane landing in some remote location. But it would be another thing taking off, especially fully loaded. Fully loaded it would need a 7,998 foot runway, according to here:

http://planes.findth...eed-to-take-off

I don't think their are too many remote locations with 8000 foot runways?

True dat. I've heard some theories this was all about the cargo. Apparently, it wasn't screened.

Alll that said, I still think it's very likely it went down in the ocean. Suicide mission where the pilot really was trying to make the plane hard to find. Doesn't make sense really, but if it's a suicidal pilot why would it.

#76 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,789 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Just thinking of places this plane could land with little or no detection, someone might want to do a quick satellite scan of Somalia....not sure if the plane would have had enough fuel to make it that far though. Yemen is another possibility.

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

Pakistan? Iran?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#78 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

The longer this goes with no wreckage, and with some of the other info coming out, the more likely it is this did land somewhere. Now they are saying the plane flew at 5,000 feet to try and avoid radar.

Concerning to think what the plan was, and potentially is going forward.

#79 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,042 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

So much info coming out right now....none of it solid aside from the wide area that the plane flew.

There's here say about the elder pilot's political leanings and there is some strong coincidence but none of it is rock solid. It also sounds as if it the Malaysian government could have an axe to grind too.

Just a crazy crazy story but the more that comes out the more that the possibility that the plane landed somewhere and people are still alive increases.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#80 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Wouldn't someone have seen a plane flying around at 5k feet?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=