Photo

BSL Fantasy Baseball League Thread 2 (2014 Season)

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#41 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

He did the real draft and the minor league draft for you? The minor league draft took days on here so it would be unlikely to need a replacement for that part.

I honestly don't remember doing it. 

He actually couldn't do the draft either, so one of his friends did it...It was a disaster, though our team was pretty good. 

@beginthebegin71

#42 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Seth- by process of elimination your draftees would have been one of these couples-

Miguel Sano

Jon Schoop

Francisco Lindor

Tajuan Walker

Billy Hamilton

Jose Fernandez

Gerrit Cole

Jackie Bradley

Anthony Rendon

Travis D Arnaud

Kevin Gausman

James Tallion

Thats removing the sets bnick already posted, and I definitely remember Cerrano getting the first pick and taking Myers. Any of those ring the bell?

#43 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Seth- by process of elimination your draftees would have been one of these couples-

Miguel Sano

Jon Schoop

Francisco Lindor

Tajuan Walker

Billy Hamilton

Jose Fernandez

Gerrit Cole

Jackie Bradley

Anthony Rendon

Travis D Arnaud

Kevin Gausman

James Tallion

Thats removing the sets bnick already posted, and I definitely remember Cerrano getting the first pick and taking Myers. Any of those ring the bell?

I have a pending email with Adam (Crimson Tribe), so hopefully I'll know soon enough..

Thanks, this definitely helps. 

@beginthebegin71

#44 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

One of those groups is mine but I can't remember which one.

#45 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Just to let you guys know, I have PMs out to the guys who haven't verified whether they are returning this year.

If there is any rules you want to bring up do it now. As soon as we get the minor league rosters sorted out we will immediately go into declaring our keepers.

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

I can't guarantee I would be able to draft on that night by that time...so, it would be better if you gave my spot to someone else.

I had Bradley Jr and Cole btw.

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Welcome Ricker to the league.

Looking for 1 more to make 10 if anyone is interested.

Those of you who know your keepers start listing them here .

Ricker and the other new owner will get first two picks in the minor league draft. After that we go by record of last year.

I'm keeping Yelich for $5, Iwakuma for $6, and keeping Bogarts in my minor leagues to start the year .

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

So are all the players from the teams that are folding going back into the pool?  Can we get a list of which players those are?  Are Ricker and any other new people taking over someone's team or starting anew with 0 keepers?

#49 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Yes, all the players from folding teams go back into both the ML and minor league pools.

Expansion teams will start from scratch. Again, they'll get 1st picks in minor league draft.

#50 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Have we figured out who my Minor league guys were yet?

ADam hasn't gotten back to me.

Thanks,

A Moron

@beginthebegin71

#51 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

If we cant figure out who Heel or Russ had they will just get two picks again in the minor league draft.

Also, players who were part of a minor league roster last year but made their MLB debut will be part of the ML auction draft if not kept. For example, Cerrano had Wil Myers on his minor league roster. Since he is not being kept, as Cerranos team is folding, and has made his ML debut he will be part of the ML auction draft.

Again, the minor league portion of the draft is just for players who have not made their ML debut yet. The only way a player can be kept on a minor league roster if they've made their ML debut is if you choose to select them as a keeper and carry them over on your minor league roster from last year.

#52 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

The rules in this league rival the US Tax Code lol.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

It's actually not that difficult.

My explanations and examples probably aren't clear enough.

#54 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Edit: Down to 4 groups of keepers unclaimed.  I have a PM out to both Matt and Peter to see who their keepers were and if they plan on coming back. Matt hasn't logged in in over a month so Im not counting on him coming back.

#55 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm still unsure of who I took in the first and who I took in the second since they were back to back picks. That's important to know regarding if I want to keep either since I'd lose the pick of the player I kept right?

#56 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

I think I had Sano and Schoop. Regardless, I'm not keeping my minor leaguers.

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think, not positive, that DiLutis has Gausman and Tallion.

That would leave Fernandez and Hamilton and Tijuan Walker and Lindor  between Heel and Matt. Still hoping to find a way to figure that one out either through Matt getting back to me or Crimson to Heel.

Weber, I have no way to go back at this point to see who was a 1st or 2nd round minor league pick. So, if someone decides to keep just 1 guy on their minor league roster they will get a 1st round selection.

Still looking for a 10th player if anyone knows anyone interested. I'm fine with going with 9 if we have to do so but prefer 10.

Again, as soon as any of you want to start keeping players let me know. Both minor and ML guys. Just type it out here. Again, any of the teams that are foldings players will go back into the draft pool. Major League if they've made their debut. Minor League pool if they've never played in the Majors.

#58 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I think, not positive, that DiLutis has Gausman and Tallion.

That would leave Fernandez and Hamilton and Tijuan Walker and Lindor  between Heel and Matt. Still hoping to find a way to figure that one out either through Matt getting back to me or Crimson to Heel.

Weber, I have no way to go back at this point to see who was a 1st or 2nd round minor league pick. So, if someone decides to keep just 1 guy on their minor league roster they will get a 1st round selection.

Still looking for a 10th player if anyone knows anyone interested. I'm fine with going with 9 if we have to do so but prefer 10.

Again, as soon as any of you want to start keeping players let me know. Both minor and ML guys. Just type it out here. Again, any of the teams that are foldings players will go back into the draft pool. Major League if they've made their debut. Minor League pool if they've never played in the Majors.

Fernandez and Hamilton!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although if we had them, and didn't bring them up while in contention, that'd been pretty dumb. Adam and I basically took turns running the team, and he never mentioned those guys to me. I have to think he would have given that we were between second and fourth pretty much all season. 

@beginthebegin71

#59 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

I found an old trade discussion in my messages on here with Matt, but we didn't talk about any of his minor leaguers.  Maybe someone else had conversations with him or someone else about trading minor leaguers?

Is there any way to recover any commissioner or team owner postings to the Yahoo! site from last season?

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

So just to be clear... 4 keepers. If I keep Goldschmidt and Cobb they are $5 more than I drafted them for last year.

Puig and Gyorko were my minors keepers. I want to promote Puig for $5.

But I can keep Gyorko, not promote him, and he doesn't cost me anything, but then I only get one pick in the minors portion, right? If I promote Gyorko mid-season, how much to keep him next year? $5 again?

Also, I drafted Puig before Gyorko. So would I get my first pick in the minors draft, vacated by Puig?

If all of this is true, then lock me in for Goldy at $32, Cobb at $7, Puig at $5, and Gyorko not promoted.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=