Photo

BSL Fantasy Baseball League Thread 2 (2014 Season)

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I think you nailed it, Mike.

#62 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

So just to be clear... 4 keepers. If I keep Goldschmidt and Cobb they are $5 more than I drafted them for last year.

Puig and Gyorko were my minors keepers. I want to promote Puig for $5.

But I can keep Gyorko, not promote him, and he doesn't cost me anything, but then I only get one pick in the minors portion, right? If I promote Gyorko mid-season, how much to keep him next year? $5 again?

Also, I drafted Puig before Gyorko. So would I get my first pick in the minors draft, vacated by Puig?

If all of this is true, then lock me in for Goldy at $32, Cobb at $7, Puig at $5, and Gyorko not promoted.

Right on everything but this.

Because I have no way of knowing who were 1st round picks and 2nd round picks last year, anybody who keeps one minor league player as one of their keepers will get a 1st round pick this year. You're right that this was the way it was set up and will work in the future.

IN your case, assuming you do what you say you are doing above, you'll have a pick at the end of the 1st round in the minor league portion of the draft.

Im writing these down as your keepers. You have until next Thur to change your mind.

#63 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Right on everything but this.

Because I have no way of knowing who were 1st round picks and 2nd round picks last year, anybody who keeps one minor league player as one of their keepers will get a 1st round pick this year. You're right that this was the way it was set up and will work in the future.

IN your case, assuming you do what you say you are doing above, you'll have a pick at the end of the 1st round in the minor league portion of the draft.

Im writing these down as your keepers. You have until next Thur to change your mind.

Sounds good. Barring any injuries, that's what I'll go with.

@BSLMikeRandall

#64 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Here are my keepers (with 2014 cost):

Chris Davis $10

Jacoby Ellsbury $31

Papelbon $16

Carl Crawford $11

#65 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Gyorko was on my roster most of the year, FYI

@beginthebegin71

#66 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Gyorko was on my roster most of the year, FYI

I thought you dropped him quickly after?
@BSLMikeRandall

#67 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

I thought you dropped him quickly after?

He was still there as of this morning...

We had little communication during the year, my partner and I...This year I'll be doing it alone, so there won't be any confusion. Hopefully. 

@beginthebegin71

#68 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

I'll go look it up. I tried to stay on top of that stuff but I know some slipped through at times. .

Im gonna see if I can completely lock players that are on minor league rosters so people wont have to worry about picking up a player on minor league roster.  As soon as the owner of the player wants to call him up I'll unlock him for that owner.

#69 Bosibus

Bosibus
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I am keeping the following with last years price. Lucroy ($3), D. Brown ($4), Masterson (FA), Freeman ($17). Also, I am not interested keeping Hicks but am keeping Taveras from MiL but not promoting.

BTW, do we still need a spot for someone?

#70 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I am keeping the following with last years price. Lucroy ($3), D. Brown ($4), Masterson (FA), Freeman ($17). Also, I am not interested keeping Hicks but am keeping Taveras from MiL but not promoting.

I think  we could always use more guys. It's roto, so it doesn't matter how many teams.

@BSLMikeRandall

#71 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Thats 5 keepers.

#72 Bosibus

Bosibus
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Ahh didn't realize it worked like that. I thought MiL didn't matter. In that case I will not keep D. Brown.

#73 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I seem to remember the caveat last year that if we wanted to keep 4 players, one of them had to be a MiL. Am I misremembering or did we scrap that? I ask because I see Russ's keepers are all ML and I'm wondering if I can do that too.

I will post mine in the next couple days in any case. I keep wavering on what I'm going to do. Getting drunk today for the Irish channel St Patricks Day Parade. Maybe I'll have an epiphany.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#74 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I seem to remember the caveat last year that if we wanted to keep 4 players, one of them had to be a MiL. Am I misremembering or did we scrap that? I ask because I see Russ's keepers are all ML and I'm wondering if I can do that too.

I will post mine in the next couple days in any case. I keep wavering on what I'm going to do. Getting drunk today for the Irish channel St Patricks Day Parade. Maybe I'll have an epiphany.

Yes, thats the rule. 3 Major League keepers max.
  • Icterus galbula likes this

#75 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'll drop Crawford then.

#76 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Confirmed with Dilutis that Gaus and Tallion were his keepers. Pretty sure Fernandez and Hamilton were Matts keepers because I remember thinking to myself that he was going to win the league and didn't have to call up Fernandez.

Seth, if you want to keep Walker and or Lindor you can do so. Both are still generally Top 15 prospects.

Anyway, yes, still looking for 1 more player. If anyone has someone they feel is a quality owner. Also, remember keepers named by Thur.

Draft next Monday at 6:30.

#77 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

4 keepers, correct?

i plugged mine in on the site..

Wright, Bruce, Scherzer, Verlander.

@beginthebegin71

#78 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

4 keepers, correct?

i plugged mine in on the site..

Wright, Bruce, Scherzer, Verlander.

Only 3 major league keepers + 1 minor leaguer if you want.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Damn Matt Harvey injury...I'll keep Jansen for 13, Bucholtz for 6, and Lowrie for 8 as well as Addisson Russell in the minors. 

Also I can't make that draft time. If it can be changed, that's great, if not I guess I'll suck it up and autodraft. 

#80 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Only 3 major league keepers + 1 minor leaguer if you want.

Thanks...I'll adjust it and scratch David Wright. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=